What did we learn today?

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Re: What did we learn today?

Post by Tigersman » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:22 pm

Milky wrote:1. We have a brilliant Halfback who can create something out of nothing.
2. We have a bright future.
3. Nathan Brown needs time in State Cup.
4. Benji Marshall is not a 5/8 anymore.
5. David Nofoaluama needs to get more ball.
6. Luke Brooks has a magnificent passing game...
7. Luke Brooks has a bloody great kicking game..
8. Our forwards can dominate.
9. Tim Sheens is an idiot keeping Tim Simona in NSW Cup.
10. BMM is a brilliant player.
11. Adam Blair is a good player and isn't worth what he is on but at least he performs.
12. We had no duds in our team.
13. Liam Fulton can give Farah a rest in games, covered hooker really well.
14. Ava Seamunafangi is a beast.
15. James Tedesco is great.
I agree with every thing you just said. IMO your best post ever (BM96 posts included)
Tigersman since 2013!


alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:26 pm

Tigersman wrote:
Milky wrote:1. We have a brilliant Halfback who can create something out of nothing.
2. We have a bright future.
3. Nathan Brown needs time in State Cup.
4. Benji Marshall is not a 5/8 anymore.
5. David Nofoaluama needs to get more ball.
6. Luke Brooks has a magnificent passing game...
7. Luke Brooks has a bloody great kicking game..
8. Our forwards can dominate.
9. Tim Sheens is an idiot keeping Tim Simona in NSW Cup.
10. BMM is a brilliant player.
11. Adam Blair is a good player and isn't worth what he is on but at least he performs.
12. We had no duds in our team.
13. Liam Fulton can give Farah a rest in games, covered hooker really well.
14. Ava Seamunafangi is a beast.
15. James Tedesco is great.
I agree with every thing you just said. IMO your best post ever (BM96 posts included)
I thought our forwards got rolled today...the dragqueens made too may easy yards...it was our offence that won the game for us....our D was very average

User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Post by Tigersman » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:29 pm

alexaki wrote:
Tigersman wrote:
Milky wrote:1. We have a brilliant Halfback who can create something out of nothing.
2. We have a bright future.
3. Nathan Brown needs time in State Cup.
4. Benji Marshall is not a 5/8 anymore.
5. David Nofoaluama needs to get more ball.
6. Luke Brooks has a magnificent passing game...
7. Luke Brooks has a bloody great kicking game..
8. Our forwards can dominate.
9. Tim Sheens is an idiot keeping Tim Simona in NSW Cup.
10. BMM is a brilliant player.
11. Adam Blair is a good player and isn't worth what he is on but at least he performs.
12. We had no duds in our team.
13. Liam Fulton can give Farah a rest in games, covered hooker really well.
14. Ava Seamunafangi is a beast.
15. James Tedesco is great.
I agree with every thing you just said. IMO your best post ever (BM96 posts included)
I thought our forwards got rolled today...the dragqueens made too may easy yards...it was our offence that won the game for us....our D was very average
He didn't say they dominated today he said they CAN dominate..... But you are right our D was crap today our A Brought us the win....
Tigersman since 2013!

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:48 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
formerguest wrote:
sameulcon wrote:I learnt that when Blair gets replaced we lose the middle of the ruck. Not the 1st time this season this has happened.

I can't believe some on this forum are still bagging him today. Last week against the Chooks was the best example, we bled profusely through the middle when he was off and only got back into the game when he returned, but by then we had been flogged.

Whilst he had not been setting the world on fire last year or earlier this season, once the COACH gave him the role that he should always have had, he has been our glue. Statistics only tell half the story, his work off the ball is far superior to any of our other forwards, along with speed of playing the ball.
there is no like button anymore, so this is just formality in re-enforcing the knowledge you are laying down.
Blair is doing everything that Gibbs used to do for us and more!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:01 am

1. We learnt Potter can make good decisions and is not as stubborn or as inflexible as Sheens. I hope he keeps his position for 2014 and he gets the support team around him that he wants.
2. The potential for a bright future for the club is there for all to see. Now we need a functional board to get the off-field stuff right.
3. We're going to have a forward pack that will command some respect - Ava, Jesse, Woodsy, Brown, Blair, LIam, BMM, Sirro ....
4. Luani and Fulton are both capable backup for Robbie
5. GIven the time and space that a good halfback creates, Tedesco is a gun fullback in the making
6. Simona and Nofa are great young talents and seem terrific kids as well.
7. We won't gain the tile of "wooden spooners" in 2013, despite how horrendous the year has been.


User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:22 am

Could be possible Saints made big metres at times because we had no RF making 45 - 50 tackles

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigerstoroar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed 18 May, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by tigerstoroar » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:40 am

Milky wrote:1. We have a brilliant Halfback who can create something out of nothing.
2. We have a bright future.
3. Nathan Brown needs time in State Cup.
4. Benji Marshall is not a 5/8 anymore.
5. David Nofoaluama needs to get more ball.
6. Luke Brooks has a magnificent passing game...
7. Luke Brooks has a bloody great kicking game..
8. Our forwards can dominate.
9. Tim Sheens is an idiot keeping Tim Simona in NSW Cup.
10. BMM is a brilliant player.
11. Adam Blair is a good player and isn't worth what he is on but at least he performs.
12. We had no duds in our team.
13. Liam Fulton can give Farah a rest in games, covered hooker really well.
14. Ava Seamunafangi is a beast.
15. James Tedesco is great.
P

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Luke Brooks

Post by Luke Brooks » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:09 am

I think we learnt that Luke will fill Robbies boots one day with the captaincy...he's a moral.

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4733
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: With the Groovy Ghoulies

Post by westTAHger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:14 am

that Tim Simona can break the oppositions heart at any time.
his quick acceleration is a blessing .
must admit I do enjoy watching him run the length of the field and score.
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Post by Tigersman » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:18 am

Luke Brooks wrote:I think we learnt that Luke will fill Robbies boots one day with the captaincy...he's a moral.
Omg it''s Luke Brooks, You were awesome yesterday man, I can't wait to see you in 2014. 2 try assists 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 2 tackle breaks, Forced 2 drop outs, scored a try and made 12 tackles when the norm for a half back is 6-8 tackles. All in Your first game of NRL not bad for a kid who was playing SG ball last year. Best debut i have seen in years . Luke Brooks for PM. I cannot wait to see your partner in crime (Moses) With you.
Last edited by Tigersman on Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigersman since 2013!

Luke Brooks

Post by Luke Brooks » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks.
Wait till I play a full 80
Just the (C) will do me, Gee I have to vote now too, boo to that
Beer tastes yuk btw

User avatar
Tigersman
Member
Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Canterbury,NSW,Australia

Post by Tigersman » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:25 am

westTAHger wrote:that Tim Simona can break the oppositions heart at any time.
his quick acceleration is a blessing .
must admit I do enjoy watching him run the length of the field and score.
Just imagine Koro on the other wing and Nofo their as well and Teddy is no slouch either. We will have the fastest Back 3 in the comp for 2014. and then we have Richards and Lawrence to give the back-line some experience And even Lote could be helpful next year in a mentoring role and he played pretty well yesterday for a guy who has played just 2 games in over a year.
Tigersman since 2013!

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2375
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:32 am

we have 4 big forwards to come into that side, woods, tapau, paterson and sue but i still we need to get more mongrol into our defence for next year, buts that for next year how good was it to win a game and flog the dragons, lives good.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2058
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:34 am

That ball control and good 6th tackle options help win you games

Oxygen
Member
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by Oxygen » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:43 am

Is we finally have a half back that will take the line on and put the defence in two minds as Brooks holds the ball with both hands.

Finally running straight instead of sideways something Potter has been trying to drill into them all season.

A awesome back row with BMM and young Sironen to lead the charge.

A much better 6th tackle option than the usual crap Farah and Marshall dish up.

We have a back line with speed to burn.

I still think we will not make the 8 next year but will be much better with 2015 a big year for the Tigers.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2058
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:47 am

top 8? we are minor premiership material....

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:48 am

Tigersman wrote:
westTAHger wrote:that Tim Simona can break the oppositions heart at any time.
his quick acceleration is a blessing .
must admit I do enjoy watching him run the length of the field and score.
Just imagine Koro on the other wing and Nofo their as well and Teddy is no slouch either. We will have the fastest Back 3 in the comp for 2014. and then we have Richards and Lawrence to give the back-line some experience And even Lote could be helpful next year in a mentoring role and he played pretty well yesterday for a guy who has played just 2 games in over a year.
How do you fit them all in ?

1. Tedesco
2. Koro
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Nofo

I assume that Richards will play as well but where do you put him ?

Lote at the moment still looks good as well but I don't think you can resign him because we have one too many outside backs. Maybe Lawrence can move into the forwards but that will leave someone else out plus I'm still a little concerned about our forwards. We still get rolled on occasions.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5526
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 9:54 am

Farah has to stop overdoing his control of play. We now have a number of half back/five eight combinations (Austin/Brooks, Brooks/Moses, Brooks/Anasta, Moltzen Brooks) who are very capable of taking on these reponsibilities to make the team a very potent attacking force in 2014. It would not hurt to sign up another capable young prop/second rower.

Post Reply