Did we really play that bad?

ImageImageImage
Marshall_magic

Did we really play that bad?

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 8:57 pm

Despite the scoreline was it really that bad a performance tonight? They got two tries directly from Anasta mistakes (one after Benji bombed a certain try) and another flukey try when Taufua spilled a bomb backwards. For the most part though I think we played well (apart from a few individuals), and certainly could have won that game.

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:03 pm

What does it matter, mate? We lost a must-win game, at home, by 18 points. No use trying to sugar coat that.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:03 pm

No the Tigers didn't. Anasta and Marshall did though. The rest of the team were quite good. Tedesco and Lawrence had meh games but weren't as bad as most are making out but our halves were shocking even in the context of both of them basically sucking for years now anyway.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:04 pm

Nofo try was spectacular but too many amateurish mistakes cost us against a professional outfit.
We would be very competitive in reserve grade.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:04 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:Despite the scoreline was it really that bad a performance tonight? They got two tries directly from Anasta mistakes (one after Benji bombed a certain try) and another flukey try when Taufua spilled a bomb backwards. For the most part though I think we played well (apart from a few individuals), and certainly could have won that game.
We are good in attack, and up to first grade standard in defence. Our problem is that we create so many chances in attack, only to constantly bomb them with poor handling and terrible fifth tackle options. We just hand the ball back every time, and it kills us. No pressure created whatsoever.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:06 pm

Stripes96 wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:Despite the scoreline was it really that bad a performance tonight? They got two tries directly from Anasta mistakes (one after Benji bombed a certain try) and another flukey try when Taufua spilled a bomb backwards. For the most part though I think we played well (apart from a few individuals), and certainly could have won that game.
We are good in attack, and up to first grade standard in defence. Our problem is that we create so many chances in attack, only to constantly bomb them with poor handling and terrible fifth tackle options. We just hand the ball back every time, and it kills us. No pressure created whatsoever.

Are we good in attack though? That many repeat sets of 6 should mean try time but it never does for us. We can work out way to their goal line and then we have absolutely nothing

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:08 pm

Stripes96 wrote:

Wtf we are horrendous in attack.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:11 pm

I have never seen the team drop the ball, in great dry weather conditions, as much as they have this season. Hell, they handle the ball far better in the pouring rain!
Last edited by Flippedy on Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:11 pm

Yes, we were that bad.

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Long time visitor, first time poster

I agree with the OP, I believe if those passes reach their destinations correctly, we would of score a couple of tries.
Anasta and Benji where just flustered trying to push the pass etc.

But I' am very hopeful for the future.

When Siro came on WOW. Bring on 2014 :sign:

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:12 pm

We were ok by our standards...by NRL's top teams standards though, we are a very, very ordinary side. Poor ball handling, poor defence in patches, silly penalties, no structure in attack, very few offloads, get beaten in the air a lot, dont chase kicks, dont back up in attack, scramble defence is sub par, no real punch in the forwards, very rarely get a repeat set, poor at converting field position, very little aggression, coach cant use the bench....we deserve our position on the ladder.
Last edited by stryker on Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:13 pm

I thought we were right in that game. Anasta and Benji simply aren't the players they once were and Robbie wasn't good out there either.

Sirro looks like he could be anything though - he has a good passing game and can belt it up as well.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:14 pm

We look like a team that lacks cohesion. No real structure in attack

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:20 pm

Very surprising just got back for watching the game at the pub and everyone including many who don't support the tigers thought we played well. We had 2 tries ruled no tries that could have been ( not saying they were but could well have been). Manly scored 2 tries long range one of which we could have scored if the pass went to hand. We were playing the team coming third at full strength without our number 1 front rower with a new halves combo. We made a few too many mistakes but we were right in it. Thought we played well and plenty of promising signs for next year and beyond

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:21 pm

Some individuals were bad ..was impressed with quite a few overall pretty dismal seen some good signs but many are waiting for seasons end.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:31 pm

Agreed. A lot of doom and gloom on here when we lose! We all know this is a rebuild of the team and to run with Manly for the whole game is a positive in my eyes! Swap Anasta & Marshall with 2 quality players in them positions and we win that one! Things are looking bright next year me thinks!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:33 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Agreed. A lot of doom and gloom on here when we lose! We all know this is a rebuild of the team and to run with Manly for the whole game is a positive in my eyes! Swap Anasta & Marshall with 2 quality players in them positions and we win that one! Things are looking bright next year me thinks!
100 percent agree really feeling positive about next year

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:44 pm

Just too many fundamental errors tonight. Passes hitting the ground, incorrect play the balls. Just dumb mistakes killed us. We had momentum a few times and then just killed ourselves.