The Men In The Arena

ImageImageImage
Roosterman

The Men In The Arena

Post by Roosterman » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:13 pm

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong men stumble, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the men who are actually in the arena, whose faces are marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if they fail, at least fail while daring greatly, so that there place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Saw this and thought of my friends here at the Tigpies forum, thought id edit it abit and post it for you all as you saw today that there is a light shining , it may be faint but its there.
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

Gray

Post by Gray » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:24 pm

Good find mate! Where's it from?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Roosterman

Post by Roosterman » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:27 pm

Gray wrote:Good find mate! Where's it from?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

its a quote from Theodore Roosevelt
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:47 pm

Good quote but I'm going to criticise anyway.