What did we learn today?

ImageImageImage
gallagher

Re: What did we learn today?

Post by gallagher » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:17 am

Newtown wrote:Farah has to stop overdoing his control of play. We now have a number of half back/five eight combinations (Austin/Brooks, Brooks/Moses, Brooks/Anasta, Moltzen Brooks) who are very capable of taking on these reponsibilities to make the team a very potent attacking force in 2014. It would not hurt to sign up another capable young prop/second rower.
Agree. Will Farah allow Brooks to run the team? I think next year Farah will need to fit in with the team rather than the team fitting into his style as has happened in the past.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 12:49 pm

gallagher wrote:
Newtown wrote:Farah has to stop overdoing his control of play. We now have a number of half back/five eight combinations (Austin/Brooks, Brooks/Moses, Brooks/Anasta, Moltzen Brooks) who are very capable of taking on these reponsibilities to make the team a very potent attacking force in 2014. It would not hurt to sign up another capable young prop/second rower.
Agree. Will Farah allow Brooks to run the team? I think next year Farah will need to fit in with the team rather than the team fitting into his style as has happened in the past.
What is this nonsense about Farah not letting people run the team? It's obvious when you play with Benji Marshall and no halfback that sometimes he will put in and other times you have to take on the responsibility yourself because Benji is having a bludge.

Just look at SOO - Farah played a calm hand for the first 60 minutes of games 2 and 3 and only took on more ball when it was clear that Pearce and Maloney were not going to deliver any decent attack.

I think this slight on Robbie Farah being too domineering is unfounded - not because I want to defend the guy's personality, but because of what I actually see on the field 80 mins every week and not some fantasy off-field soap opera.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:57 pm

The club has a very good forward pack. The sooner players believe this, the better.

It has happened on a couple of occasions this season, when we play direct and through the middle, we do dominate most forward packs.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 5:29 pm

I really like the look of Siro in the back row. He's our next Simon Dwyer.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 6:01 pm

Stripes96 wrote:I really like the look of Siro in the back row. He's our next Simon Dwyer.
Hopefully without the terrible injury

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:56 pm

LaT wrote:I'll admit I didn't think Benji would go well at centre....although not sure you can chalk up his game purely to a positional move. His attitude and effort were both much improved which I reckon was a bigger factor.
Almost as of he was competing with Brooks?