benji

ImageImageImage
mtd

benji

Post by mtd » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:56 pm

ive been so so critical of him and i think fairly so...

but today he showed us exactly why he should have been in another position other than 6 or 7 a long time ago....

hate sounding like gould, but it was laughed at when i suggested he play centre or fullback here previously... but it was by far his best game this year...

anyway, if he can finish the season off like this atleast he'll be applauded off in his final match for us...

ps brooks the boss

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:59 pm

I wouldn't credit a positional change with what happened. Effort, commitment, attitude and a decent halfback all played a bigger part in what went down.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:29 pm

they were no doubt factors LAT.

but shift of position was a much needed change which triggered him into playing differently..... a change a while ago..

if he was the 6 or 7 today without brooks there, he would have been same old benji...

no responsibility and the ability to just get in there and have a dig come back to positonal change.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:43 pm

yeah, I always thought moving him to center was a bad move. After today happy to concede it could have worked.
The responsibility of running the team removed seems to have helped Benji's float into the game and do what he does best, off the cuff attack

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 10:48 pm

I was surprised and pleased that he had a few runs, and set up that try

there was nothing stopping him taking the line on when he was wearing 6 or 7 on his back

most of all I'm just pleased we got a win, and that there are a few +ve memories of Benji in his last days with us