Live Game Thread vs Eels *Contains Spoilers*

ImageImageImage
User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7946
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Live Game Thread vs Eels *Contains Spoilers*

Post by MacDougall » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:19 pm

Potter is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. If he picks Brooks and we get flogged and Brooks looks hopeless (a massive chance) people will jump on him for bringing a young half into a team that are going hopeless. If he doesn't people wonder why he persists with the lame options currently on display.

2013 Wests Tigers coach has gotta go down as the toughest NRL gig in decades.


southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Potter is a joke. The sooner he is gone the sooner this club can recover from this disaster.

Great bloke. Horrible coach.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No Southern the side Sheens assembled is a joke

When he has got the players he wants we can judge him then either good or back
Keep believing that if it makes you feel good.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40097
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:28 pm

southerntiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Potter is a joke. The sooner he is gone the sooner this club can recover from this disaster.

Great bloke. Horrible coach.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No Southern the side Sheens assembled is a joke

When he has got the players he wants we can judge him then either good or back
Keep believing that if it makes you feel good.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Well in that's case ,when do we stop blaming coaches and making players accountable

Potter is getting rid of the people we want gone

He is blooding juniors that Sheens basically refused to do

His hands are tied with many players like Anasta ,Ayshford ,Marshall

What do YOU think that Potter should do ,if he hasn't got clearance to bring Brooks in who else do you want him to play in the halves

He obviously is looking at the future with Sirro playing back row which I believe is the right move Sironen will be a awesome back rower

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:29 pm

I understand all the calls that Pots inherited a very poor roster, suffered a huge injury toll and saw experienced players turn into cream puffs.....
BUT.
He has shown me not a sign that he can coach at this level whatsoever. He has made some outrageous decisions, has destroyed our attack, has shown no passion and has overseen a defence that couldnt keep mongrel sheep out of the top paddock. What exactly is this bloke good at?

I mean, what have our game plans been this year? Where is this structure we were promised? Meh....keep him for next year....wont make a sh!t of difference.
Last edited by stryker on Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40097
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:31 pm

stryker wrote:I understand all the calls that Pots inherited a very poor roster, suffered a huge injury toll and saw experienced players turn into cream puffs.....
BUT.
He has shown me not a sign that he can coach at this level whatsoever. He has made some outrageous decisions, has destroyed our attack, has shown no passion and has overseen a defence that couldnt keep mongrel sheep out of the top paddock. What exactly is this bloke good at?
I'll repeat what I said to Southern Stryker ,when do we start making players accountable

You don't like him because he chased your mate Benji away


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:34 pm

No mate I was never warm to the idea of him as a coach even last season when he was the favourite.

FACT: our attack has degenerated, our defence is as bad or worse than ever.

We would be better off with Sheens.

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:36 pm

stryker wrote:I understand all the calls that Pots inherited a very poor roster, suffered a huge injury toll and saw experienced players turn into cream puffs.....
BUT.
He has shown me not a sign that he can coach at this level whatsoever. He has made some outrageous decisions, has destroyed our attack, has shown no passion and has overseen a defence that couldnt keep mongrel sheep out of the top paddock. What exactly is this bloke good at?

I mean, what have our game plans been this year? Where is this structure we were promised? Meh....keep him for next year....wont make a sh!t of difference.
Firstly, he's a rookie coach. He does have a lot to learn, same as Nofo and Koro.

Also, he's gotten the best out of a lot of our forwards this season including Blair, Sue Ava and BMM Not one forward except maybe Anasta has gone backwards this year. Correct me if i'm wrong. Also, his development of the back 3 (potter being a fullback) has been good. And this is all with horrible assistant coaches and defensive coaches.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40097
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:38 pm

stryker wrote:No mate I was never warm to the idea of him as a coach even last season when he was the favourite.

FACT: our attack has degenerated, our defence is as bad or worse than ever.

We would be better off with Sheens.
Cmon Stryker we would be a basket case with Sheens and Farah would be gone and then things would be bad

We finished the game with 15 players ,no Farah No Woods and got beaten by 4

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:39 pm

He is not a rookie coach. He is an experienced coach. He just hasnt coached NRL.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:43 pm

I was never a Sheens fan for the last couple of seasons, but at least he turned sides out who were dangerous in attack.

We may have only lost by 4 Happy, but that was against a side who has been flogged in most games this season.

26 points mate.....against that attack that is disgraceful.

Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:44 pm

Coped an absolute hammering from parra supporters. How embarrassing was that

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:45 pm

southerntiger wrote:He is not a rookie coach. He is an experienced coach. He just hasnt coached NRL.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Oh right. Yeah, Luke Brooks and Nofo arent not a rookie players. Just hasn't played in the NRL.

In any case, he started coaching about 5 years ago. Royce has had more experience as head coach than him for reference...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40097
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:46 pm

southerntiger wrote:He is not a rookie coach. He is an experienced coach. He just hasnt coached NRL.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Sheen had how many seasons and won how many premierships and his coaching from 2006-2009 and 2012 was fantastic

We gave Sheens 10 seasons to try and get it right , but won't give Potter 2

A lot of hypocrites in this club from senior board all the way down to the fans

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:47 pm

If Brooks had played ESL for 5 years, i wouldnt call him a rookie.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:49 pm

Okay whatever. He's not a rookie. What's your point? Our attack isn't as good? Our attack a couple of years ago was better than Souths and Chooks are now. but they're far better teams because they have good players, strong personell staff including the head coach and thus strong defence. Potter is trying to get us there too but making good purchases, releasing bad ones and getting good assistants.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40097
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:50 pm

stryker wrote:I was never a Sheens fan for the last couple of seasons, but at least he turned sides out who were dangerous in attack.

We may have only lost by 4 Happy, but that was against a side who has been flogged in most games this season.

26 points mate.....against that attack that is disgraceful.
Yeah winning games 42-38 earns respect doesn't it Stryker ,soon as we couldn't score we became basket cases and if we had to get in the arm wrestle we went to water

That's what you wanted for our club Stryker , and you call yourself a second rower

I want a team who plays smart ,plays tough and makes every team that beats us think " Golly Gosh! ,I hope we don't have to play them again "

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:52 pm

My point is he sucks. He turned an underperforming squad into the worst team in the comp. Excusing him on the basis of inexperience is unacceptable given he has experience. We didnt buy a rookie.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 10:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Yeah winning games 42-38 earns respect doesn't it Stryker ,soon as we couldn't score we became basket cases and if we had to get in the arm wrestle we went to water

That's what you wanted for our club Stryker , and you call yourself a second rower

I want a team who plays smart ,plays tough and makes every team that beats us think " Golly Gosh! ,I hope we don't have to play them again "
Of course thats what I want. I want a team of killers who will smash blokes into the mud and then tell them what they have in store for their women folk after the game.

As for your last sentence, what on earth makes you believe Potter is capable of producing these results?

Post Reply