Brooks and Brown to debut against St. George

ImageImageImage
formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Brooks and Brown to debut against St. George

Post by formerguest » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 10:53 am

crusader wrote:Putting benji in centres just confirms that they want benji to play out the rest of the season no matter how bad he plays. That might not be potters decision. Could be the boards, who knows .
Anyway, I can see a lot of traffic coming his way on Sunday . Good luck benji

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

I also suspect that some sort of agreement regarding him playing out the year may have been made.

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 11:11 am

Finally a tigers game to look forward to. Go brooksy, you are a class above the younger kids and need to be bled in.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 11:21 am

I shan't be attending Saturday.

Would love to go in hopes of seeing Brooks play. But have other stuff on and Benji still in the side so no.

Probably get a better view on the idiot box anyway

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 11:51 am

Robbo I totally disagree.
robbo1037 wrote:Should just keep picking the same team till the end of the year.
Unless we are in finals contention what's the point of playing guys that are not going to play next year? Might as well blood the youngens.
robbo1037 wrote:Make those highly paid useless players deal with the embarrassment they have bought on themselves this year.
But they are embarrassing us as a team and as fans too! Stuff that! It would be more embarrassing for them if they were dropped.
robbo1037 wrote:Makes no sense to bring in some poor kids to try and fix the problem.
What problem? The problem that we are out of finals contention? Don't see that as a problem re getting them a start. Or maybe you're talking about the problem that we are crap? or the Benji problem? or the halves problem in general? If so, let's give them a head start for next year! Aren't we supposed to do that for our kids?
robbo1037 wrote:Let them make debut next year with a fresh start and a better team.
Why wait? Rip it off like a band-aid! It may hurt a bit, but the fresh start begins right now!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:00 pm

If the kids come in and we win a game or two, will do them a world of good. Even if we lose they can't be blamed for it as we were already losing without them.

We can only gain by playing them in NRL a little bit. There would still be Moses and Mulcahy for NYC which is still a very good combo at that level. Brooks could still play in the finals in any case so it might just be one or two weeks that he plays in NRL.

Brown has a lot of O'Meley about him. Much much prefer him to Spence (who's very average and leaving in any case!)

bigcat

Post by bigcat » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 3:26 pm

FROM NRL.com today at 2:37pm

"Tigers youngersters set for NRL debut

Wests Tigers have been granted permission from the NRL for exciting youngsters Luke Brooks and Nathan Brown to make their first grade debuts this weekend.

NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert on Wednesday granted the Tigers permission to breach the second-tier salary cap by allowing the talented pair to play against St George Illawarra at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Saturday.

Brooks and Brown haven't been named in the squad for the match, but the decision on whether they'll play will be made by coach Mick Potter on Friday.

The permission granted by Schubert was made under special circumstances given that neither team can make the finals.

18-year-old Brooks is a halfback and 20-year-old Brown is a prop, both of whom have played in the Tigers' under-20s team."

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 3:33 pm

yeehaaa..

Benji to Centre; Sirronen to 5/8; Anasta & Thompson to bench,

monkey

Post by monkey » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 3:41 pm

Great news good luck to the boys hopefully the senior players pick up their games to match the youngsters up . As for spence he is very ordinary . Seem better park footballers better than this guy

robbo1037

Post by robbo1037 » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 3:42 pm

bigsiro wrote:Robbo I totally disagree.
robbo1037 wrote:Should just keep picking the same team till the end of the year.
Unless we are in finals contention what's the point of playing guys that are not going to play next year? Might as well blood the youngens.
robbo1037 wrote:Make those highly paid useless players deal with the embarrassment they have bought on themselves this year.
But they are embarrassing us as a team and as fans too! Stuff that! It would be more embarrassing for them if they were dropped.
robbo1037 wrote:Makes no sense to bring in some poor kids to try and fix the problem.
What problem? The problem that we are out of finals contention? Don't see that as a problem re getting them a start. Or maybe you're talking about the problem that we are crap? or the Benji problem? or the halves problem in general? If so, let's give them a head start for next year! Aren't we supposed to do that for our kids?
robbo1037 wrote:Let them make debut next year with a fresh start and a better team.
Why wait? Rip it off like a band-aid! It may hurt a bit, but the fresh start begins right now!

That's your opinion bigsiro and you are certainly entitled to it. I would just prefer those boys had a full offseason building their bodies and training full time with the NRL squad before being thrown to the wolves. I know it's only the Dragons so not really wolves more like poodles.

Hopefully they both come out unscathed and go back and win the NYC.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 4:03 pm

Brooks has Already had a small taste of first grade in a trial or two at the start of the year.

Get the debut out of the way, Brooks & Brown wont have to spend all summer thinking about it....a bit like a boxers first fight I imagine.

Too bad it couldnt have been a home game, we need all the attraction we can get

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 4:08 pm

Thank you bigcat, finally someone getting something right!

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 4:30 pm

NICE!
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 5:19 pm

Happy that Brooks is getting a run, but I think Benji will have a tough day in defence...

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 5:22 pm

would be really handy for Brooks to have Robbie out there...

But good luck to the both of them!!!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 5:49 pm

alexaki wrote:yeehaaa..

Benji to Centre; Sirronen to 5/8; Anasta & Thompson to bench,
I'm an Anasta supporter but he adds even less off the bench. :(
Sirro is dynamic off the Bench, would love to see him there for the rest of this year. No need for him to get battered and bruised for 80mins where the rest of the team is not putting in an effort.

Benji ... ah well, hope for our sake and his, he can play half as well as his glory days. He needs to leave with some dignity..

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 6:28 pm

Channel 9 news, said benji trained at dummy half. Lol.

We're in trouble, his balls won't find the mark.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 6:33 pm

phil1986 wrote:Channel 9 news, said benji trained at dummy half. Lol.

We're in trouble, his balls won't find the mark.

HAHAHAHA , its Doomsday unless he plans to run, shimmy, step from dummy half.. But ... there aint no room for that there :shock:
but then again he hasnt been running when the space has been there.

I suspect its a smoke screen. Everyone one knows Benji in 9 is a april fools joke

mtd

Post by mtd » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 6:34 pm

Triple m posted article dragons are sooking about it an trying to get it overturned