Our forward pack

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

Our forward pack

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:03 pm

Do we really think that without buying a serious lump of a front rower. our pack has a chance next year? What i saw today is pretty much what we'd expect to see next year, if it stays unchanged, and even with 1 more year experience, teams will still go through us like the proverbial knife thru butter..

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:05 pm

We should try steal some from ESL

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:06 pm

no i don't think our pack stands a chance next year.
we don't have enough forwards who like to work out of our end ,so potters solution is to just make the backs do it every set.because he won't drop them ever.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:07 pm

If we have halves who can capitalize on our forwards work, earn repeat sets at appropriate times and get good kick metres I think we will see improvement.

As of right now they are on a hiding to nothing

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:11 pm

I think we will be fine next year. Blair has been good since he moved to the middle of the field, Galloway is still finding his feet after injuries, Woods is out injured, Fulton and Farah bring good value, Sue is getting better and sironen will be great in the backrow next year

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:13 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:I think we will be fine next year. Blair has been good since he moved to the middle of the field, Galloway is still finding his feet after injuries, Woods is out injured, Fulton and Farah bring good value, Sue is getting better and sironen will be great in the backrow next year
Still unsure - usually, it takes one big forward (even a has been like Fui Fui) to cut through us..and Fulton / Big red will also be 1 year older, which counts at this stage of their career..

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:33 pm

bonstonker wrote:no i don't think our pack stands a chance next year.
we don't have enough forwards who like to work out of our end ,so potters solution is to just make the backs do it every set.because he won't drop them ever.

this is one thing that frustrates me

if we get a 20m tap or a tap in our own danger zone, invariably it is Fulton or Simona taking the first hit up

what's wrong with Sue, BMM or Thompson taking that first hit up?

anyway I don't know, if Taupau and Gavet can come into the team with some starch, we might be OK. We were missing Woods today.

I think more of our defensive weakness is from Benji, Anasta and our positioning in the centres

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:49 pm

The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:53 pm

smeghead wrote:If we have halves who can capitalize on our forwards work, earn repeat sets at appropriate times and get good kick metres I think we will see improvement.

As of right now they are on a hiding to nothing

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:02 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Do we really think that without buying a serious lump of a front rower. our pack has a chance next year? What i saw today is pretty much what we'd expect to see next year, if it stays unchanged, and even with 1 more year experience, teams will still go through us like the proverbial knife thru butter..
It's been like that all year..you just noticed today ? No big Forwards no halfback same story all year.

Potter plays a small pack of plodders. Some of these guys have never made an impact at junior level but somehow they are good enough for NRL every week.

I would like Potter to explain why Matt Groat an Australian schoolboys rep and an under 20's SOO player hasn't been given a chance this year.

3cats

Post by 3cats » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:30 pm

bell coming back from injury will help. think he is playing NSW cup to make sure he is ready before hitting the NRL pitch but surly he can't do any worse then what was on display today.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:06 pm

We can't be too harsh on these guys really, they've been thrown in early and expected to perform whether they've got what it takes I'm not sure yet, I think sue has. But our biggest problem is that our forwards don't work as a pack, they're a bunch of individuals. In saying that if we can keep Galloway and woods on the field next year and the rest start working as a pack and our halves can bring a kicking game anything is possible I suppose but they're all big ifs.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:08 pm

Milky wrote:We should try steal some from ESL
i wouldnt be suprised if this is what's going on behind closed doors...

we are clearing alot of players, so obviously recruiting would also be also on the cards.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:14 pm

Flippedy wrote:The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".
This is where it's at bottom line,no use blaming individuals the whole forward pack is not up to it overall , there are a few but reality bites the club HAS to sign some big ugly powerhouses that the opposition fear until then just pussie cats.

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:17 pm

Flippedy wrote:The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".
Yeah that comment hurt me too! James was especially damaging - had no respect for our pack; I really wanted someone to smash him.

Can't wait for Taupau and Gavet to be unleashed next year - both have real mongrel. BMM can and should be a part of that too.

PL

Tigesla

Post by Tigesla » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:18 pm

Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something positive in all this, but I thought that today BMM showed signs that he could yet be the player we've all hoped he could be. Or did I just imagine that?

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:19 pm

Tigesla wrote:Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something positive in all this, but I thought that today BMM showed signs that he could yet be the player we've all hoped he could be. Or did I just imagine that?
No you didn't - I thought so too! He's got it, just can't harness it when he needs to. Saw a bit of that spark today.

PL

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:25 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:I think we will be fine next year. Blair has been good since he moved to the middle of the field, Galloway is still finding his feet after injuries, Woods is out injured, Fulton and Farah bring good value, Sue is getting better and sironen will be great in the backrow next year
Yes, yes, yes and yes!

Totally agree, and we are getting that big unit from the bulldogs!

The forwards showed what they can do against the Storm, the Storm didn't play bad, we just dominated.

We also had Manly on the back foot a few times with strong running from the forwards!

They said today Siro jnr has never had an off season in the gym due to injury, the guys already strong as an ox, imagine what he will bring next year with a full off season in the gym and only 20!
Impact plus me thinks!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.