Did we really play that bad?

ImageImageImage
Irvine

Re: Did we really play that bad?

Post by Irvine » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 1:10 pm

larrycorowa wrote:Gary, for the life of me, couldn't understand when we got it back to 28-18 we reverted to trick plays with Farah being the no. 1 culprit. We were tearing Manly apart down the middle and the next thing, Farah was running down narrow blind sides and trying chip kicks. Didn't help that Anasta was veering across field every-time he had the ball.

Obviously we were creating space on the left, but only because we were making metres up the middle. As soon as we forgot about this we played into Manly's hands.

Ashyford needs to be dropped and Anasta should be told to retire (front office role). BMM needs to play more minutes. Marshall needs to be told not to kick with Farah responsible for all 5th tackle plays.

Let's face it they were like chooks with no heads for most of the game. Can't understand why you would want to break the 6/7 combo unless it was to prove a point to Anasta. Whatever the case, that's not the way to handle things. If Potter was not happy with Anasta'a comments send him to NSW cup to prove he was up to being a NRL #7, don't penalise the side to prove a point.

What a disaster of a season.
Farah and his bloody kicks I wish he would just play as a hooker. Then again when coming back in the second half he gets himself pushed into touch. The senior players you will find had the most errors Farah Galloway Blair Lawrence Anasta Marshall and Asyhford

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 2:51 pm

Irvine wrote:Farah and his bloody kicks I wish he would just play as a hooker. Then again when coming back in the second half he gets himself pushed into touch. The senior players you will find had the most errors Farah Galloway Blair Lawrence Anasta Marshall and Asyhford
I am not going to crucify Lawrence & Galloway or Blair. I thought they were all good. Farah and Marshall were average. Anasta was terrible and Asyhford was in-between Anasta's ineptness and Farah and Marshall's average play.

I think we were right in that game if Anasta wasn't out there.