Mick Potter - That was horrible

ImageImageImage
Knuckles

Re: Mick Potter - That was horrible

Post by Knuckles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Potter won't last ..... It's a disgrace what's going on at our club right now.
Do you believe these two are related?

He probably wont last in a results driven environment...(didnt seem to bother Mr 30% finals series Sheens though)

The disgrace thats happening at the club has very little to do with Potter

For someone that's been around as long as you I'm dumbfounded by some of the things you put up on the forum. The two men responsible for what is going on right now at the club is Mayer and Potter.
If your pleased with the current situation well congratulations because most of us on here are not.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:The disgrace thats happening at the club has very little to do with Potter
Yep. I think it is BS to blame this all on Potter. Potter I suppose has to cop some criticism but not enough to sack him. I think he deserves more time. I'd even be inclined to give him 2 more years primarily because I think one more year is not enough.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:50 pm

Knuckles wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Potter won't last ..... It's a disgrace what's going on at our club right now.

He probably wont last in a results driven environment...(didnt seem to bother Mr 30% finals series Sheens though)

For someone that's been around as long as you I'm dumbfounded by some of the things you put up on the forum. The two men responsible for what is going on right now at the club is Mayer and Potter.
If your pleased with the current situation well congratulations because most of us on here are not.
Realx it needs time we going in a new era now just be patient and let Mick Potter build a strong team it need time. And im sure he will make as a force for a long time but everything takes time we are going in the right dircection with the calls his doing so far.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:52 pm

Knuckles wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Mayer has been great so far. I am not aware of any issues with him?

With so much player disruption it is very harsh to judge Potter. I am not saying he has been amazing. I am saying, he is coach and should be given another year.

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:58 pm

Everyone keeps talking about the need for stability. We have all these problems due too stability. Keeping sheens and the same players for ages was very stable. We only had one change in potter, and finally cleaning out the club. We haven't been chopping and changing for ages, so this obsession is ridiculous.

Potter has disappointed as we often look flat and unmotivated. I could handle the loss if we showed some drive and intensity. He deserves one more year to see if he can find some improvement but until we see a change in attitude I wouldn't be offering an extension.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:00 pm

Knuckles wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

hahaha
comedy hour

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:01 pm

and by comedy i meant you are blaming potter and mayer

look at marshall... the guy worth $500k a season...

he is worse than sandow!!!

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:02 pm

I don't get the idea that the players want to play for him.

I agree Tim Sheens had to move on but to put in a rookie coach with a dysfunctional board and a team with "strong" personalities may not have been the right move (understanding he was probably the best from a poor field).

All I can go on is that we do seem to be performing worse than last year. This may not be al Potter's fault but ultimately he will be judged on his performances. If he does survive until 2014, then the question will be how long will he survive for?

2014 already looks like a lost cause which is pretty depressing given we haven't even seen the end of 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:07 pm

Just want the season to end. If we can get 2 more wins i'll be happy. Bring on the 9's tournament and 2014.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Champs05

Post by Champs05 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:23 pm

WE need to accept Potter was not the answer , but a commercial fix.You get what you pay for. Nice guy , but nice guys do not make good league coaches. He is just not tough enough. you can see it at every press conference-weak,dispassionate,clueless,day to day survival,no real future plans or ideas. IMO Neil Henry is the only other expierenced coach available & would be a good fit at the Tigers.

Phoenixtigers18

Post by Phoenixtigers18 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:30 pm

It is obvious that potter does not have the support of the dressing room. Whether or not that is because most of our playing group have had only one coach who knows but it doesn't really matter, the problem is he doesn't seem to have it. We are in big trouble if this is the case. On top of that we have no new ideas in attack, our defense is worse. People can defend him as much as they like saying its not his roster but would the same people be saying its not his roster if we were running in the top 4?????

tigerpiesmatt

Post by tigerpiesmatt » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:47 pm

as a long time fan I would have to say this season has been absolutely decimated by an horrendous injury toll to a lot of our topline players. Even though this has allowed the blooding of some fantastic young talent, no matter how good a player you have on the paddock you still need to have successful combinations out there and continual disruption due to injury has prevented this .I would not be concerned if Mr Potter left Benji and Blake out for the rest of the year and let some other youngsters find their feet a little in remaining games. Look to next year......Tedesco 1, Korobete2, simona 3, Lawrence 4, nuafaloma 5, Anasta/moltzen 6, brooks 7, sironen13, fulton 12, halatau 11, woods 10,farrah 9,galloway8, and on the bench we have bell, ava s...., plus a host of other upcoming talent. Blair off the bench until his contract expires.Any thoughts on a different line up to this? :sign:

tigerpiesmatt

Post by tigerpiesmatt » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:52 pm

Neil Henry as coach, he had a heap of talent in NQLD and did squat. Give Mick Potter a chance, if we can keep our roster on the paddock next year and not have most of them in the stands we should have a pretty good season. Potter has what it takes.

Post by Guest » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:56 pm

Blaming potter for this? Dumb and obviously uneducated.

I want pose a question to you guys. Do you think mick potter is a fan of the no look pass? I don't think so. Yet benji throws them every week. Benji is clearly going out there doing one thing and that's what he wants to do. Does not care one bit about potters plan.

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:Blaming potter for this? Dumb and obviously uneducated.

I want pose a question to you guys. Do you think mick potter is a fan of the no look pass? I don't think so. Yet benji throws them every week. Benji is clearly going out there doing one thing and that's what he wants to do. Does not care one bit about potters plan.

Agree completely, if you remember back to nrls summertime at the start of the year.

Potter said it was about controlling our game, and playing smart, making the meters and earning the right to play the way we have done in the past!

Playing the percentages. Something that benji never seemed to understand.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:10 pm

I like Mick Potter. He is a very decent man and has a wonderful work ethic. He has done well in bringing young players through and in moving some deadwood on. I am happy for him to be given to at least mid-next year for those reasons.

However, I also would not lose sleep if the club decided to part ways with him for the following reasons:

1. As I and others have identified, he doesn't have the support of the dressing room. He may not be to blame for this. Regardless that is the way it is and I am not confident he can win it back.

2. Our attack has been the worst I have ever seen it and I have been supporting the Tigers since 1985. Even the bad old days with the likes of Baysari etc at 6 were better. We weren't great last year but we were a lot better than this year. The only real change since then has been Potter. I have seen no improvement in our attack despite it being abysmal since rd 1. The lack of improvement is startling and is my greatest concern. Admittedly this may be connected with point 1.

3. When I listen to him press conference I don't get the impression that he has any idea on how to improve things. It seems, and I appreciate that this may not be the case, that he is just going through the motions. His poor communication skills displayed in press conference also give me an idea of why we have the problem identified at point 1.

It's hard to blast Potter. He has been given a tough gig. But the toughness of that gig should not be used to ignore the fact that he may not have it.

I hope my fears are well and truly proven wrong and we kill it next year under Harry.

Post by Guest » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:13 pm

phil1986 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Blaming potter for this? Dumb and obviously uneducated.

Agree completely, if you remember back to nrls summertime at the start of the year.

Potter said it was about controlling our game, and playing smart, making the meters and earning the right to play the way we have done in the past!

Playing the percentages. Something that benji never seemed to understand.

He has always been a low percentage player. That's why when one of his plays comes off its a miracle. And he is then crowned a genius. The flick pass to Richards. the behind the back pass to Simona. 9 times out of 10 those plays fail.

He is a very average player. And until people start to understand that which is starting happen now the better.

Potter has come to the tigers to coach a team basically being run by this fool. They have never seen eye to eye.

It will be a completely different side next year with young blood wanting to shine and listen to their coach. I'm very excited about it actually. It might mean for once in 8 years we have structure.

Phoenixtigers18

Post by Phoenixtigers18 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:14 pm

Ill pose a question to you, if potter is not a fan of the no look pass etc why not hook benji and bring on sironen to 5/8???? He clearly can't motivate his players. How he left anasta/benji on the field last week is another example of him obviously not having a plan! His use of the bench is terrible at best! Be nice to hear some truths at these press conferences to actually show us he gives a crap that his so called 'game plan' has been not carried out!!!!