Tedesco

ImageImageImage
pHyR3

Re: Tedesco

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

mtd wrote:i agree jas.. i'd prefer him playing nsw cup this year coming back first grade next year..

only guy off contract worth going for is locke.

other person could be barba, but i doubt he'd leave the dogs unless going to QLD.
He hasn't been poor, hasn't been a world beater. Which is pretty expected being 20 years old coming off an ACL tear and some other niggling leg injuries, turf toe and the like

Why drop him? it's not like we've got a tonne a fullbacks to replace him with???
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:48 pm

I think he just needs time... name a player that came back perfect a year after a knee reco. It hasnt been an ideal situation having to play him, everyone knows he could have done with a year down a grade for confidence and recovery, but no-one could have forseen our run of injuries, thus as a top 25 he all but has to be on the park. He is tough and gritty, the speed and attack will come.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:48 pm

pHyR3 wrote:tedesco annoys me so much, EVERY time he returns the ball he's about a finger hold away from an 80m try i swear! It's so annoying that he can't get away, they always get a hand on him at the least and stop him. He needs that extra 5inches of lateral movement which should come with more time coming from the ACL.

He looks a lot better than first few games at FB, confident under the high ball and his lateral movement IS returning. Just hope we can witness a nice breakout game this season as that agility comes back.
I think this sums up the current state of play with Teddy very well. He will be very good next year.

jas83

Post by jas83 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:50 pm

Blake93 wrote:
jas83 wrote:We need another option at fullback!

James Tedesco is not a first grade fullback. At least not at this stage coming off a knee injury. I'm happy for him to play remaining of this season to try help his development and hopefully see something for the future but we need to look at another option in 2014 as he can't be our number one fullback.

What did he do tonight that makes you say this? Blame the guy throwing passes behind everyone and at their feet.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
He is safe most of the time but I don't think he provides anything in attack. He is good under high ball and puts his body on the line but You need more from a fullback in attack. You need a fullback that has ball playing skills and a great support player.

Moh

Post by Moh » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:50 pm

Same old story every week... I keep saying it, give him time. He won't be going anywhere.

If he gets injured though - I'd love to see Simona back there. A back three of Simona, Nofo and Koro would be lethal.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah I agree. He just doesnt threaten the line at all. seems very easy to tackle. I think his positioning needs work as well. He has courage but thats about it I'm afraid.

MagpieBilly78

Post by MagpieBilly78 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:53 pm

I agree, Tedesco is rubbish. His best attribute is taking bombs, but everything else he does is rubbish. The player I reckon is poo poo is Lawrence. What does he do?? Before he dislocated his hip he was great but since, he,is the worst centre in the comp. We need a clean out badly - starting with Reddy, Lawrence, Buchanan, Tuqiri, Utai, Groat, Bell, Iosefa, Anasta, Fulton, Blair, Pettybourne, Ayshford, and definitely MARSHALL - all you do gooders who are sucking up to Marshall, well you saw what he is worth, peanuts with a capital P

travis_bickle

Post by travis_bickle » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:53 pm

Tedesco has had come to first grade with huge wraps. It was always going to be tough for him to live up to unrealistic expectations. He is proof that players who rip it up in the lower grades aren't necessarily going to be able to stroll into first grade and excel.

jas83

Post by jas83 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:55 pm

I didn't say drop him. I said I think we need another option for 2014 as I am not conceived his a first grade fullback. Sure he has promise from his lower grade days but he hasn't proven himself in the NRL yet. I would sign a player with NRL experience, doesn't have to be a world beater.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:57 pm

I dont like him as a fullback either. The kid has talent, but....he really is a bit bland in attack. His positioning isnt very good either. I think first grade is too quick for him at this stage.

I hate how members talk him up as the new Billy Slater. I havent seen anything from him that could be in the least comparable. Makes me pretty nervous for young Brooks. People are calling him the new Johns!

ball main

Post by ball main » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:57 pm

Solid at best. I'm willing to wait 12 months before making judgment on him. He always seems to be injured whenever he gets tackled.
I just hope it's a confidence thing coming back from knee injury

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:59 pm

MagpieBilly78 wrote:I agree, Tedesco is rubbish. His best attribute is taking bombs, but everything else he does is rubbish. The player I reckon is poo poo is Lawrence. What does he do?? Before he dislocated his hip he was great but since, he,is the worst centre in the comp. We need a clean out badly - starting with Reddy, Lawrence, Buchanan, Tuqiri, Utai, Groat, Bell, Iosefa, Anasta, Fulton, Blair, Pettybourne, Ayshford, and definitely MARSHALL - all you do gooders who are sucking up to Marshall, well you saw what he is worth, peanuts with a capital P
Yeah lets sack 14 players...you moron.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:00 pm

This team would kill any fullback-

we never pressure the kicker, meaning all attacking kicks are well aimed,

Worst field position stats of any team,

Worst attacking structure- I cant remember a back line play that put Teddy in space.

No wonder he has an Elastoplast sponsorship!

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:02 pm

Every week it's more 'give him time'.
He plays with heart , and has to , because he always puts himself under pressure because of his poor positional play.
All the tries that were going to come with with his great back up play have failed to materialise.
The kid has been pushed by too many people before before he was ready.
Our best back three are Simona , Nofu and Koro - three real attacking weapons.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like he's wearing roller skates on ice when he runs

Needs something - another offseason and a lot more muscle?

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:04 pm

Knee reco... the off season will do him wonders. 12 months after an op people expect him to be 100%? The kid has the courage necessary, undoubted across the board, but playing in the premier football comp in the world week in week out isnt ideal for rehab by any stretch of the means. He hasnt gone soft, I just doubt it is right considering the rigours of the game. When the squad comes back together a stint in NYC, the pressure off to let him come to grips with it would do him wonders.

MagpieBilly78

Post by MagpieBilly78 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:10 pm

stryker wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote:I agree, Tedesco is rubbish. His best attribute is taking bombs, but everything else he does is rubbish. The player I reckon is poo poo is Lawrence. What does he do?? Before he dislocated his hip he was great but since, he,is the worst centre in the comp. We need a clean out badly - starting with Reddy, Lawrence, Buchanan, Tuqiri, Utai, Groat, Bell, Iosefa, Anasta, Fulton, Blair, Pettybourne, Ayshford, and definitely MARSHALL - all you do gooders who are sucking up to Marshall, well you saw what he is worth, peanuts with a capital P
Yeah lets sack 14 players...you moron.
Yeah big mouth, lets sack 14 players. Marshall, Pettybourne, and Ayshford have left already. Reddy, Utai, Tuqiri, Bell, Groat, and Anasta have spent many months on the sidelines, so realistically, only losing a few. Another so called expert that accepts mediocre players, and hides behind a keyboard. That's why we struggle on the park, because we carry poor players, and never give them the fear of dropping or releasing them. I would rather 14 kids, than these 14 overpaid, underperforming nobodys.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:Looks like he's wearing roller skates on ice when he runs

Needs something - another offseason and a lot more muscle?
I said once before he runs like Groucho Marx - it is an unusual action.
The kid has obviously shown plenty in the lower grades to get the wraps but he just seems to be struggling at present.
His timing in defence is out by just that little bit that means he is always scrambling to make a tackle or get to an attacking kick.
If he's carrying an injury and playing then he is not doing himself any favours.