Ted's critics

ImageImageImage
pattyferg

Ted's critics

Post by pattyferg » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:50 pm

Agree I was a bit iffy about teddy but always thought he was the man for the job. Said it before and say it again FINALLY A SAFE UNDER THE HIGH BALL FULLBACK. I don't s*** myself when the ball goes up anymore haha.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:52 pm

smeghead wrote:Makes all the excuses peddled out for that metal skulled mongoloid Moltzen 18 months after a reco seem pretty hollow seeing Teddy this season

Metal skulled mongoloid?

I'm not a moltzen fan but that's pretty unnecessary mate.

Especially from a mod.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:54 pm

I appreciate alliteration

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:58 pm

People are saying his critics have acknowledged his great form, yet i'm yet too see a couple in particular say a word.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:03 pm

Didn't we have this same thread after last week's game? Talk about :deadhorse:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:03 pm

he is only 20 as well. gee i can't wait til he gets a few seasons under his belt

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:14 pm

My problem with the critics is that it was clear he was coming back from a long term injury. The critics failed to take that into account despite everyone raising it. The kid played half a season of NYC and 30 mins of first grade before this season. How people didnt think he would improve as the year went in blew me away.

Phoenixtigers18

Post by Phoenixtigers18 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:15 pm

Majere77 wrote:
smeghead wrote:Makes all the excuses peddled out for that metal skulled mongoloid Moltzen 18 months after a reco seem pretty hollow seeing Teddy this season

Metal skulled mongoloid?

I'm not a moltzen fan but that's pretty unnecessary mate.

Especially from a mod.
I agree he cops a rough deal timmy. I know he has a dream job but he worked hard to get there and now has had some rotten luck. I really feel for the bloke and from all reports he is a great type of bloke. You don't have to like him but to drag him into a thread that is nothing about him is just poor form, something your obviously up him for!!!!!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:48 pm

Fast developing into a Dugan clone, without the woeful tats or dangerously low IQ.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:35 am

stryker wrote:Give yourself an uppercut you idiots. His game has improved out of sight and everyone who thought he was struggling early on in the year have acknowledged his play since he has felt comfortable being a first grader and are along for the ride. He is no longer slipping over, he is busting tackles and is backing up in the middle. 3 things he wasnt doing back then.

No-one wants bad for the kid. We are all happy he is playing well. I would suggest Southern, that those praising him at the start of the year know less than your daughter. Wake up to yourself.
agree with the thoughts, not with the language.

what was the point in creating the same thread again another week?
this thread could easily have been "well played tedesco" instead due to the OP turned into "i was right, you were wrong" thread.

anyway, well played tedesco. he's showing the potential we all knew was there. still needs to work on defense and a little more on support play but otherwise considering the experience he has atm- he's above most kids his age.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:37 am

southerntiger wrote:My problem with the critics is that it was clear he was coming back from a long term injury. The critics failed to take that into account despite everyone raising it. The kid played half a season of NYC and 30 mins of first grade before this season. How people didnt think he would improve as the year went in blew me away.

other than a couple of people who loved moltz, i've never seen anyone say "aah tedesco is crap, he's s***" etc.
you will always find a couple of people like this everywhere.

anyone who criticises is only noticing things that he needs to work on. just because you criticise doesn't mean you are saying they're crap.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 2:14 am

There have been plenty on here that have critised Tedesco unfairly. MTD even started a thread deliberately misspelling Tedesco's name numerous times on purpose.

James Tedesco is starting to show his old under20's form in the top grade and the club should look to quickly resign him long term while his still under the radar because next year he is only going to get better.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 6:57 am

He was greats again last night to be honest IMO he outplayed his opposite number and when that is Greg inglis that is saying something. He ran hard, backed up, always safe, great defence , great try and busted a lot of tackles

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 7:16 am

Was Teddy playing like crap early season ! Dropped balls, slipping over every run before hitting defence, missing tackles.....The criticism was justified.
Fast forward 6 months and what you see is a competent 1st grade player making try saving tackles ,making breaks and staying upright and taking all he high balls thrown at him...Teddy is living up to the hype that preceded him congratulations . But the criticism was warranted at the time ,am very happy for the young man well done.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:24 am

Tedesco is currently playing much better footy. He is quite elusive. I would like to see him involve himself more in attack but I think that will improve as time goes on. He was a bit up and down earlier in the season but is growing in performance with his confidence.

By the way are we going to have a topic on Tedesco after every match from now on? It seems he can't have a poor match and it not be discussed but everyone else can.

Roysta59

Post by Roysta59 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:17 am

He has had an injury (broken bone in his leg I think) for most of the year. He is one tough kid "the pain of playing with a leg fracture is more bearable than not playing at all"
He is super courageous given his he small for NRL current fullbacks. His last line defence is brilliant, positioning is getting better and good under the high ball. They say he is 93kg but looks a lot smaller.
Cant wait for him to play in a team with forwards taking us forward. He is always supporting the forwards just none are great offloaders in traffic.
He will (if he continues the way his going and barring injury) will become a great nrl player. He has some awesome fullbacks ahead of him for rep jerseys but this kid is impressive.
He is only 20 with around 18 first grade games.

kingbeej

Post by kingbeej » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:24 am

Can anyone else see similarities with minichello?

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:38 am

I wasn't convinced earlier on that he would ever be anything but average and I said so on here. I think it was his slipping and sliding that put me off him. However, he has proven himself to be a much better player than I gave him credit for. When he plays in a more structured side (next year) he will continue to develop and improve his skills. I am always happy to give our players credit when it is due. Well done Teddy....