Cherry-Evans try

ImageImageImage
Yossarian

Cherry-Evans try

Post by Yossarian » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 10:49 pm

For me the more disappointing parts of the night. Opposition halfback darts over near the sideline from 10m out and then is allowed to stroll over under posts untouched. Losing is one thing but that stuff shouldn't happen.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 10:55 pm

I know you're supposed to practice to win but the game was over, the season is over so points differential doesn't matter. It's pretty inconsequential.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:00 pm

It's about the attitude mate. If you're out there playing NRL there has to be some acceptable level of standard. By that logic why bother putting your body on the line in defence? Why bother chasing down linebreaks? I don't think you can just say it doesn't matter...

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:13 pm

Soft soft soft.what hurt more is there is no way our halves can dish that out!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:19 pm

Yossarian wrote:It's about the attitude mate. If you're out there playing NRL there has to be some acceptable level of standard. By that logic why bother putting your body on the line in defence? Why bother chasing down linebreaks? I don't think you can just say it doesn't matter...
But by any measure of logic it doesn't. I did notice it and chuckled at the lack of effort and would like for Potter to reprimand him for it, I would, just that it literally doesn't matter lol.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Mon 29 Jul, 2013 11:21 pm

Anasta missed his man, simple as that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

spearby

Post by spearby » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 8:12 am

tigertye wrote:Anasta missed his man, simple as that.

he didn't miss him he was a traffic cop showing him the way to the line :bash

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:12 pm

Anasta stuffed it, class players make you second guess yourself and make you look stupid, DCE does that to players on a regular basis, kid can play.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:20 pm

You need to be pointing the finger at Rowdy on this one , as usual comes out of the line and smashes fresh air

willow

Post by willow » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:You need to be pointing the finger at Rowdy on this one , as usual comes out of the line and smashes fresh air
Did he ever. He started off well enough in defence, but he faded in the second half. Going by the photo he posted on twitter last week after the Warriors game, there is no way his right foot is healthy, it deadset looked mutated, which begs the question, if it is affecting his speed and mobility, sideline him so he can let it heal/get operated on. He's pretty much been a liability all year.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:39 pm

Lawrence moved ahead of Anasta, but Braith was lazy, slow and on his heels.

I suppose you could suggest Lawrence didnt talk to or look at what Anasta was doing, but as a centre who has lost speed, you can't blame touch him for wanting to move up on his man.

One of WT big issues is a slow and crooked defensive line, caused by lack of mongrel and no control over the ruck.

alex

Post by alex » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:48 pm

willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:You need to be pointing the finger at Rowdy on this one , as usual comes out of the line and smashes fresh air
Did he ever. He started off well enough in defence, but he faded in the second half. Going by the photo he posted on twitter last week after the Warriors game, there is no way his right foot is healthy, it deadset looked mutated, which begs the question, if it is affecting his speed and mobility, sideline him so he can let it heal/get operated on. He's pretty much been a liability all year.
He let Brett Stewart float past in the first half too. We had the chance to pin them down in their own 20 with many Manly players still getting back and he just strolled past Lawrence. It was lame

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:59 pm

lol The game was over...Who cares !

Bigger issues than letting a try in on close to fulltime when the game is over to worry about.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 1:11 pm

Irvine wrote:lol The game was over...Who cares !

Bigger issues than letting a try in on close to fulltime when the game is over to worry about.
You say that mate but attitude comes down to doing the little things right all the time. If you're happy for blokes to give it up because the game is over, fine. Personally I want my team to keep putting in to the end.

Besides as I said above, it's not about the points and sure it didn't effect the result but it should be second nature to do that. Would you be okay if nobody chased down a line break or if someone just lets a forward score near full time because it doesn't matter?

You can't expect things to change if nobody gives a stuff about the smaller things.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 1:13 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Yossarian wrote:It's about the attitude mate. If you're out there playing NRL there has to be some acceptable level of standard. By that logic why bother putting your body on the line in defence? Why bother chasing down linebreaks? I don't think you can just say it doesn't matter...
But by any measure of logic it doesn't. I did notice it and chuckled at the lack of effort and would like for Potter to reprimand him for it, I would, just that it literally doesn't matter lol.
You're taking a very literal definition when you say it doesn't matter. Sure it doesn't matter in terms of the game but it matters at another level - being a professional and playing 80 minutes. It's easy to write it off but the top line players don't give it up or stop playing because the game is lost.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 1:19 pm

Yossarian wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
You're taking a very literal definition when you say it doesn't matter. Sure it doesn't matter in terms of the game but it matters at another level - being a professional and playing 80 minutes. It's easy to write it off but the top line players don't give it up or stop playing because the game is lost.
Professional is finding touch from a penalty...playing the ball properly..not running out...following the coaches instructions...not coming in Defence sliding with the ball...passing the ball to someones chest not the ground...kicking a bomb that land on the goaline not in row Z. that's professional. if you can't get those thing right how do you expect the team to play like an origin team and compete on every play. Not going to happen.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 9:07 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Feel the same Macdougall....I noticed it straight away too....and usually Id be on here screaming about the lack of effort too....but I dunno, like the players I just felt - meh :|

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 12:41 am

It's 13 on 13. Simona took Williams, Lawrence took Lyon, Anasta took no one.