Luke Brooks

ImageImageImage
Eddie

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Eddie » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:50 pm

What a great debut. He has got it all. After a tough couple of years this is a real highlight for me. It gives the place a real lift, and some real hope for the future.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:00 pm

It's a great feeling watching a young bloke come into grade and do it as well as what he did. They can take away the shoulder charge, they can take away the biff, but they can't take away the absolute feeling of awe you get from witnessing players like that play the game. Well done Luke Brooks

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:06 pm

stryker wrote:
Zaccachino wrote:Benji who?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
No need for that mate.
Benji played well today and it is no coincidence that he did so when playing outside a proper halfback. It boggles my mind that coaches, most fans and the media continually skip past this

Benji always plays better when he has a halfback in the team. Sadly, we only had a half decent one for two years since Prince went north. I seem to remember a Golden boot award and couple of good seasons when we were only a sniff away from another GF. Our former coach persisted in trying to turn him into something that he was never going to be.

What we needed all that time was on display today in Luke. A good all round performance on debut. I was glad that Farah did not play today, as having too many chiefs may not have let Brooks take control on debut.

I would have been happy for him have another off season under his belt before his debut, as he always had the goods to play first grade. Having said that, I am glad that he did as it will be a positive for the club in the media over the coming days after the month from hell, and take a little pressure off Harry.

Erin19

Post by Erin19 » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:31 pm

wtigers wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Brooks can only play against a team not in contention for the semi finals.
If the Bunnies are certainties for the finals, can he play them?

I don't think so because it would still affect where the Bunnies actually come in the 8 and therefore who they play in the finals. Would be awesome if he could play though, he was brilliant today!

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:44 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
tigerbalm wrote:It's a shame we now have to wait till "14 to see how he goes against quality. Still good signs ahead though.

He may get to play in round 26 vs Nth Qld, but he won't get a game against Souths. Just shows how much in need of an overhaul the salary cap is.

I hope he doesn't play...I like watching him and Moses carve up in the 20s. The NYC team has a lot of potential.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:46 pm

No it just goes to show that Potter needs to be better at managing his roster. Playing Akaoula and Farlow for one game each was stupid.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:14 pm

formerguest wrote:
stryker wrote:

No need for that mate.
Benji played well today and it is no coincidence that he did so when playing outside a proper halfback. It boggles my mind that coaches, most fans and the media continually skip past this

Benji always plays better when he has a halfback in the team. Sadly, we only had a half decent one for two years since Prince went north. I seem to remember a Golden boot award and couple of good seasons when we were only a sniff away from another GF. Our former coach persisted in trying to turn him into something that he was never going to be.

What we needed all that time was on display today in Luke. A good all round performance on debut. I was glad that Farah did not play today, as having too many chiefs may not have let Brooks take control on debut.

I would have been happy for him have another off season under his belt before his debut, as he always had the goods to play first grade. Having said that, I am glad that he did as it will be a positive for the club in the media over the coming days after the month from hell, and take a little pressure off Harry.
Disagree...what we saw today was a competent no.7 and Benji nowhere near the halves, no kicking, no playmaking. He is a free radicle. Benji didnt need a partner in the halves, he needed not to be one. It is very sad a coach was able to shackle and stunt a player, even sadder that said player believed it.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:41 pm

I had to laugh at Brooks comments post match when asked about the pace of the game and he said its a bit of 20's and Nsw cup mixed together, obviously he didn't struggle overly with the speed. Although it was good it was only saints nice for him to just ease in.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:44 pm

Also feels good not to be reading about the turmoil in the club the board ect actually looking forward to the papers tomorrow.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:48 pm

southerntiger wrote:No it just goes to show that Potter needs to be better at managing his roster. Playing Akaoula and Farlow for one game each was stupid.

At the time it was a good decision. There was no one else to play then. Brown wasn't an option, he wasn't making as big a headway as he has since.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 11:16 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:No it just goes to show that Potter needs to be better at managing his roster. Playing Akaoula and Farlow for one game each was stupid.

At the time it was a good decision. There was no one else to play then. Brown wasn't an option, he wasn't making as big a headway as he has since.
Yeh...easy with hindsight I guess.
Until theyre given a run in the top grade you never know....I remember Akoula played well in the trials I think & many called for him to be given a run

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 2:32 am

I totally disagree. You don't know how a player handles first grade until they get the opportunity. And Akaoula played fairly well from memory and Farlow had a good crack too.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 2:33 am

On Brooks, what an extremely impressive debut from the young man. He looks like he belongs on a first grade football field. I don't know how to compliment him more other to say its the best debut in a Tigers jersey I've seen, including Benji himself.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 6:23 am

Black'n'White wrote:
formerguest wrote:
stryker wrote:

No need for that mate.

Disagree...what we saw today was a competent no.7 and Benji nowhere near the halves, no kicking, no playmaking. He is a free radicle. Benji didnt need a partner in the halves, he needed not to be one. It is very sad a coach was able to shackle and stunt a player, even sadder that said player believed it.
Well said B&W. I know this isn't yet another Benji thread but this is what really makes me sad about Benji leaving.
"Quality Stupidity"

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:41 am

Very well done. Can't wait to see more

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 8:27 am

wow how good did brooks look but remember if your forwards don't play well your half will look bad.

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 8:35 am

I feel like watching the game again just to see Brooks play again and again and again.
Tigersman since 2013!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 8:36 am

Peaches wrote:

I totally disagree. You don't know how a player handles first grade until they get the opportunity. And Akaoula played fairly well from memory and Farlow had a good crack too.

Thats my point. They played well and we never saw them again. It was just a a waste of our second tier cap.

Akaoula's was the worst given it wasnt forced by injuries.