Mick Potter - That was horrible

ImageImageImage
Oxygen

Re: Mick Potter - That was horrible

Post by Oxygen » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:15 pm

laufoofan wrote:What a disgraceful team!! The players have no pride, thus earn no respect from members and losing fans. If Potter tolerates such a team, he is with them and be shame along with his players.
The team played with no structure and no plan moves. They don't defend and let in easy tries. Each and eveyone of them will be remembered for the game they played today.At least Parra made the hard decisions, if a player does not performed he is not ntitled to be in the team.
The players are just going through the motion, like they are prastising. Get rid of the rotten apples or you will go down with them Potter, dragged through the mud with hem too.At least shyow you won't tolerate such nonsense.
His hands are tied till next year , you can see it on his face although he won't admit it he has to put up with the deadwood till seasons end , what did we all expect when a clean out happens like this on such a large scale harmony or total disharmony and it shows on the field a very unhappy bunch of players that have been shown the door.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:17 pm

Newtown wrote:Their is a likelihood that today's match will be investigated.
investigated for?

I agree that that match was pretty abysmal but the right changes are happening. If you name players that were bad they are mostly leaving! Benji, Aysh, Lawrence (maybe). Anasta will likely stay or retire to coach but there's only so much you can ask of management.

I'll be getting a membership next year for sure. Mostly because I know the club needs my help then more than ever. I encourage everyone else to do the same, it's a new season fresh start and a lot of key players coming up who i'd love to see in 1st grade :sign:
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:17 pm

lathami wrote:NO MICK POTTER is terrible!!!
I have said this all year, potter is crap, he has most of the side back from injury and we are playing worse!!!
This is due to an unmotivated side due to a s*** coach!
And you guys blamed sheens look at this joke!?!?
For the first time in the WT history I turned the channel, that is a big thing for me to do, I just could not watch a team with no desire!
The players have said it, and I have herd from my inside guy at the club, nobody likes potter, they don't believe in him, and as evident the wont play for him!!
I say next year swap him and payten, and give him the 20's job!
Although I don't think he can coach state cup!

The players get payed to train, play, attend functions and front the media. They are not there to run the club with a buddy coach.

I would rather all the players be shown the door if they did not like it at WT. Oh wait a minute, that is what is happening, and about bloody time too!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:18 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tigrr wrote:Anybody who expected Potter to be the next Jesus and perform a miracle is kidding themselves.

He has inherited a team with pretenders who Sheens babied to the point of losing their ability to play anymore. Add to that the injury toll and resultant disruption from people being moved on and it is no wonder that the team is competing badly.

The following players have improved under his tenure...Blair, Buchanan,Woods,Ava, Sue, Simona,Nofo,Siro, Teddy,BMM,Fulton and yes even Farah, unfortunately some others in key positions have gone backwards as we all know !
It is so silly to keep blaming Sheens. At least Sheens had some skill and could teach it. Potter has very little skill let alone a willingness to make decisions. Today's team looked a team that had never been coached.
My one word summary for Potter this year is SOFT.
Anyone who thinks he is tough for dropping Benji is dead set kidding himself/herself.
Look what the end result of all that is, Benji leaving the club before his contract is over.
Unhappy players will never make the coach happy.

When Robbie returned from SOO and we lost to the Warriors he didnt attend the press conference, Fultz did.
Robbie wasnt too impressed Benji was leaving and he blamed if on communication breakdown.
Wont come as a surprise if Robbie doesnt support Potter all the way.

At half time coaches spark their team (Except Ricky Stew) but Potter ...well .. whatever he says seems to make it worse so go figure
Last edited by Love the WestsTigers on Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:18 pm

southerntiger wrote:I stand by the view he doesn't have it. I have never seen a worse man manager in a first grade coach.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
How do you know what sort of man manager he is?..

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:21 pm

Love your enthusiasm pH !

The thing is, I have been putting my money and faith in the club for nearly 40 years.
The good times never seem to last for long do they .... Then it's back to showing faith all over again. But, as with you, when the memberships come up for renewal, I'll be back to do it all again !!!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:23 pm

pacey wrote:
Tigrr wrote:Anybody who expected Potter to be the next Jesus and perform a miracle is kidding themselves.

He has inherited a team with pretenders who Sheens babied to the point of losing their ability to play anymore. Add to that the injury toll and resultant disruption from people being moved on and it is no wonder that the team is competing badly.

The following players have improved under his tenure...Blair, Buchanan,Woods,Ava, Sue, Simona,Nofo,Siro, Teddy,BMM,Fulton and yes even Farah, unfortunately some others in key positions have gone backwards as we all know !
Couldnt have said it better.
Des Hasler in his first year of coaching Manly came 13th (Only 15 teams back then).
Improving takes time.. He needs at least another year

Good comparison.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:25 pm

Not many Potter fans tonight...hello come out it's OK...only a few more weeks to go.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:03 pm

meh what can he do? he's hamstrung by the cap and I'm doubting it would be his decision to just dump players and take a fine, since he's not the one who would be paying it.........

willow

Post by willow » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:05 pm

I won't crucify Potter based on what the team has achieved this year given the injury toll and the fact that it was a squad largely assembled by Sheens who was well and truly on the downward spiral before he was shwon the door. I appreciate the fact the clean out is in progress and as we saw today, Marshall and Ayshford were rubbish and Anasta wasn't far behind them. Just need to complete the clean out and rebuild the squad. I think Potter has the right mentality, now he just needs the right personnel in key positions.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:23 pm

potter rocks...

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:26 pm

LCA wrote:
southerntiger wrote:I stand by the view he doesn't have it. I have never seen a worse man manager in a first grade coach.
How do you measure his "man management" skills? Tell us what you know that makes Potter a bad man manager?
I don't know where this came from either and I think it is a stupid concept anyway. If you are playing first grade rugby league you should be playing to the best of your ability.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:27 pm

willow wrote:I won't crucify Potter based on what the team has achieved this year given the injury toll and the fact that it was a squad largely assembled by Sheens who was well and truly on the downward spiral before he was shwon the door. I appreciate the fact the clean out is in progress and as we saw today, Marshall and Ayshford were rubbish and Anasta wasn't far behind them. Just need to complete the clean out and rebuild the squad. I think Potter has the right mentality, now he just needs the right personnel in key positions.
Exactly his doing the clean out we just have to be patient. And we have to recruit smartly for the 2015 season.

alex

Post by alex » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:30 pm

Like what many have said, I will leave my judgement of Potter until next year. He has done his best with the squad assembled.

I wish people would congratulate him for the fact he has produced FOUR solid first graders this year which will give us a great foundation for next season. Sue and Ava have been outstanding in the forwards. Buchanan has been one of few to play every game this year, not a bad effort for a 20 year old front rower. And Nofoaluma, a star in the making.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:33 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote: Anyone who thinks he is tough for dropping Benji is dead set kidding himself/herself.
Look what the end result of all that is, Benji leaving the club before his contract is up
That's a very good end result. Marshall is a cancer.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:36 pm

willow wrote:I won't crucify Potter based on what the team has achieved this year given the injury toll and the fact that it was a squad largely assembled by Sheens who was well and truly on the downward spiral before he was shwon the door. I appreciate the fact the clean out is in progress and as we saw today, Marshall and Ayshford were rubbish and Anasta wasn't far behind them. Just need to complete the clean out and rebuild the squad. I think Potter has the right mentality, now he just needs the right personnel in key positions.
I don't need to dribble on this is how I pretty much see it . I don't like what's happening but can also see the light at the end of the tunnel. .I really think many here should toughen up a bit ! if we get the spoon we get the spoon the clean out is on in earnest most clubs go though this type of thing ,life is all ups and downs at least there is change afoot right though the club. Harden up people!!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:40 pm

Knuckles wrote:Potter won't last ..... It's a disgrace what's going on at our club right now.
Do you believe these two are related?

He probably wont last in a results driven environment...(didnt seem to bother Mr 30% finals series Sheens though)

The disgrace thats happening at the club has very little to do with Potter

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:41 pm

Snake wrote:
I don't need to dribble on this is how I pretty much see it . I don't like what's happening but can also see the light at the end of the tunnel. .I really think many here should toughen up a bit ! if we get the spoon we get the spoon the clean out is on in earnest most clubs go though this type of thing ,life is all ups and downs at least there is change afoot right though the club. Harden up people!!!
Correct.