First Grade Live Game Thread vs Warriors Round 19

ImageImageImage
User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39552
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread vs Warriors Round 19

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:18 pm

Probably the angriest I have been after a Tigers game this season

We had control of the game and just stupidly threw it away

More like a 2012 performance than 2013 , extremely disappointed with the side as a whole


reyre2000
Member
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri 12 Mar, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: China

Post by reyre2000 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:19 pm

monkey wrote:At first I was happy for potter to arrive but as the season has gone on it looks like he has killed the only thing that worked for us which is our attacking flair and spark we once were known for . Lawrence tonight showed how slow he is now with mannering going past him to score with ease . Couldn't believe how many kiwis and warrior fans were there on the hill . It was disgraceful to see Benji and Blair and a few others laughing and smiling after the game ,when I played if we came off the field smiling and carrying on like our coach would have kicked us up the arse for that crap 2nd half .

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

thanks Monkey. Youve restored my faith in west tigers fans. Finally someone that understands what direction the earth should be spinning.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

monkey
Member
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 5:43 am

Post by monkey » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:21 pm

reyre2000 wrote:
monkey wrote:At first I was happy for potter to arrive but as the season has gone on it looks like he has killed the only thing that worked for us which is our attacking flair and spark we once were known for . Lawrence tonight showed how slow he is now with mannering going past him to score with ease . Couldn't believe how many kiwis and warrior fans were there on the hill . It was disgraceful to see Benji and Blair and a few others laughing and smiling after the game ,when I played if we came off the field smiling and carrying on like our coach would have kicked us up the arse for that crap 2nd half .

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

thanks Monkey. Youve restored my faith in west tigers fans. Finally someone that understands what direction the earth should be spinning.
Are you being serious or taking the piss out of me

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:23 pm

They were playing a a pretty good side and generally they defended well, but as they started to fatigue their defense and attack started to collapse.Than as in years gone by they started to play catch up footy and tried all the miracle plays rather than play the percentages.

Positives---Blair was great and Fulton was amazing

Negatives--Lacked direction and panicked.

Anyway their are still plenty of good signs to be hopeful of a good year in 2014

reyre2000
Member
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri 12 Mar, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: China

Post by reyre2000 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:29 pm

monkey wrote:
reyre2000 wrote:
monkey wrote:At first I was happy for potter to arrive but as the season has gone on it looks like he has killed the only thing that worked for us which is our attacking flair and spark we once were known for . Lawrence tonight showed how slow he is now with mannering going past him to score with ease . Couldn't believe how many kiwis and warrior fans were there on the hill . It was disgraceful to see Benji and Blair and a few others laughing and smiling after the game ,when I played if we came off the field smiling and carrying on like our coach would have kicked us up the arse for that crap 2nd half .

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

thanks Monkey. Youve restored my faith in west tigers fans. Finally someone that understands what direction the earth should be spinning.
Are you being serious or taking the piss out of me

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
as serious as a heart attack mate. Absolute disgrace that guys walk off the field after a loss smiling and carrying on with their mates. Theyve just lost an 80 minute ball game they prepare for each week every week, only not to give a toss about the result. the fans care more about the result then the guys getting paid to do the job. i wanna see my guys pissed off that they lost, i wanna see my guys throwing their hole up after a game cause they busted their guts trying to win a game and they are that exhausted for trying, thats all that should matter. WIN THE BLOODY GAME. full stop.

Same as when i played, our coach would have torn us a new one for how crap we played and thats what youd worry about after the game finished, not smiling and catching up with mates. Thats what your days off are for.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum


galea#11
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by galea#11 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:48 pm

Give benji early holiday . Give anasta a chance he can't do anything on bench he has pride and will have a go .

monkey
Member
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 5:43 am

Post by monkey » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:01 pm

reyre2000 wrote:
monkey wrote:
reyre2000 wrote:
"monkey" wrote:At first I was happy for potter to arrive but as the season has gone on it looks like he has killed the only thing that worked for us which is our attacking flair and spark we once were known for . Lawrence tonight showed how slow he is now with mannering going past him to score with ease . Couldn't believe how many kiwis and warrior fans were there on the hill . It was disgraceful to see Benji and Blair and a few others laughing and smiling after the game ,when I played if we came off the field smiling and carrying on like our coach would have kicked us up the arse for that crap 2nd half .

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

thanks Monkey. Youve restored my faith in west tigers fans. Finally someone that understands what direction the earth should be spinning.
Are you being serious or taking the piss out of me

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
as serious as a heart attack mate. Absolute disgrace that guys walk off the field after a loss smiling and carrying on with their mates. Theyve just lost an 80 minute ball game they prepare for each week every week, only not to give a toss about the result. the fans care more about the result then the guys getting paid to do the job. i wanna see my guys pissed off that they lost, i wanna see my guys throwing their hole up after a game cause they busted their guts trying to win a game and they are that exhausted for trying, thats all that should matter. WIN THE BLOODY GAME. full stop.

Same as when i played, our coach would have torn us a new one for how crap we played and thats what youd worry about after the game finished, not smiling and catching up with mates. Thats what your days off are for.
Exactly pal , I'm not here to sugar coat things I say it how I see it and this year has been garbage . I like young brooks but he won't be able to fix this for a few years

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

rozelle rudy
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by rozelle rudy » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:10 pm

I agree. It was a sad night. The fans were prepared to give Benji a good sendoff but he played poorly and showed why he's worth nowhere near what he wanted . Poor passing and kicking, no running the ball. Goodbye and thanks for the memories. Worse, Farah was bad too, with a rotten cross kick leading directly to a warriors try. Woods was poor too. What a disaster .

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5207
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:27 pm

could of sword on the live television feed you could hear the crowd singing at the end of the game after Marshalls knock on '

NA NA NA NA.
NA NA NA NA

HEYYYYYYYYY.... GOODBYE!

I hate to say it, but after that performance, I almost joined in.


Saddest thing in the game for me was Lawrence being outpaced by Mannering - I could call it shameful, but really it was just disappointing to have all those suspicions validated... he's busted. There was zero excuses there - nada, nothing, none.

Considering Simona ran down Locke to save a try just before - what a contrast.
Image

User avatar
Craegus
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:56 pm
Location: Campbelltown, NSW, Australia

Post by Craegus » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:55 pm

underdog wrote:could of sword on the live television feed you could hear the crowd singing at the end of the game after Marshalls knock on '

NA NA NA NA.
NA NA NA NA

HEYYYYYYYYY.... GOODBYE!
Yup there was, seemed to come from the Warriors supporters or near where they were.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Image

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4879
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:09 am

There was a large group of young pissed ( not that there is anything wrong with that ) Warriors supporters on the hill ,they were also chanting BS all night they seem to be enjoying themselves.

tiger jim
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by tiger jim » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:59 am

The thing that beat us last night was a good halfback named johnson something we don't have ,not blaming sirro when marshall gets tired we have nothing left from the scrum base ,robbie gets the forwards going we need a half.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4879
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:08 am

tiger jim wrote:The thing that beat us last night was a good halfback named johnson something we don't have ,not blaming sirro when marshall gets tired we have nothing left from the scrum base ,robbie gets the forwards going we need a half.
Like for the last 5 seasons makes you wonder what could of been with a top flight half for all those seasons.

Post Reply