Good crowd that had shown up

Blakes last game at Leichardt and his 100th

Benjis last game at Leichardt

Individually

Chance for Benji to prove the Tigers and his doubters wrong

Robbie for his SOO disappointment

Woodsy for his SOO treatment by Daley and subsequent criticism

Many blokes still playing for contracts still

Tonight's performance and complete lack of a game plan or sticking to the game plan was inexcusable

Potter needs to read the riot act , we are out of Top 8 contention and we need to start looking at the future and showing more grit , like I said we tried to take the easy way out and attack ourselves to a win and not set up the victory

I can live with getting done by Souths or the Roosters , we just don't match up

Tonight was entirely winnable but we blew it

Do others feel the same , or do I just need to chill out ??

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:48 am

happy tiger wrote:We had so many reasons to show up tonight

Probably our last chance to give ourselves a chance to make the Top 8

Playing at home

Good crowd that had shown up

Blakes last game at Leichardt and his 100th

Benjis last game at Leichardt

Individually

Chance for Benji to prove the Tigers and his doubters wrong

Robbie for his SOO disappointment

Woodsy for his SOO treatment by Daley and subsequent criticism

Many blokes still playing for contracts still

Tonight's performance and complete lack of a game plan or sticking to the game plan was inexcusable

Potter needs to read the riot act , we are out of Top 8 contention and we need to start looking at the future and showing more grit , like I said we tried to take the easy way out and attack ourselves to a win and not set up the victory

I can live with getting done by Souths or the Roosters , we just don't match up

Tonight was entirely winnable but we blew it

Do others feel the same , or do I just need to chill out ??
I think both

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:59 am

Nah man I agree. I changed my tips to take the Tiges for all of the above mentioned reasons. I had a feeling we might blow them off the field to be honest and against a side that was in form that would have been an emotional and satisfying win. We started well with the ball and had them worried, resulting in 2 tries...

...and then the tigers of old emerged. We couldnt hold the ball, passes hit the ground, players over ran the ball carrier, the opposition busted through our line with ease, we kicked poorly, chased said kicks poorly, when players made half breaks no-one backed them up and were kept scoreless in the second half after leading at the break.

Very disappointing for a number of reasons. This side and the coaching staff have a LOT of work to do.

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 1:25 am

Tonight our ball handling was terrible. We made far to many errors which cost us !! i look back and think if we had a better goal kicker we had a chance at the end !!

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 2:43 am

That's been the story of the wests tigers so many times over the years. Everything to play for, a very winnable match and they put in a miserable performance. I'm surprised there haven't been any threads before this one making this exact point. I suspect people haven't said more because they are too disappointed or so fed up they don't care now the season has totally fallen apart.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:23 am

Tbone wrote:That's been the story of the wests tigers so many times over the years. Everything to play for, a very winnable match and they put in a miserable performance. I'm surprised there haven't been any threads before this one making this exact point. I suspect people haven't said more because they are too disappointed or so fed up they don't care now the season has totally fallen apart.
Bingo.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:47 am

Well we have put pressure on ourselves by requiring a win tonight to keep the season alive. And then we put pressure on ourselves with poor completions and too many errors.

I can say that tonight was a Tigers of old performance. There was little grit and it was all flashy. Some of it came off and most of it didn't.

The Warriors ran harder, tackled tougher and wanted it more. Well done to them.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 7:14 am

The Warriors were just too strong, too classy, too big, too fast and too disciplined.....an unusual compliment to them. I was really impressed with them. They controlled the tempo of the game all night,

Our blokes had a decent go, I thought....the future for us was on show and it looked pretty good. The reasons for letting Ayshford and Marshall go were also there for all of us to see.

If the mindset of Potter and co is that 2013 is gone, I would put Marshall and Ayshford in NSW Cup from next week. Neither deserve to be in the top squad on their form of last night or the year to date.

All up though, I am feeling ok about last night, despite the result.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 7:17 am

This type of performance justifies the need for drastic change at the club. It won't happen overnight but it will happen.I got to say I was impressed how Blair started the game.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:22 am

I think its time our game plan was changed . Im over the turn the ball back inside to tire the defence .All it seems to do is tire us when we have to tackle ..And im truly over the coaches love affair with bodene Thompson ,he was knackered after 15 but he continues to play him out wide with little impact .Sirro has to moved to the backrow ,he is just playing a catch and pass role in the number 7and is another who has had no impact .im glad aysh is off to the tiger sharks because we need a centre who can give good clean fast ball to our amazing wingers .last night early ball would have killed the warriors .the difference last night was their halves were way too classy for our halves .

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:38 am

I am doing a Benji.

I have stopped caring about the games anymore. If we win it's nice, if not meh.

I still go to the games and will renew my Season Ticket and hope it improves next year though

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:44 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:I think its time our game plan was changed . Im over the turn the ball back inside to tire the defence .All it seems to do is tire us when we have to tackle ..And im truly over the coaches love affair with bodene Thompson ,he was knackered after 15 but he continues to play him out wide with little impact .Sirro has to moved to the backrow ,he is just playing a catch and pass role in the number 7and is another who has had no impact .im glad aysh is off to the tiger sharks because we need a centre who can give good clean fast ball to our amazing wingers .last night early ball would have killed the warriors .the difference last night was their halves were way too classy for our halves .
This type of structure is very easy to play against the opposition only has to worry about 1 play in the set ..it,s a bit brain dead IMO.
I can understand it in your own half but this seems to be the norm...last night I reckon on 10 times there were overlaps that could of been exposed,it seems that all grades are playing to the same tune as the boys were doing the exact same thing ,playing a larger team and going up the middle with overlaps all over the place.i was very disappointed with the attitude of the players in the second half were on top and seemed to be none motivated this concerns me re Coach Potter hope this doesn't become the state of play.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:59 am

We played Rubbish.
So many errors, dropped balls. We looked like a 15 or 16th placed team last night.

Absolute garbage display of footy especially in the 2nd half.

tiger tragic

Post by tiger tragic » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:04 am

I have been and angry and disappointed about a few games this year last nights game and the 2 Broncos games to name a few.
It's obvious this whole saga has affected everyone this year the fans as well as the players.
Hardly anyone has even posted about the game last night everyone is over it.
What a waste of a year and now we have to wait til march next year to get excited about footy again. Very disappointing!!!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:38 am

We were simply terrible. We just didn't show up excluding a couple of players who put in.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:41 am

smeghead wrote:I am doing a Benji.

I still go to the games and will renew my Season Ticket and hope it improves next year though
It's times like these when I wish the forum had a 'Like' button. I'm going to try this too Smeg...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 11:06 am

smeghead wrote:I am doing a Benji.

Me too.
This season is over for me, and I could see by the first set we had the ball on our 20 and we pushed an unnecesary pass...we are not working towards anything - it will be an eight week, hit and giggle farewell to benji with each week being benjis last *****

Last @ LO last nite
Last @ Cambo next week
Last v GC
Last on a Sat nite
Last in the white jumper
Last at Allianz
Last game in rd 23
Last blah blah
Last pass to row C
Last 10m touch finder

....it will be lots of laughs Im sure, as others have mentioned elsewhere you CANNOT switch off the instant the full time hooter goes and be laughing and joking with the opposition, if you are switched on for the 80 minute....you can only do that if it means little before hand.

We saw that last night.

I'd love to see Potter start working towards next year from now....but the Benji roadshow must roll on....while that happens, 2014 is on hold.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:24 pm

You forgot 'and we come last' at the end of the season