ImageImageImage
wtigers

First Grade Live Game Thread vs Warriors Round 19

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:51 pm

On the bright side I though Blair had a blinder

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

everett

Post by everett » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:51 pm

lack of a half back is killing us and has done for some time.

Sirro is not the answer
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:51 pm

stryker wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote: Not really. I saw 16 that contributed more.

Overall I thought we were good but bad hands killed us in the end.
haha did you even watch the game? We werent even close to being good overall. We did a couple of good things but that was the performance of a side that will go close to the spoon.
Oh come on mate, we weren't that bad.

We're simply a team that lacks finesse, lacks cohesion and lacks that finishing touch. We're playing like a bunch of young kids, mostly, chucked together on the field cause that's exactly what we are. You can see that in sirro's poor defensive positioning, not effort, cause i mean he's 19. And you can see that in the drop balls everywhere, coulda sworn i was looking at a replay of my U16 team!

Most teams only have a couple of young guys in there so they might screw up once every 2nd game. No big deal. But we have like 10 so it happens 5 times a game. Big deal.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:52 pm

Would like to see Thompson's metres did a lot of work early on

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:54 pm

Anthism wrote:Would like to see Thompson's metres did a lot of work early on

According to the NRL app (not sure how accurate) he got 78 metres.

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:56 pm

reyre2000 wrote:It fills my heart with warmth to see Benji, Blair and co laughing and carrying on with their opposition bros after just getting their butts handed to them after a shocking display of professional football.

There's more care from a teams players and its results going on every weekend in park footy around this country then what goes on with this million dollars worth of muppets that run out on the field at a national level each week..

disgraceful.

Youve gotta love how these players feel the loss like the fans do.

its actually the most air time benji got then during the whole game. i spotted him actually doing something about 6 times the entire game, 2 of those times were missed conversions. My misses actually asked me if benji was playing. she watched about 30mins of the game and during that time i tried pointing him out to her, suffice to say he got more air time chatting with all his cuz after the whistle had blown then during a large portion of the game that she saw. Good luck in Japanese Rugby Benchy! and good bloody riddance chump.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:58 pm

reyre2000 wrote:
reyre2000 wrote:It fills my heart with warmth to see Benji, Blair and co laughing and carrying on with their opposition bros after just getting their butts handed to them after a shocking display of professional football.

There's more care from a teams players and its results going on every weekend in park footy around this country then what goes on with this million dollars worth of muppets that run out on the field at a national level each week..

disgraceful.

Youve gotta love how these players feel the loss like the fans do.

its actually the most air time benji got then during the whole game. i spotted him actually doing something about 6 times the entire game, 2 of those times were missed conversions. My misses actually asked me if benji was playing. she watched about 30mins of the game and during that time i tried pointing him out to her, suffice to say he got more air time chatting with all his cuz after the whistle had blown then during a large portion of the game that she saw. Good luck in Japanese Rugby Benchy! and good bloody riddance chump.
You seriously after him for saying hello to some mates now? Get a grip...

TJL

Post by TJL » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:02 pm

wtigers wrote: You seriously after him for saying hello to some mates now? Get a grip...
I think it has more to do with the fact that he has been very poor and going through the motions for the best part of two years. Then on top of that is his ego.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:03 pm

I suspect that the grand plan is to run Anasta at 5/8 next season with Brooks at half and Siro in the back row. The only thing stopping that from happening now is the second tier salary cap issue with Brooks and the existence of the still very popular B Marshall.

I see no evidence to suggest that Potter is a good coach. Injuries have masked the fact that the team has no plan in attack. The other thing he has provided is the bomb which has become our favourite attacking weapon, apparently. The team has been stable for the last two weeks in which we have lost games that we could have won. And our defence remains a mess. What we saw last week and this was definitely not a well-coached team or a team with a productive relationship with their coach.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:06 pm

no Mr Tauber, i mean wtigers. im after him cause as usual he did squat all and showed more energy in his fist pumps and handshakes with his mates after the game then he did all night on the field. I reckon guys like you have fallen into love with mediocracy, youve been brain washed into thinking that way after having a team play garbage for 11 seasons out of 14 and 7 out of Benjis 10 season. but its ok, some people are just simple like that.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:09 pm

pHyR3 wrote: Oh come on mate, we weren't that bad.

We're simply a team that lacks finesse, lacks cohesion and lacks that finishing touch. We're playing like a bunch of young kids, mostly, chucked together on the field cause that's exactly what we are. You can see that in sirro's poor defensive positioning, not effort, cause i mean he's 19. And you can see that in the drop balls everywhere, coulda sworn i was looking at a replay of my U16 team!

Most teams only have a couple of young guys in there so they might screw up once every 2nd game. No big deal. But we have like 10 so it happens 5 times a game. Big deal.
I agree. We seem to lack fitness as well. I am not going to hammer the kids too much but simply said that wasnt a good overall performance. This side, with the kids in it have played a lot better. They might have all worked themselves up too much and the occasion got to them all.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:10 pm

reyre2000 wrote:no Mr Tauber, i mean wtigers. im after him cause as usual he did squat all and showed more energy in his fist pumps and handshakes with his mates after the game then he did all night on the field. I reckon guys like you have fallen into love with mediocracy, youve been brain washed into thinking that way after having a team play garbage for 11 seasons out of 14 and 7 out of Benjis 10 season. but its ok, some people are just simple like that.
Don't call me simple. Personal attacks are not called for. I don't think tonight's poor performance was Benji's fault, I thought he did some good things in attack tonight. He has had a poor season this year, not "7/10 crap seasons". He has played with many of these players internationally and at all stars, and he has every right to greet his friends (that live in a different country btw) after a game. Especially if he is trying to find positives for the rest of the year. Think of him as a person and not a robot - he has emotions too.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:11 pm

reyre2000 wrote:no Mr Tauber, i mean wtigers. im after him cause as usual he did squat all and showed more energy in his fist pumps and handshakes with his mates after the game then he did all night on the field. I reckon guys like you have fallen into love with mediocracy, youve been brain washed into thinking that way after having a team play garbage for 11 seasons out of 14 and 7 out of Benjis 10 season. but its ok, some people are just simple like that.
Like a tissue?

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:13 pm

C'mon guys benji was way off the pace. Just like all season. That's life. What a shame his last touch at LO was a knock on. Lets hope he can go out with a bang at CSS.
2nd half from the team was very poor.

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:15 pm

At first I was happy for potter to arrive but as the season has gone on it looks like he has killed the only thing that worked for us which is our attacking flair and spark we once were known for . Lawrence tonight showed how slow he is now with mannering going past him to score with ease . Couldn't believe how many kiwis and warrior fans were there on the hill . It was disgraceful to see Benji and Blair and a few others laughing and smiling after the game ,when I played if we came off the field smiling and carrying on like our coach would have kicked us up the arse for that crap 2nd half .

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:16 pm

stryker wrote:
Like a tissue?

Like some witty come back?

bit off the pace, must be one of those im talking about

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:17 pm

wtigers wrote:
Don't call me simple. Personal attacks are not called for. I don't think tonight's poor performance was Benji's fault, I thought he did some good things in attack tonight. He has had a poor season this year, not "7/10 crap seasons". He has played with many of these players internationally and at all stars, and he has every right to greet his friends (that live in a different country btw) after a game. Especially if he is trying to find positives for the rest of the year. Think of him as a person and not a robot - he has emotions too.

Like a tissue?

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:18 pm

reyre2000 wrote:
wtigers wrote:

Like a tissue?
That doesn't even make sense jfc