It will be interesting to see

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

It will be interesting to see

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:46 am

how Brooks and Robbie will co-exist...The kid can call the shots, that's for sure.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:22 am

Thats the big Q for me. It'll take some getting used too for Farah.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:24 am

think smith and cronk

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:30 am

larrycorowa wrote:think smith and cronk
Farah is a very different player to Smith.

Mind you I think this will be fine. With Marshall gone we will only have two playmakers. The problem for young halves have been when they are third wheel to a Marshall/Farah date night.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:30 am

Pfft.....Dont even mention Farah's name in the same sentence as those two.

Can only dream we had one of them to guide brooks

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:48 am

I actually think that this will be fantastic for Farah. He'll be able to sit back more and not have to run everything. It might take him a little while for that to become second nature but I think we'll see Farah go back to dominating the ruck, rather than having to run the ruck and the rest of the field and not being able to concentrate properly on any of them.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 10:52 am

softlaw wrote:I actually think that this will be fantastic for Farah. He'll be able to sit back more and not have to run everything. It might take him a little while for that to become second nature but I think we'll see Farah go back to dominating the ruck, rather than having to run the ruck and the rest of the field and not being able to concentrate properly on any of them.
Absolutely agree.

he has had to play 9/7/6 for years and this has taken away from his ruck play.

I think these two will compliment eachother nicely.

Couldnt help but notice the big smile on robbies face yesterday.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes it could be great for Farah but that depends on him. Id hate for Robbie to turn on Brooks the way he did Matt Head just because they are both left footers and Robbie didnt like it
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:21 pm

king sirro wrote:Yes it could be great for Farah but that depends on him. Id hate for Robbie to turn on Brooks the way he did Matt Head just because they are both left footers and Robbie didnt like it
This.

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:25 pm

Sure farah has improved his game throughout his career but I'm excited to see him go back to a role where he isn't the 'star' and where teams will forget about him and you will see better decisions from him. If nothing's on this year he would using try and kick or do all the work but now with the brooks option it can only benefit his game. We do need a long distance kicker probably why Anasta will stay.

Adding brooks in on the weekend will only benefit. Farah saw how good the kid is and will use him and has probably gained the respect brooks needs to control a team.

ball main

Post by ball main » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:26 pm

Majere77 wrote:

Can only dream we had one of them to guide brooks
Easy champ.make sure you don't spit up. Farahs been playing 3 positions his whole career. I would love smith to have played with our previous half backs.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:48 pm

So would have I. We would have won the comp. Far and away the best football brain I have ever seen.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:05 pm

king sirro wrote:Yes it could be great for Farah but that depends on him. Id hate for Robbie to turn on Brooks the way he did Matt Head just because they are both left footers and Robbie didnt like it
I was thinking something similar during yesterday's match, whilst my thoughts weren't as dark as yours, we will need a decent right boot in the halves next year.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:06 pm

southerntiger wrote:So would have I. We would have won the comp. Far and away the best football brain I have ever seen.

Not only the best football brain but also the best temperament.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:08 pm

southerntiger wrote:So would have I. We would have won the comp. Far and away the best football brain I have ever seen.

I'm not so sure about that. Smith is a fine player, no doubt, but he has had the luxury of playing in great teams.

I often wonder how their careers would have developed if Robbie Farah had been born in Brisbane and Cameron Smith was a Balmain junior; ie, if Smith played for WT and NSW and Robbie played for the Storm and Qld.

Would Smith still be regarded as the best player in the game if he was playing in a team without a half-back and in a pack that is regularly dominated?

crusader

Post by crusader » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:11 pm

Majere77 wrote:

Can only dream we had one of them to guide brooks[/quote

Swap smith and farah from their corresponding teams and history would tell a different story. Smith has had;
Storm: multiple grand finals, Cronk, slater, inglis, Bellamy etc, etc
QLD: 8 series winning champions, enough said
Australia : best players in the world around him

Robbie has had ;
Morris, head, fitzhenry, Fulton, Laurence , lui, benji, etc, etc

Cam smith or Robbie farah????
I'll take farah thanks

kingbeej

Post by kingbeej » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:25 pm

pattyferg wrote:Sure farah has improved his game throughout his career but I'm excited to see him go back to a role where he isn't the 'star' and where teams will forget about him and you will see better decisions from him. If nothing's on this year he would using try and kick or do all the work but now with the brooks option it can only benefit his game. We do need a long distance kicker probably why Anasta will stay.

Adding brooks in on the weekend will only benefit. Farah saw how good the kid is and will use him and has probably gained the respect brooks needs to control a team.

Please. One of brooks big strengths is his long kicking games with a multitude of 40/20s in the NYC this year and his 55m on-the-fly drop out on the weekend as opposed to Anasta's rubbish drop outs and generally an ordinary kicking game