Luke Brooks

ImageImageImage
User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21044
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:16 pm

The kid looks like a champion.

Big props to Nathan Brown as well, he's gonna be a beauty by the looks of it too.

Two of the best debuts of any player thats come into grade for this club. In Brooks case, the best debut since Benji, probably even better.


Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4238
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:18 pm

tigerbalm wrote:It's a shame we now have to wait till "14 to see how he goes against quality. Still good signs ahead though.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
.
He may get to play in round 26 vs Nth Qld, but he won't get a game against Souths. Just shows how much in need of an overhaul the salary cap is.

Gray
Member
Member
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun 18 Mar, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Gray » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:19 pm

I could even say I'm proud of him!
As said earlier, he looks like he's played in first grade for years! What a player we have on our hands.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27608
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks Brooksy....youve given all the supporters something to look forawrd to over a very long summer soon to be on us

Great debut

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: North of Hexham Bridge

Post by westTAHger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:23 pm

good debut. did not overplay, did what was needed, and directed the team around well.
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D


stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:34 pm

Black'n'White wrote:Just think, his partner in crime wasnt there today.... imagine Moses can break the top flight as well....

Best thing was everyone seemed to know what was going on as well, its as if structure appeared out of nowhere.
I think this nails it. I think we can get better with Moses our there but I haven't seen enough to be sure. The thing is I definitely saw some structure there and I think he can be out 7 going forward.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:35 pm

Zaccachino wrote:Benji who?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No need for that mate.
Benji played well today and it is no coincidence that he did so when playing outside a proper halfback. It boggles my mind that coaches, most fans and the media continually skip past this point.

Anyway, back on point, young Luke was very impressive today as where most of the team. He did his job like a seasoned halfback and controlled the Dragons. Cant wait to see him win the title for the 20's, get a thorough off season behind him and attack 2014.

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm excited...great debut by Brooks....will this now put even more pressure on the kid?....I hope not.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5730
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:39 pm

Brooks can only play against a team not in contention for the semi finals.

wtigers
Member
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat 13 Jul, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by wtigers » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:46 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Brooks can only play against a team not in contention for the semi finals.
If the Bunnies are certainties for the finals, can he play them?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Luke
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Luke » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:51 pm

Great debut Luke! Can't wait to see you develop into one of the best half backs to play the game in the mighty Tigers' jersey!

2014 Rookie of the Year: Luke Brooks!

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1882
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:01 pm

stryker wrote:
Zaccachino wrote:Benji who?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No need for that mate.
Benji played well today and it is no coincidence that he did so when playing outside a proper halfback. It boggles my mind that coaches, most fans and the media continually skip past this point.

Anyway, back on point, young Luke was very impressive today as where most of the team. He did his job like a seasoned halfback and controlled the Dragons. Cant wait to see him win the title for the 20's, get a thorough off season behind him and attack 2014.
Nobody can take anything away from Benji today, you cannot take anything away from him, but what we learnt is that he is only an enigma, and was never a football player. It also seemed apparent that he felt threatened thus stepped up, he took hit-ups like a prop, it was crazy... but you have to give him kudos. He was also allowed to chime into and out of the game without putting too much pressure on the rest of the squad.

No hate on Benji, he did a good job today mostly, but it wasnt that he had a halfback, it was because he wasnt in the halves. He has always been the player you have to hide in the squad, and not rely on, today highlighted it, and in a way I felt sorry that he bought into the media hype, never realising he was an addition to a set of halves, but never had the footballing brain to be one... Sheens babying ruined him.

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:09 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
stryker wrote:
Zaccachino wrote:Benji who?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No need for that mate.
Benji played well today and it is no coincidence that he did so when playing outside a proper halfback. It boggles my mind that coaches, most fans and the media continually skip past this point.

Anyway, back on point, young Luke was very impressive today as where most of the team. He did his job like a seasoned halfback and controlled the Dragons. Cant wait to see him win the title for the 20's, get a thorough off season behind him and attack 2014.
Nobody can take anything away from Benji today, you cannot take anything away from him, but what we learnt is that he is only an enigma, and was never a football player. It also seemed apparent that he felt threatened thus stepped up, he took hit-ups like a prop, it was crazy... but you have to give him kudos. He was also allowed to chime into and out of the game without putting too much pressure on the rest of the squad.

No hate on Benji, he did a good job today mostly, but it wasnt that he had a halfback, it was because he wasnt in the halves. He has always been the player you have to hide in the squad, and not rely on, today highlighted it, and in a way I felt sorry that he bought into the media hype, never realising he was an addition to a set of halves, but never had the footballing brain to be one... Sheens babying ruined him.
This. Running has always been his strength, and his best game of the season is when he's put in a position with bugger all else to do other than run. Saints trying to pressure Brooks took pressure off him in defence as well, which helped.

Wests_05
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Wests_05 » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:10 pm

can't wait to see him in 2014!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:11 pm

Black'n'White wrote:He has always been the player you have to hide in the squad, and not rely on
I think that this is the key point. Benji is a player that for a few number of years could be your key player but that was for a very short period of time. The thing is those moments won us games.

I think that now he has slowed down a bit the poor plays vs good plays are just too far out of whack and you have to hide him for huge periods of the game. Ansata to me is just as bad.

Brooks will still make mistakes but he is on the way up and looks more complete a player.

galea#11
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun 02 Aug, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by galea#11 » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:17 pm

the best thing is like top halves he made other players look better then they are .
joey made the knights backline look like champions
tod carney makes the sharks backline look decent.

Mick potter has a lot of youth to work with imagine these players in there mid 20's and how we try and hold on to them

User avatar
kingbeej
Member
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri 02 Aug, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by kingbeej » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:25 pm

Ashton Agar has some competition

tiger pom
Member
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri 02 Dec, 2011 3:38 am

Post by tiger pom » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:46 pm

That was awesome and the season that has been long and hard suddenly looks a lot brighter with not just Luke Brooks but all our other promising youngsters coming through.With Robbie Farah and Aaron Woods to return my optimism is back for 2014.

Post Reply