Judgement time for Mr Potter..

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

Judgement time for Mr Potter..

Post by Tiger_heart » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:02 pm

Braith Anasta - why?
Sironen late off the bench - why?
Ayshford in the side - why?

Willing to give the benefit of the doubt but I am starting to wonder about this bloke...

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:06 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Braith Anasta - why?

Willing to give the benefit of the doubt but I am starting to wonder about this bloke...
I thought it was a good call to play Anasta but it backfired badly.
Benji cost us badly too.
We don't live by the sword anymore. We just die by it. It's pathetic.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:08 pm

not much to work with a 5/8 who wants out a half old and way past his prime and a centre who also on the way out. give the guy half way through next season before we make a call.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:08 pm

The next selected team will be interesting there were a few that should be in reserve grade for the remaining 5 games , if he is serious about 2014 the move has to be made next week.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:09 pm

I didn't think Benji was THAT bad. I mean he sure didn't play well but at least he was constructive enough to get us that first try and I could see him making serious genuine efforts in defense the whole night, where other players just jogged along behind.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:14 pm

These were the really poor calls weren't they. If Sirro played instead of Anasta and Ayshford was replaced with someone who put in who knows how that game turns out.

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:15 pm

wtigers wrote:I didn't think Benji was THAT bad. I mean he sure didn't play well but at least he was constructive enough to get us that first try and I could see him making serious genuine efforts in defense the whole night, where other players just jogged along behind.

I disagree his choices in attack where ridiculous, I think Benji mind is on his next contract, once that is done and dusted I got a feeling he will come out firing.

But too little too late.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:19 pm

Anasta probably played the worst game ever, he needs to spend some time in NSW cup.
If salary limits allow, promote Rudolph and Brooks immediately.

Hasta la vista Lawrence, and thanks for the memories.

My 1-7 for the rest of the season:

Tedesco
Naiyaravaro/McGrath
Nofoaluma
Simona
Koroibete
Rudolph
Brooks

Go Tigers

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:23 pm

How can u try and win with all the drop ball and stupid mistakes . U can't coach that crap

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:25 pm

I agreed with the Anasta decision , result wasn't what we were looking for but idea was right. Sironen late off the bench also made sense as it was his first game in the forwards he was never going to play big minutes. As for Ayshford of course he was in the side I didn't see a single person on here saying he shouldn't have been.

Potter is setting us up for an improved year next year and tonight was ok , we were unlucky not outclassed

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:26 pm

Under Potter, we have shown more glimpses of hope than under Sheens. We are building for the future.

Sack Potter now, and we'll turn into Parramatta.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:29 pm

Stripes96 wrote:Under Potter, we have shown more glimpses of hope than under Sheens. We are building for the future.

Hi, I only recently turned into a devoted tigers player. Like I went to games and watched them before but never followed anything more than the game I was watching. Can someone explain to me why Sheens was terrible because I feel I've missed it. He gave us a premiership, two finals appearances in 10-11 off the back of strong seasons and kept confidence in Benji so that he could have incredible seasons from 05-12. Is there something I've failed to see here or...?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:37 pm

Anasta - signed by Sheens
Siro - Only young, will benefit in the long run
Ayshford - Who do you suggest to replace him, Lote? Utai?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:42 pm

Just heard Potter on MMM and he said Sironen is carrying an injury and they have to limit his minutes. So that explains the move.

Siro is better in the backrow anyway, he was good off the bench. Anasta was truly awful though.

Ayshford should be dropped now. He is just not interested and hasn't been for a while. Just a very ordinary player.

Stripes96

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:43 pm

wtigers wrote:
Stripes96 wrote:Under Potter, we have shown more glimpses of hope than under Sheens. We are building for the future.

Hi, I only recently turned into a devoted tigers player. Like I went to games and watched them before but never followed anything more than the game I was watching. Can someone explain to me why Sheens was terrible because I feel I've missed it. He gave us a premiership, two finals appearances in 10-11 off the back of strong seasons and kept confidence in Benji so that he could have incredible seasons from 05-12. Is there something I've failed to see here or...?

Yes, you're right. He gave us '05, and '10-'11, and I'll be grateful for those forever, but he coached us from '03 to '12, and if my maths is any good, that's seven years without making the finals. Not a good record. Worse than that, it seemed like the team didn't care in 2012. Three from ten is not great, no matter which way you look at it.

Hope I answered your question mate.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

Stripes96 wrote:
wtigers wrote:
"Stripes96" wrote:Under Potter, we have shown more glimpses of hope than under Sheens. We are building for the future.

Yes, you're right. He gave us '05, and '10-'11, and I'll be grateful for those forever, but he coached us from '03 to '12, and if my maths is any good, that's seven years without making the finals. Not a good record. Worse than that, it seemed like the team didn't care in 2012. Three from ten is not great, no matter which way you look at it.

Yeah thanks you have. Just keep wondering what he would've done with this season. I mean our players seemed more interested last season even and were defending better. I just can't understand the hatred of him and the love/willingness to stand up for Potter on this site. Sheens was doing better with a similar roster last year and is getting hate for it, potter is doing terribly with this squad (not entirely his fault) but has people standing up for him unconditionally? The people on this forum are so confusing sometimes...

Stripes96

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:51 pm

wtigers wrote:
Stripes96 wrote:
"wtigers" wrote:
"Stripes96" wrote:Under Potter, we have shown more glimpses of hope than under Sheens. We are building for the future.

Yeah thanks you have. Just keep wondering what he would've done with this season. I mean our players seemed more interested last season even and were defending better. I just can't understand the hatred of him and the love/willingness to stand up for Potter on this site. Sheens was doing better with a similar roster last year and is getting hate for it, potter is doing terribly with this squad (not entirely his fault) but has people standing up for him unconditionally? The people on this forum are so confusing sometimes...

I think the reason people are standing up for Potter is that he was signed as a last minute thing, meaning he's been stuck with Sheens' squad all year. We can't really judge him without letting him build his own squad. Sheens built his for ten years and came up with three from ten. That's the difference I think. If we're still struggling come this time next year, I think we'll be hearing different calls on Potter.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 9:52 pm

Stripes96 wrote:
wtigers wrote:
"Stripes96" wrote:
"wtigers" wrote: Hi, I only recently turned into a devoted tigers player. Like I went to games and watched them before but never followed anything more than the game I was watching. Can someone explain to me why Sheens was terrible because I feel I've missed it. He gave us a premiership, two finals appearances in 10-11 off the back of strong seasons and kept confidence in Benji so that he could have incredible seasons from 05-12. Is there something I've failed to see here or...?

I think the reason people are standing up for Potter is that he was signed as a last minute thing, meaning he's been stuck with Sheens' squad all year. We can't really judge him without letting him build his own squad. Sheens built his for ten years and came up with three from ten. That's the difference I think. If we're still struggling come this time next year, I think we'll be hearing different calls on Potter.

Thank you you've legitimately been very helpful. I expected stupid comments about how Sheens was stupid and a terrible coach but that was a legitimately good answer. Thanks again :)