I can't wait for Benji. To depart

ImageImageImage
stryker

Re: I can't wait for Benji. To depart

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:28 pm

Newtown wrote:Benji is certainly getting his revenge on Potter, Management and the fans. It is up to Potter and management to help Benji and stop him playing any more for Wests Tigers. I wouldn't like to see him caught for throwing any games during the latter part of this season.
Come off it!!! :crazy Just a ridiculous statement on every level.
He isnt playing well and that is obvious to everyone. But to suggest he is throwing games as a 'get square' with the club and even the fans? How about you replace your dummy and have a lie down? You are talking absolute crap.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:29 pm

Newtown wrote:Benji is certainly getting his revenge on Potter, Management and the fans. It is up to Potter and management to help Benji and stop him playing any more for Wests Tigers. I wouldn't like to see him caught for throwing any games during the latter part of this season.
Normally your an idiot but that is so true.
Benji and Asyhford are going down but they are making sure to take Potter with them.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:30 pm

Can't agree guys his just crap!

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:30 pm

stryker wrote:
He isnt playing well and that is obvious to everyone. But to suggest he is throwing games as a 'get square' with the club and even the fans? How about you replace your dummy and have a lie down? You are talking absolute crap.

Benji cant stand Potter.Benji is outta here...what better way to go than to bring Potter down too?...think about it....how else do you explain his pathetic form...

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:36 pm

He has lost complete confidence as a player. I think this is the last year we will see B Marshal rep any club at 1st grade level - League or Union.

He is out there trying and that makes it even sadder...he is performing worse and worse every week. I still say there is no way he is throwing games. Thats just garbage talk.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:36 pm

alexaki wrote:
stryker wrote:

Think back, who brought Sheens down in the latter part of the 2012 season - the Wests tigers players. They certainly showed that when they played against the Roosters in the final round. Check the efforts by West Tigers in that game.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:38 pm

Haha, that is ridiclous.

Do you really think Benji will damage his own career and new contract offers to 'get back' at Potter? Who he might not even have a problem with.

You guys surely have to know that Benji loves the club and to suggest something like that is actually disgusting.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:44 pm

Sabre wrote:He was probably the best player in the world at one stage. These days he wouldn't even be top 50 in NRL. He'd be lucky to be in the top 100.
Lucky to still be in first grade.

Time to go mr marshall.........just go. Leave now with half an once of dignity.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

willow

Post by willow » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:51 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Im so sad.....Ive loved Bunji for years and now I cant wait for him to go...
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. He's fallen so far from what he used to be able to achieve. He'd struggle in State Cup at the moment IMO.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:53 pm

Quite a tangent this threads gone off on

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:53 pm

1/4 chicken n chips you can't wait!!!
I've been waiting for the best part of 4 years !!
I'll be celebrating the last round like a grand final win.
I haven't been this excited about a player leaving since Fitzy
At least I'll have something to celebrate this year
Last edited by TIGER on Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:54 pm

stryker wrote:He has lost complete confidence as a player. I think this is the last year we will see B Marshal rep any club at 1st grade level - League or Union.

He is out there trying and that makes it even sadder...he is performing worse and worse every week. I still say there is no way he is throwing games. Thats just garbage talk.
This is 100% correct. He is trying his guts out but he just doesn't have it anymore. He is a player who relied on his running game and he has lost that pace and step and now he just offers bugger all.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:55 pm

It just shows what happens when youre not 100% commited, focussed and have other things on your mind.

It justifies the clubs decision to basically say 'adios'

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:59 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Im so sad.....Ive loved Bunji for years and now I cant wait for him to go...
same, it's awful actually to see him end his career like this

versa

Post by versa » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:01 pm

willow wrote:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. He's fallen so far from what he used to be able to achieve. He'd struggle in State Cup at the moment IMO.
Me too such fond memories of benji ripping teams to shreds with speed balance footwork. I want to remember him that way but this year he has been so bad. I can't defend him anymore. You can't replace speed I'm sorry but you just can't. It's been on show with benji

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:01 pm

innsaneink wrote: Terrible way for his story with us to end....a result of being spoilt for years by Sheens I think
Never held to account, placed above all others

A real lesson in the saying that no one player is ever bigger than a club

Gosh you come up with some BS.
Thank God you're not running the joint.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:20 pm

Moh wrote:Haha, that is ridiclous.

Do you really think Benji will damage his own career and new contract offers to 'get back' at Potter? Who he might not even have a problem with.

You guys surely have to know that Benji loves the club and to suggest something like that is actually disgusting.
Benji does love the club and the club and its fans still very much love him. He has given Wests Tigers supporters the best memories of their lives. Memories which they will never forget. I am sure that Benji is trying his best and does not have any bad issues with Potter. It is just that the more he keeps playing so much out of form in first grade the more attention of his loss of form he is drawing to himself.. I am just so frustrated and sad that the club has left him to play in first grade whilst he is out of form. I think he needs a week or two off football to allow him to focus back for his last games with West Tigers. I want to remember him leaving the club on a good note.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 8:21 pm

This thread is so sad. Not because the comments about Benji aren't warranted, but precisely because they are. After 2005 I would never ever, ever have thought that we would all be wanting Benji to leave this club so desperately just 8 years later. It's certainly not the way I had envisaged this once fan favourite superstar finish his career with us. It's so damn sad, really.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen