Cheer up Wests Tigers fans: the silvertails are coming

ImageImageImage

Cheer up Wests Tigers fans: the silvertails are coming

Post by Guest » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:27 pm

tigergirlz wrote:And how can the Wests Tigers ignite general public passion for a Monday night game involving a 15th place team?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
So there's a difference between igniting the publics interest for a Friday might game involving a team coming 13th as compared to the above.
It shouldn't matter, the club should be pushing the game regardless. I'm sure Parramatta haven't stopped trying to get there fans thru their gates.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:29 pm

tigergirlz wrote:And how can the Wests Tigers ignite general public passion for a Monday night game involving a 15th place team?

And people wonder why the crowds are low. Attitudes like this. You know we have a marketing department right? whose job it is to promote? Its Benji's last game at Cambo. talk up the fibro-silvertail rivalry. Ammunition is there. Its what they are payed to do, to advertize.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:32 pm

I'll check to see how the Eels advertising is going???? Benji's departure is yesterday's news in the eyes if the general public. The club are welcome to push the 'last game at...' Issue, but I'm not sure it will make a lot of difference in terms of crowd numbers

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

And people wonder why the crowds are low. Attitudes like this. You know we have a marketing department right? whose job it is to promote? Its Benji's last game at Cambo. talk up the fibro-silvertail rivalry. Ammunition is there. Its what they are payed to do, to advertize.
I generally stay out of all the Wests Balmain stuff, but its pretty hard to disagree with the point you are making GNR. I think the press can be excused for the LO spiritual home stuff; but for the most part the press are lazy and just follow press releases and this is where you have a good point - where is the Weststigers marketing department on this?

mtd

Post by mtd » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:41 pm

benji is walking on a 2 year contract.
im sorry if its harsh but we shouldn't be celebrating him for sooking and leaving early.

JasTIGERS

Post by JasTIGERS » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 9:49 pm

mtd wrote:benji is walking on a 2 year contract.
im sorry if its harsh but we shouldn't be celebrating him for sooking and leaving early.
Haven't you seen his video yet.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Wed 24 Jul, 2013 10:12 pm

What video?

Post by Guest » Thu 25 Jul, 2013 11:23 pm

innsaneink wrote:Can we remove most of the lights & hose the dressing sheds, turn off the hot water too

I guess it being a MNF game they dont wanna push it too early.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 26 Jul, 2013 7:40 am

I think you're overreacting gunner. Its our skippers 200th club game and Liam Fulton's 150th. They're the players who should be holding the spotlight this week. Not Benji. And I believe that's what the club is doing by not making it all about Benji this week.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Fri 26 Jul, 2013 10:46 am

Fraze23 wrote:I think you're overreacting gunner. Its our skippers 200th club game and Liam Fulton's 150th. They're the players who should be holding the spotlight this week. Not Benji. And I believe that's what the club is doing by not making it all about Benji this week.
This was the point I was going to make. No point focusing on Marshall since is the way who wants to leave. It's a celebration of Robbie's 200th and Liam's 150th match, this is what Wests Tigers are marketing and rightly so is the focus of the fixture.

Some of this bias, split talk STILL between balmain and wests is really tiresome. But sadly, as we are a joint venture, the "old school" fans won't let it go.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 26 Jul, 2013 10:54 am

Fraze23 wrote:I think you're overreacting gunner. Its our skippers 200th club game and Liam Fulton's 150th. They're the players who should be holding the spotlight this week. Not Benji. And I believe that's what the club is doing by not making it all about Benji this week.
Well since i started this thread, they have been advertizing the Fibro-Silvertail thing. Even put up a cool little video on the website. All is good now,

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 26 Jul, 2013 4:14 pm

azsportza wrote:
This was the point I was going to make. No point focusing on Marshall since is the way who wants to leave. It's a celebration of Robbie's 200th and Liam's 150th match, this is what Wests Tigers are marketing and rightly so is the focus of the fixture.

Some of this bias, split talk STILL between balmain and wests is really tiresome. But sadly, as we are a joint venture, the "old school" fans won't let it go.
You hypocrite

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18581&p=434200#p434200

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 27 Jul, 2013 7:56 am

as long as the silvertails, leave Campbelltown, bruised battered and bleeding, I will be satisfied.

wests-tigers, you know what's good for their complexion?

the surface dirt of Campbelltown, so don't be scared to rub their face in it.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D