Mick Potter - That was horrible

ImageImageImage
Knuckles

Re: Mick Potter - That was horrible

Post by Knuckles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:27 pm

Potter won't last ..... It's a disgrace what's going on at our club right now.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:28 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Swordy wrote:What makes you think Potter will be there to sack?

It would not surprise me in the least if he told the board and players to shove the whole thing up their a@@@ after yet another pathetic showing with no heart.

Is anyone in control of this sh@@ house club? Does anyone give a rats about the fans and the sponsors?

I'm so glad I did not renew my membership this year. This mob of tools, with very few exceptions, does not deserve one cent of my money.

If someone does not change this soon and show some heart, I will seriously consider throwing my love and history of support for this club into the filing cabinet and do something else on the weekends!
Wow... You say show some heart and brag that dropping your membership was the right thing to do. Fella... Yeah everyone else should show heart but you save you cents...
Over many, many years of having a membership, I think I am entitled to vote with my feet if I don't like the direction of the club.

And that will be no different next season. If i see a club with an off season plan, some respect for fans and members, I will happily renew again. But not at the moment.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:34 pm

Newtown wrote:
Mccarry wrote:

It would not surprise me in the least if he told the board and players to shove the whole thing up their a@@@ after yet another pathetic showing with no heart.

Is anyone in control of this sh@@ house club? Does anyone give a rats about the fans and the sponsors?

I'm so glad I did not renew my membership this year. This mob of tools, with very few exceptions, does not deserve one cent of my money.

If someone does not change this soon and show some heart, I will seriously consider throwing my love and history of support for this club into the filing cabinet and do something else on the weekends!
Wow... You say show some heart and brag that dropping your membership was the right thing to do. Fella... Yeah everyone else should show heart but you save you cents...
Let's be honest fans like Swordy do not want to pay any of their hard earned money to pay for people like Sheens and a quite a few other current freeloaders who have inherited a gold mine called Wests Tigers. There is no future for fans under this situation..
I get that money is hard earned. I also get your frustration. I differ in my decision of what to do. I upgraded my membership this year. The club needs all the help it can get.

My faith has been repaid by some excellent changes. Our website is number one in the league. Our juniors are as strong as anyone's and look to be building momentum. Grant Mayer is showing real leadership. Yes we need more changes. They will come.

I implore you all to think through giving up on the Tiges. Once we do that there is no coming back. We should support them wherever we can - ESPECIALLY in the tough times.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:36 pm

I watched the game and the first person i blamed was the Coach

At least with Sheens our Defence was s*** but we could out tries on but now with Potter we have lost that too..

Parra cant beat no one but they sure will beat us all thanks to MP. Too soft
Players have returned from injuries, whats our excuse for failure now ???
FFS

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:42 pm

smeghead wrote:
Demonborger wrote:Who can we pick to replace them? 2nd tier cap been full gives us few options - Thompson to center, Pettybourne back into NRL side? Bring in an injured Woods and Bell?

The fine is more palpable then the shame those guys are bringing to the Wests Tigers jerseys

Do we have the cash to do so, and are we already too far over the cap to risk a massive fine? Obviously loss of points is not an issue.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:42 pm

Anybody who expected Potter to be the next Jesus and perform a miracle is kidding themselves.

He has inherited a team with pretenders who Sheens babied to the point of losing their ability to play anymore. Add to that the injury toll and resultant disruption from people being moved on and it is no wonder that the team is competing badly.

The following players have improved under his tenure...Blair, Buchanan,Woods,Ava, Sue, Simona,Nofo,Siro, Teddy,BMM,Fulton and yes even Farah, unfortunately some others in key positions have gone backwards as we all know !

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:46 pm

Mccarry wrote:
I get that money is hard earned. I also get your frustration. I differ in my decision of what to do. I upgraded my membership this year. The club needs all the help it can get.

My faith has been repaid by some excellent changes. Our website is number one in the league. Our juniors are as strong as anyone's and look to be building momentum. Grant Mayer is showing real leadership. Yes we need more changes. They will come.

I implore you all to think through giving up on the Tiges. Once we do that there is no coming back. We should support them wherever we can - ESPECIALLY in the tough times.
I love where you are coming from Mccarry!! The club needs our support when the chips are down, and those that turn their backs in the hard times will be the ones that will kick up a stink when the club is disbanded or relocated.

After watching today, I cannot help but think that some of the players that are leaving are sabotaging the club. I know it is a aggressive word do use but I cannot believe that the experienced backs are this bad! I think there are players there that are not trying in order to undermine the coach.

What Potter has done with BMM and Sue shows that he can fix this, if trusted to do so.

And those under-performing players cannot be dropped because of red tape.....the entire system needs an overhaul!

pacey

Post by pacey » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:46 pm

Tigrr wrote:Anybody who expected Potter to be the next Jesus and perform a miracle is kidding themselves.

He has inherited a team with pretenders who Sheens babied to the point of losing their ability to play anymore. Add to that the injury toll and resultant disruption from people being moved on and it is no wonder that the team is competing badly.

The following players have improved under his tenure...Blair, Buchanan,Woods,Ava, Sue, Simona,Nofo,Siro, Teddy,BMM,Fulton and yes even Farah, unfortunately some others in key positions have gone backwards as we all know !
Couldnt have said it better.
Des Hasler in his first year of coaching Manly came 13th (Only 15 teams back then).
Improving takes time.. He needs at least another year

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:58 pm

Anthism wrote:Other than Brooks who do you replace anyone with? NO ONE else will step up from NSW Cup/NYC and do a good job in any of the positions we need at this stage.
It's pretty clearly an attitude problem and you'd think Potter has to win on Friday minimum +/- another game to have any hope of surviving for next year.
Players from NSW Cup/NYC would step up and do a good job in these positions because they would have two important ingredients, passion and attitude. Potter has created this problem within the team because he keeps selecting players he and everyone knows do not have the attitude to be anywhere near a football stadium. A team ceases to be a team when players who try are surrounded by non-triers.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:04 pm

Tigrr wrote:Anybody who expected Potter to be the next Jesus and perform a miracle is kidding themselves.

It is so silly to keep blaming Sheens. At least Sheens had some skill and could teach it. Potter has very little skill let alone a willingness to make decisions. Today's team looked a team that had never been coached.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:06 pm

What a disgraceful team!! The players have no pride, thus earn no respect from members and losing fans. If Potter tolerates such a team, he is with them and be shame along with his players.
The team played with no structure and no plan moves. They don't defend and let in easy tries. Each and eveyone of them will be remembered for the game they played today.At least Parra made the hard decisions, if a player does not performed he is not ntitled to be in the team.
The players are just going through the motion, like they are prastising. Get rid of the rotten apples or you will go down with them Potter, dragged through the mud with hem too.At least shyow you won't tolerate such nonsense.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:09 pm

I am leaning more to the sabotage theory by soon to be ex players as I think they are trying to send a message about the coach similar to what happened in the final rounds last year

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:09 pm

Deadset heartless effort from half the team.

The ones that are leaving or have been told to look are not taking it well. Disgrace!

What coach could have broke up this little boys club?

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:09 pm

I am leaning more to the sabotage theory by soon to be ex players as I think they are trying to send a message about the coach similar to what happened in the final rounds last year

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:10 pm

Newtown wrote:

It is so silly to keep blaming Sheens. At least Sheens had some skill and could teach it. Potter has very little skill let alone a willingness to make decisions. Today's team looked a team that had never been coached.
The ownness is on the players as much as the coach. We are talking about first grade, they don't need to have their hands held. Attitude is wrong. Marshall and Ayshford obviously don't want to be there.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:11 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Newtown wrote:
Mccarry wrote:

Let's be honest fans like Swordy do not want to pay any of their hard earned money to pay for people like Sheens and a quite a few other current freeloaders who have inherited a gold mine called Wests Tigers. There is no future for fans under this situation..

Well said McGarry!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:13 pm

There is a likelihood that today's match will be investigated.
Last edited by Newtown on Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:13 pm

I dont think you can include Fulton and Farah in that list, but I agree the ledger shows more going forward that backward.