Your Team v Warriors

ImageImageImage
User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Your Team v Warriors

Post by MacDougall » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:00 pm

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5. Simona
6. Marshall
7. Brooks (if we get that exemption)
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Sue
13. Blair

14. Sironen (would make a dynamite utility, can play everywhere bar fullback and wing imo)
15. Seumanufagai
16. Thompson
17. Buchanan

Anasta offers nothing to this side. BMM can't be carried in defence. For a big body he's soft as a pillow when tackling and we can't handle it when we're not a very good defensive side anyway.


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:01 pm

Have had this discussion in three thread Mac lol. Lets just see how he backs up against warriors and reserve our judgement till then

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:02 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He wasn't terrible at all he was very very good last night. He took several towering bombs that Moltzen would have let bounce, threw himself into the line as usual, cut down a couple of line breaks, scored a try backing up from nowhere and miraculously reeled in a freak kick despite slipping over. He conceded a 40/20 that everyone including Slater and Inglis would have, saved a 40/20 that not many players would have and got wrong footed by a prop albeit a prop who has the best footwork in the game for a prop.

You are objectively wrong about his performance. It was his best in our colours imo. Looked every bit a first grader and I usually reserve my compliments on him. Without him last night we'd have probably had 50 put past us imo.

Yeah agreed I thout he showed real fullback class again last night and was prob in our top 5 ont he field . Yes he missed Fifita but he went one way and the bloke went the other it happens and it happens to Billy slater and it happens to Greg inglis, it used to happen to Hodgo and the one on one defence against a player at speed, 120kg with a known step and fend while the fullback has to jaut kind of wait for him means you are on a hiding to nothing
To be honest Tedesco has shown plenty in one on one situations. He's cut down players in the clear this year that I didn't think he'd have a chance in the world of cutting down.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:04 pm

Moltzen would've stopped fifita and carney and even the bukuya try, he could've done better

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:06 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Moltzen would've stopped fifita and carney and even the bukuya try, he could've done better

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
If you really think that, that's fine. Teddy did stop Carney and there's no way Moltzen would have stopped Bukuya. If Moltzen had have tackled Fifita it would have been luck. For those three I'd like to see Moltzen field those bombs Teddy did. He wouldn't have even tried to imo.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:31 pm

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Koroibete
6. Marshall
7. Anasta
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Suemanufagai
11. Fulton
12. Sironen
13. Sue

14. Galloway
15. Buchanan
16. Blair
17. Ayshford

18. BMM
19. Thompson

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6867
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:33 pm

MacDougall wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Moltzen would've stopped fifita and carney and even the bukuya try, he could've done better

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
If you really think that, that's fine. Teddy did stop Carney and there's no way Moltzen would have stopped Bukuya. If Moltzen had have tackled Fifita it would have been luck. For those three I'd like to see Moltzen field those bombs Teddy did. He wouldn't have even tried to imo.
Absolute Buckley's chance. You'd look away knowing the inevitable is coming wouldn't you?
Anybody bagging Tedesco after that game either didnt watch the game closely, or have a vendetta. He was outstanding.
Seriously don't know how people can say that was a poor performance, and then defend Moltzen.
Mind boggling.
I thought last night we saw glimpses of the hype surrounding Teddy, if he builds on that he will be a great player. Showed great skill and ability. Some of those takes were phenomenal.

Anyway, my team:

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Simona
6. Marshall
7. Sironen
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Blair
11. Fulton
12. Reddy
13. Sue

14. Galloway
15. Seumanufagai
16. Buchanan
17. Farlow/Akauolo

If by some miracle we get the exemption for Brooks I would play him at 7, move Siro to 12, and Reddy on the bench instead of Farlow/Akauolo.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:57 pm

1. Teddy
2. Nofo
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Simona
6. Marshall
7. Anasta
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Blair
11. Fulton
12. Sironen
13. Sue
14. Galloway
15. Buchanan
16. Thompson
17. BMM

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:58 pm

Tedesco is tougher than Hodgson.

This is a savage initiation to NRL for him and he continues to put his body on the line. Its a foundation that Moltz coukdnt establish. Moltz only wanted the show pony plays and sooked when it didnt go his way. Teddy has decided toughness is the better foundation and the class attack will come later when the team is more settled and Potter focuses more on our attack
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

wests4life987
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue 02 Apr, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by wests4life987 » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 1:09 pm

Gavet back wouldn't mind seeing him in NSW cup for a week. Also ayshford is protected, Potter already said that Koroibete would probably come back through NSW cup.

But this is my team

1) teddy
2) Koro
3) Simona
4) Lawrence
5) Nofo
6) Benji (won't get dropped even though everyone wants to)
7) Brooks (hopefully gets exemption)
8) Woods
9) Farah
10) Blair
11) Siro
12) Fulton
13) Sue

14) Anasta
15) Galloway
16) Ava
17) Buchanan / Thompson

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10668
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 1:45 pm

Does the release of Pettybourne allow us to play Brooks?

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 4:26 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Does the release of Pettybourne allow us to play Brooks?
No. Pettybourne is with us until the end of season so he's still being paid.

Guest

Post by Guest » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 5:39 pm

Wat about facet

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Guest

Post by Guest » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 5:40 pm

Wat about gavet

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 5:56 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He wasn't terrible at all he was very very good last night. He took several towering bombs that Moltzen would have let bounce, threw himself into the line as usual, cut down a couple of line breaks, scored a try backing up from nowhere and miraculously reeled in a freak kick despite slipping over. He conceded a 40/20 that everyone including Slater and Inglis would have, saved a 40/20 that not many players would have and got wrong footed by a prop albeit a prop who has the best footwork in the game for a prop.

You are objectively wrong about his performance. It was his best in our colours imo. Looked every bit a first grader and I usually reserve my compliments on him. Without him last night we'd have probably had 50 put past us imo.

Yeah agreed I thout he showed real fullback class again last night and was prob in our top 5 ont he field . Yes he missed Fifita but he went one way and the bloke went the other it happens and it happens to Billy slater and it happens to Greg inglis, it used to happen to Hodgo and the one on one defence against a player at speed, 120kg with a known step and fend while the fullback has to jaut kind of wait for him means you are on a hiding to nothing
I agree also, you've described his game well, Mac. I have no idea what game the others were watching. Our perspectives are polar opposites lol.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:05 pm

Brooks for Anasta @7 if we get that exemption

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Reddy
4. Simona
5. Koroibete
6. Marshall
7. Anasta (task: kick at least 80% of last plays)
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. BMM
12. Sue
13. Blair

14. Sironen
15. Seumanufagai
16. Fulton
17. Buchanan

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Post by laufoofan » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:18 pm

Tes tried hard all night and will be good after a year or two. Last night he took the high bombs well. Wished he did not challenge Mills for the sharks high ball as mills was having a nightmare with it last night.He is not ready for the position yet, but the best of what we have got. I do not know what options Potter has though!!

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7948
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:20 pm

Same team unless Galloway and reddy are back. Galloway for BMM and reddy for Thompson

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Post Reply