Our forward pack

ImageImageImage
stryker

Re: Our forward pack

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:25 pm

Flippedy wrote:The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".
I have been saying this for years and years. Our pack has always been lacking in any sort of intimidation. Semanufagai and Sue have a bit of mongrel but we need more. We need at least one boofhead like JWH or a hard hitter like Nigel Plum who make the opposition think twice about running it up the guts.

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:29 pm

stryker wrote:
Flippedy wrote:The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".
I have been saying this for years and years. Our pack has always been lacking in any sort of intimidation. Semanufagai and Sue have a bit of mongrel but we need more. We need at least one boofhead like JWH or a hard hitter like Nigel Plum who make the opposition think twice about running it up the guts.
...wouldn't mind Benny Matulino either...

PL

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:31 pm

Needs more depth ..... If Galloway or Woods get injured again we will be very light on.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:37 pm

Phantomlock wrote:
stryker wrote:

PL
Agreed. I like the way he approaches his footy. Maybe we have some young fellas who are keen to go beserk in firsts....can only hope.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:39 pm

Bad performance by our forwards . Actually bad is polite PATHETIC

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:45 pm

stryker wrote:
Phantomlock wrote:
stryker wrote:

PL
Agreed. I like the way he approaches his footy. Maybe we have some young fellas who are keen to go beserk in firsts....can only hope.
Do you mean like our very own Nathan Brown except with a bit more control - just a wee bit mind you.

PL

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 9:50 pm

A capable defensive structure from a defensive coach that knows what hes doing would help.

We wouldnt be always on the back foot, we wouldnt be dominated in defense, we wouldnt have to resort to illegalities to slow the play down to keep up with the opposition

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:02 pm

galloway has been very disappointing imo. i understand he just came from a very difficult injury but he is still just strolling on to the line and and when he tackles, it looks like a bear hug.

he will be the key to our forward pack next year.. he really needs to stand up and use his frame.

on a side note, our forward pack gets a real hammering (and deservedly so) but ironically since hodgo only our front row in galloway, farah and woods have ever made it to an SOO team
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:19 pm

I think we definitely need a very aggressive and quality second rower, ala Ellis. Doubt there is anyone on the market worth signing though.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 10:47 pm

Already have one his name is Gavet

Posted using RoarFEED 2013