First Grade Live Game Thread vs Roosters

ImageImageImage
Balmainboydug
Member
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri 05 Aug, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread vs Roosters

Post by Balmainboydug » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:04 pm

tiger jim wrote:please Braith RETIRE
But he found his mates all night with his kicks.


User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:04 pm

Anyone on Twitter needs to get in Mayers ear - get rid of Benji and Braith

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:05 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Anyone on Twitter needs to get in Mayers ear - get rid of Benji and Braith

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Or even the guy that kicks picking them?

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4815
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:05 pm

smeghead wrote:I see a lot of positives from this thrashing.

We were let down by our senior players. Pure and simple.

All of our young guys had a did and will be much better from this years experience and another off season.

The form of BMM and the growth of Teddy as a ball player are also a vindication of what Mick Potter is achieving IMHO
Heaps of positives tonight as above including Luani, would give Lote another season , just havn,t the cattle unfortunately and a few senior guys pretty much finished and producing as much..

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1882
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:09 pm

MagpieBilly78 wrote: I agree, but is trying considered worthy of a first grade jersey. Tedesco is great under the high ball, but his positioning, and injury prone nature is woeful. I have never seen a fullback slip over 7 times a game like him. As for Fulton, tries hard I agree, but he looks about 65 kgs, and plays accordingly. If he is in our best 17, then god help us. I know he tackles, but we can pay a park footballer $40,000 a year to do that.
Ok... so seeing as 40K isnt even minimum wage in the NRL... first shades of total and utter dribbling....

Next, find me a list of 20 people who average more tackles a game than Liam, and please list their assumed wages from the media...

If you cannot, grab a fist full of bog roll, and wipe your mouth.... the ish you are dribbling will be staining your chin.


Put together a pack that exposes Fulton as a weak link amongst them, then drop him.... I totally agree, but our pigs arent holding their own, and if he wasnt working as hard to cover for the masses, his gas tank may be very different.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32204
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:09 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Put the young gun halves in next week and give them a go. Get rid of our useless 6 and 7. Starting a fund to buy Benji's ticket to New Zealand and a retirement present for Braith. Any takers?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No thanks. Salary cap issues plus our NYC side is a genuine chance at finishing top 4 and we need Brooks and Moses there. If Nofo qualifies, and I'm not conifdent he does, I'd be dropping him back too.

User avatar
The Phantom
Member
Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by The Phantom » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:11 pm

Westie wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Thank our lucky stars Benji decided to be an All Black

I would doubt Benji would be an All Black.
I hope he makes the All Blacks side , Australia would be a chance of winning a test .

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Westie
Member
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by Westie » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:11 pm

When is the post match conference posted.....
Maybe Benji might be wearing his blues jersey....

User avatar
TJL
Member
Member
Posts: 627
Joined: Mon 13 May, 2013 9:25 pm
Location: West Australia

Post by TJL » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:12 pm

Leave the young blokes until next season, let the rabble deal with their own hopelessness.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3727
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:14 pm

MagpieBilly78 wrote:
Craig wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote:need to clean out 85% of the club - including players, coaches, and officials. The whole joint is stale, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Who really is worth keeping in the playing roster - my opinion only, but I would only keep Farah, Woods, MurdochMasila, Seu. Nofaloma, Simona, Galloway, Sefuamagi, Koirobete, Sironen, and maybe Buchanan, Thompson. I would definitely get rid of Marshall and Ayshford (even if they hadn't signed elsewhere), Moltzen, Reddy, Bell, Iosefa, Anasta, Tedesco, Tuqiri, Utai, Lawrence, Fulton, Blair, Potter, and MCDONNELL (the worst recruitment manager ever to be involved in rugby league). I would rather 15 kids, and lose by 50, than watch these overpaid, soft as tissue, grubs embarrass themselves week after week. As for Potter, yes you had injuries, but were any of the injured players in form or any good.....NO and NO. And, you select these same soft, out of form players, week after week. We owe Benji nothing, get him to park football where he belongs asap.

You can't be serious mate. 2 of the few who have actually tried tonight.
I agree, but is trying considered worthy of a first grade jersey. Tedesco is great under the high ball, but his positioning, and injury prone nature is woeful. I have never seen a fullback slip over 7 times a game like him. As for Fulton, tries hard I agree, but he looks about 65 kgs, and plays accordingly. If he is in our best 17, then god help us. I know he tackles, but we can pay a park footballer $40,000 a year to do that.

James was our best IMO, sure he misjudged one kick that Jennings pounced on, but name me any fullback that hasn't. His positional play is up with the best, he marshalls the side in defence, has plenty of ticker and had his best game in attack.

Balmainboydug
Member
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri 05 Aug, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by Balmainboydug » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:14 pm

TJL wrote:Leave the young blokes until next season, let the rabble deal with their own hopelessness.
My thoughts 100% !

Let's try and have something to cheer about on GF day.

User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:15 pm

He is also only 20 years old and returning from
Major injury this year and playing with a fracture. He will improve out of fight in 2014

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

MagpieBilly78

Post by MagpieBilly78 » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:28 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote: I agree, but is trying considered worthy of a first grade jersey. Tedesco is great under the high ball, but his positioning, and injury prone nature is woeful. I have never seen a fullback slip over 7 times a game like him. As for Fulton, tries hard I agree, but he looks about 65 kgs, and plays accordingly. If he is in our best 17, then god help us. I know he tackles, but we can pay a park footballer $40,000 a year to do that.
Ok... so seeing as 40K isnt even minimum wage in the NRL... first shades of total and utter dribbling....

Next, find me a list of 20 people who average more tackles a game than Liam, and please list their assumed wages from the media...

If you cannot, grab a fist full of bog roll, and wipe your mouth.... the ish you are dribbling will be staining your chin.


Put together a pack that exposes Fulton as a weak link amongst them, then drop him.... I totally agree, but our pigs arent holding their own, and if he wasnt working as hard to cover for the masses, his gas tank may be very different.
Well, nrl paypacket hero, whatever the minimum wage is(still overpaid !!!) Now mr staunch, who gives a crap about a tackle list..... does that mean that we should go out and sign Shaun Fensom, Dallas Johnson, and Matt Ballin. They have big tackle counts, but will they add anything to our team. No, just like your son / relative / friend Liam.

I didn't say he was a weak link, I said he tries, but that aint enough to be a competition heavyweight. The problem with fans like you is, you accept mediocrity, because in your life in general you have accepted mediocrity. My bet is you are a Balmain fan deep down. Lets all clap off the Tigers, even though they play like cats nine weeks out of every ten. You need to remember they are getting paid massive amounts of cash to give back very little to their fans. If someone at your work was getting paid $240,000 a year, and performing disgracefully each week, would you get the s***...... of course you would.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17209
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:30 pm

Its not as simple as turfing players because they aren't playing well. The salary cap in itself is a problem but the club is also struggling financially and probably can't justify stumping up match payments unless absolutely necessary.

Benji and Bwaif will start every game where fit. Only a couple more games of torture this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:34 pm

Flippedy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That hiding actually gives the Eels a chance to get ahead of us if they manage to win twice.
Yep mentioned this earlier - our F/A is just about as bad as theirs now - great isn't it, since they're supposed to be the worst ever NRL team - according to Tommy! Let's hope to God they haven't got 2 more wins in them cause we sure as hell haven't!
Perhaps we could bring Tommy out of retirement to show young Michael how to fire up a team that was in it at 1/2 time.

MagpieBilly78

Post by MagpieBilly78 » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 9:34 pm

formerguest wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote:
Craig wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote:need to clean out 85% of the club - including players, coaches, and officials. The whole joint is stale, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Who really is worth keeping in the playing roster - my opinion only, but I would only keep Farah, Woods, MurdochMasila, Seu. Nofaloma, Simona, Galloway, Sefuamagi, Koirobete, Sironen, and maybe Buchanan, Thompson. I would definitely get rid of Marshall and Ayshford (even if they hadn't signed elsewhere), Moltzen, Reddy, Bell, Iosefa, Anasta, Tedesco, Tuqiri, Utai, Lawrence, Fulton, Blair, Potter, and MCDONNELL (the worst recruitment manager ever to be involved in rugby league). I would rather 15 kids, and lose by 50, than watch these overpaid, soft as tissue, grubs embarrass themselves week after week. As for Potter, yes you had injuries, but were any of the injured players in form or any good.....NO and NO. And, you select these same soft, out of form players, week after week. We owe Benji nothing, get him to park football where he belongs asap.

You can't be serious mate. 2 of the few who have actually tried tonight.
I agree, but is trying considered worthy of a first grade jersey. Tedesco is great under the high ball, but his positioning, and injury prone nature is woeful. I have never seen a fullback slip over 7 times a game like him. As for Fulton, tries hard I agree, but he looks about 65 kgs, and plays accordingly. If he is in our best 17, then god help us. I know he tackles, but we can pay a park footballer $40,000 a year to do that.

James was our best IMO, sure he misjudged one kick that Jennings pounced on, but name me any fullback that hasn't. His positional play is up with the best, he marshalls the side in defence, has plenty of ticker and had his best game in attack.
I am not saying he has no ticker, and doesn't try hard. I said he is always injured, always slips over, and has bad defensive / kicking positioning. Is he the way forward? He has age on his side, but is he better than Locke, Slater, Dugan, Hayne, Stewart, Minichiello, Boyd, Robinson, Bowen, Hoffman, Barba, Inglis......... actually is he better than any other fullback in the comp?

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1882
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 10:02 pm

MagpieBilly78 wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote: I agree, but is trying considered worthy of a first grade jersey. Tedesco is great under the high ball, but his positioning, and injury prone nature is woeful. I have never seen a fullback slip over 7 times a game like him. As for Fulton, tries hard I agree, but he looks about 65 kgs, and plays accordingly. If he is in our best 17, then god help us. I know he tackles, but we can pay a park footballer $40,000 a year to do that.
Ok... so seeing as 40K isnt even minimum wage in the NRL... first shades of total and utter dribbling....

Next, find me a list of 20 people who average more tackles a game than Liam, and please list their assumed wages from the media...

If you cannot, grab a fist full of bog roll, and wipe your mouth.... the ish you are dribbling will be staining your chin.


Put together a pack that exposes Fulton as a weak link amongst them, then drop him.... I totally agree, but our pigs arent holding their own, and if he wasnt working as hard to cover for the masses, his gas tank may be very different.
Well, nrl paypacket hero, whatever the minimum wage is(still overpaid !!!) Now mr staunch, who gives a crap about a tackle list..... does that mean that we should go out and sign Shaun Fensom, Dallas Johnson, and Matt Ballin. They have big tackle counts, but will they add anything to our team. No, just like your son / relative / friend Liam.

I didn't say he was a weak link, I said he tries, but that aint enough to be a competition heavyweight. The problem with fans like you is, you accept mediocrity, because in your life in general you have accepted mediocrity. My bet is you are a Balmain fan deep down. Lets all clap off the Tigers, even though they play like cats nine weeks out of every ten. You need to remember they are getting paid massive amounts of cash to give back very little to their fans. If someone at your work was getting paid $240,000 a year, and performing disgracefully each week, would you get the s***...... of course you would.
Even just for beginners... check my username! You think Im a Balmain fan... lol, this is like playing "I spy with my little eye" with Stevie Wonder.

Dallas Johnson, what a crap player, Australian Representative, member of multiple winning SOO teams, 2 premierships (both now reniged) with the Storm, and lauded all around as a great player and inspiration to his team-mates....

Ballin, who is he playing for and how are they going?

Fensom, is also an applauded member of his squad, 2 time Meninga award winner, maybe 3, I dont know.....

Each and every player in a squad is a cog in a bigger machine. Hindmarsh is another tackling machine with little punch in attack... All celebrated players... Why because they fit the unit. Fulton isnt failing us, he is a cornerstone, the salary cap, hell the game as a whole shows players like Fulton are necessary to teams. The workrate is an advantage not a detractor. The real problem is that there are too many muppets who dont understand the game, cannot fathom the salary cap, and have no freaken idea about how an individual relates to the squad as a whole.

The real problem is that those around him with basic bang it up roles cannot carry their weight as a team member. You think Fulton is there for offensive punch? He is there to mop up the defence, the world knows it.

You whine about Fultons 240k? What about Braiths 200k? Benjis what 650k? Ayshford, Moltzen, Lawrence, Tiquiri, Utai, Bell.... Fulton is working, we can carry a worker, not a bunch of lame, pea-hearted nuffies...

Your head is all screwed on wrong...

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 10:16 pm

and that was probably Fultons second worst game in 5 years.

He made a lot of tackles with his head early and half his teammates didn't show up.

Post Reply