What did we learn today?

ImageImageImage
Ken Y
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

What did we learn today?

Post by Ken Y » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:17 pm

1) Luke Brooks will never wear the no. 20 Jersey again in his career and Peter Wynn has already ordered an extra 10000 No.7's for next year

2) Siro is one hell of a second rower in the making. His days of playing 6/7 are now behind him

3) Blair is our new Payten. Don't expect huge metres - But expect him to pass close to the line and be creative

4) TIM SHEEN'S killed B. Marshall's career. This guy was always a ball runner who could throw a pass if needed.

5) Anasta will be around next year to guide our young crop of halves around.

Geez a win changes how we feel very quickly
Quality over quantity....

Roosterman

Post by Roosterman » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:25 pm

6) Roosterman should post in the Live game thread every week

7) Discard 5 if you want a good 2014
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:36 pm

I don't want Anasta there at all. I think Sirro is great. I think we need a dominant forward pack to win games consistently.

I still think we can get rolled over and we need to fix that.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:39 pm

We also learned you need a good halfback to have any chance in the NRL.

Well I suppose we already knew that, it just got emphasized in capitals today.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:39 pm

That a real halfback calling the shots makes all the difference to a team - pity it's taken 7 seasons to learn this!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:42 pm

8) Benji & Brooks would have been a killer combo. Brooks taking control and Benji chiming in whenever he pleases would have been one of the best combos going around. It's a shame Benji could never have a proper halfback alongside him after Prince left.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 5:46 pm

stevetiger wrote:I don't want Anasta there at all. I think Sirro is great. I think we need a dominant forward pack to win games consistently.

I still think we can get rolled over and we need to fix that.
Agree, we looked better when brooks had the kicking duties. No need for Anasta altho he tried hard today.

Very excited about our future from today's game. And all that without woodsy & our captain!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

sameulcon

Post by sameulcon » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:41 pm

I learnt that when Blair gets replaced we lose the middle of the ruck. Not the 1st time this season this has happened.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:44 pm

sameulcon wrote:I learnt that when Blair gets replaced we lose the middle of the ruck. Not the 1st time this season this has happened.
Yep. Never understood why others dont see this. He can be criticised from some things but he also does a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

JPPretzel

Post by JPPretzel » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:56 pm

excellent post and comments....

brooks was outstanding and really gave direction...siro great in second rower, no need to shift him back to the halves the last few weeks he was proved his worth..

i called for this about 3 months ago to play benji at full back or centre and just get him to run and get him re aquatinted with the fundamentals. We need to remember he debuted as a full back and in 2004 started out playing centre. Today i saw about 6 of his trade mark hop steps...i havent seen him do a single one for the last 3-4 years. I bet a lot of our benji haters on the forum would view things differently if he had stuck around as a centre/ full back and purely ran etc..

id like to also add #9

#9 - Murdoch Masilla has been unleashed, he has been terrific for the last month and today for mine was the best game of his career, strong charges and pure aggression!

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 7:59 pm

I'll admit I didn't think Benji would go well at centre....although not sure you can chalk up his game purely to a positional move. His attitude and effort were both much improved which I reckon was a bigger factor.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:00 pm

What I learnt today is that next yrs squad is alot stronger than this years, if not stronger, has alot more ticker.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:05 pm

We have to put it into context the opposition weren't top class. However you can only play what's before you. Young Brooks does give me hope but I never felt comfortable in the last 20 minutes even though we were leading by so far. Great win, great day, will go to bed happy, but not convinced we are in for a big year in 2014. But we live in hope !

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:11 pm

sameulcon wrote:I learnt that when Blair gets replaced we lose the middle of the ruck. Not the 1st time this season this has happened.

I can't believe some on this forum are still bagging him today. Last week against the Chooks was the best example, we bled profusely through the middle when he was off and only got back into the game when he returned, but by then we had been flogged.

Whilst he had not been setting the world on fire last year or earlier this season, once the COACH gave him the role that he should always have had, he has been our glue. Statistics only tell half the story, his work off the ball is far superior to any of our other forwards, along with speed of playing the ball.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:17 pm

formerguest wrote:

I can't believe some on this forum are still bagging him today. Last week against the Chooks was the best example, we bled profusely through the middle when he was off and only got back into the game when he returned, but by then we had been flogged.

Whilst he had not been setting the world on fire last year or earlier this season, once the COACH gave him the role that he should always have had, he has been our glue. Statistics only tell half the story, his work off the ball is far superior to any of our other forwards, along with speed of playing the ball.
there is no like button anymore, so this is just formality in re-enforcing the knowledge you are laying down.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:24 pm

I think it showed we can play like a proper football team with flashes of brilliance rather then the all or nothing machine we had become

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:24 pm

1. We have a gun fullback
2. We have a gun Halfback and we are starting to see a great side for years to come.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:09 pm

1. We have a brilliant Halfback who can create something out of nothing.
2. We have a bright future.
3. Nathan Brown needs time in State Cup.
4. Benji Marshall is not a 5/8 anymore.
5. David Nofoaluama needs to get more ball.
6. Luke Brooks has a magnificent passing game...
7. Luke Brooks has a bloody great kicking game..
8. Our forwards can dominate.
9. Tim Sheens is an idiot keeping Tim Simona in NSW Cup.
10. BMM is a brilliant player.
11. Adam Blair is a good player and isn't worth what he is on but at least he performs.
12. We had no duds in our team.
13. Liam Fulton can give Farah a rest in games, covered hooker really well.
14. Ava Seamunafangi is a beast.
15. James Tedesco is great.