Blair

ImageImageImage
Post Reply
User avatar
Moh
Member
Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Blair

Post by Moh » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:14 pm

Much improved since moving to prop - but noticed two things that really showed he doesn't give a stuff/lacks that pride/aggression.

One was where he was stripped off the ball and it wasn't called - he didn't even attempt to protest to the refs. And another thing on that, I hate when players try to milk penalties like the way he did - even though it was a definite strip.

The other one was when I think it was Sezer (a freakin' rookie halfback) got up and gave him a shove to the back and Blair just took it. He did the same last week I think.

This is not just Blair obviously, a lot of players look uninterested. Where's the pride?


Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:17 pm

That's a very wierd comment. He was o e of our better players today. Arguing with the ref or starting push and shove aren't what I want my players doing , it doesn't help our team - so to me that indicates he is very passionate about the team , whereas arguing with the ref would have shown he was selfish.

He ran hard, tackled well and was prob our best for ward today ( without much competition other then perhaps Fulton)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:24 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:That's a very wierd comment. He was o e of our better players today. Arguing with the ref or starting push and shove aren't what I want my players doing , it doesn't help our team - so to me that indicates he is very passionate about the team , whereas arguing with the ref would have shown he was selfish.

He ran hard, tackled well and was prob our best for ward today ( without much competition other then perhaps Fulton)
Agreed. He has had to live with the refs gaze as a hangover from his MEL days, as he gets penalised for the slightest indiscretion.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:35 pm

I don't want our players arguing with the ref or punching on. I want them belting the ball up and tackling like demons.

I thought Blair was our probably our best out there today but that isn't saying much.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5643
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:36 pm

Blair was fine,he had no mates though.
Go hard or go home


User avatar
Winnipeg
Member
Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Fri 15 Jan, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:40 pm

Moh wrote:
One was where he was stripped off the ball and it wasn't called - he didn't even attempt to protest to the refs. And another thing on that, I hate when players try to milk penalties like the way he did - even though it was a definite strip.

not sure why you'd get mad at Blair over that, not his fault the refs are mongs


I agree he was one of our better players today

User avatar
Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 6:42 pm

Where were our forwards today??

User avatar
Moh
Member
Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Post by Moh » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:05 pm

I've been very happy with Blair since the move. That's not my point.

I don't want players sulking - but he had every right to make his point to the refs and there was every chance we could get the call overturned as it was a very obvious one... ie the Tedesco touch in their in-goal that was originally called a goal-line dropout.

We would get a lot more from Blair when he plays with a bit more mongrel. That doesn't have to mean stupid.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:16 pm

Moh wrote:Much improved since moving to prop - but noticed two things that really showed he doesn't give a stuff/lacks that pride/aggression.

One was where he was stripped off the ball and it wasn't called - he didn't even attempt to protest to the refs. And another thing on that, I hate when players try to milk penalties like the way he did - even though it was a definite strip.

The other one was when I think it was Sezer (a freakin' rookie halfback) got up and gave him a shove to the back and Blair just took it. He did the same last week I think.

This is not just Blair obviously, a lot of players look uninterested. Where's the pride?
What an insane post. He was our best forward today and all you can come up with is criticism of him playing to the whistle!

Blair has massively turned the corner; I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it with my own baby blues!

User avatar
Moh
Member
Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Post by Moh » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 7:23 pm

That's not my point.

It'd be mad to suggest Blair was the reason for that loss, or anything Blair did. I made it clear that his move to prop has been a success. Don't know why you're arguing about that.

Post Reply