Ted's critics

ImageImageImage
Yossarian

Re: Ted's critics

Post by Yossarian » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:48 am

Who'd have thought a talented inexperienced player would benefit from game time??

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:49 am

Snake wrote:Was Teddy playing like crap early season ! Dropped balls, slipping over every run before hitting defence, missing tackles.....The criticism was justified.
Fast forward 6 months and what you see is a competent 1st grade player making try saving tackles ,making breaks and staying upright and taking all he high balls thrown at him...Teddy is living up to the hype that preceded him congratulations . But the criticism was warranted at the time ,am very happy for the young man well done.
He wasn't playing crap..he just wasn't playing like a superstar.
He was playing like someone who was coming back from a serious kneee injury. Moltzen was give 18 months worth of excuses after his ACL yet Tedesco was supposed to resume his old form after 2 games.

Tedesco is 20 years of age and was playing well enough to be selected for the City team. Potter said he has an aura about him which would indicate the coach and management have a very high opinion of him.

David Nofaluma has not been in the same form as the beginning of the season yet I see no anti Nofaluma thread. It shows a lack of intelligence to believe that all 20 year olds will play top games every week in their rookie years in the NRL.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:15 pm

I think Nofo's been consistently good

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:48 pm

I think all the young guys are still going ok except for Buchanan. I think big Jack is starting to feel the affects of a long season. A lot was asked of him early on. He'll be another much better off in 2014.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Where are they? he's been killing it for the last month and was about our best again tonight.

Going to finally give the kid some credit or what?
I've had wraps on him for the past few years and he's just getting better as the season goes on. Looking forward to seeing what he can do behind a revitalised side next season. Exciting times ahead IMO.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:57 pm

kingbeej wrote:Can anyone else see similarities with minichello?
I don't see the similarities between him and Mini, I see him more in the Dugan mold.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think all the young guys are still going ok except for Buchanan. I think big Jack is starting to feel the affects of a long season. A lot was asked of him early on. He'll be another much better off in 2014.
Can't fault his effort though. He has a fair way to go in the offensive department but he didn't miss a tackle last night. Sort of reminds me of a young Bryce Gibbs in so far as he is a good defender, but doesn't make many metres in attack. I have no doubt Buchanan will be a better, stronger player next season though, he's very fit and has the right attitude.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 1:00 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think all the young guys are still going ok except for Buchanan. I think big Jack is starting to feel the affects of a long season. A lot was asked of him early on. He'll be another much better off in 2014.
I think if you asked Potter preseason how many games Bukes would play this year he would say somewhere between 10-15, but I think injuries have forced Potter into making him a regular fixture in the side. He's done alright considering he's been forced to play above his years.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 1:05 pm

I saw what a lot of others did when watching him in the U20s. A talented young player who also had a great attitude! Quite simply, he wanted it more than a lot of other players on the field. He was always going to make it if he kept that up.

And it will only get better as he matures and further improves his strength.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 1:06 pm

I thought he looked like Mini when running, only my opinion though.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 4:56 pm

southerntiger wrote:I dont like using this line but anybody who has criticised Teddy this year knows less about football than my 3 year old daughter.

He has been good all year and great the last month. Good is fine for a guy coming back from one of thhe toughest injuries in the game.

I could write a lot about what you have stated, however, I will just say that you are a goose.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 5:22 pm

magpiecol wrote:
southerntiger wrote:I dont like using this line but anybody who has criticised Teddy this year knows less about football than my 3 year old daughter.

He has been good all year and great the last month. Good is fine for a guy coming back from one of thhe toughest injuries in the game.

I could write a lot about what you have stated, however, I will just say that you are a goose.
Nice response.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 5:29 pm

issue is people on forums like to label all players as bums or stars.
Truth is usually some where in between.
Tedesco is a talented kid finding his way in the NRL, and IMO doing a pretty good job, naturally with areas for improvement.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 5:45 pm

magpiecol wrote:

The only goose is you Col.....How's your mate Mullaney going now ?

monkey

Post by monkey » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:11 pm

I think he has more heart and talent and he poops all over moltzen

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 12:10 am

Fumbles wrote:
Snake wrote:Was Teddy playing like crap early season ! Dropped balls, slipping over every run before hitting defence, missing tackles.....The criticism was justified.
Fast forward 6 months and what you see is a competent 1st grade player making try saving tackles ,making breaks and staying upright and taking all he high balls thrown at him...Teddy is living up to the hype that preceded him congratulations . But the criticism was warranted at the time ,am very happy for the young man well done.
He wasn't playing crap..he just wasn't playing like a superstar.
He was playing like someone who was coming back from a serious kneee injury. Moltzen was give 18 months worth of excuses after his ACL yet Tedesco was supposed to resume his old form after 2 games.

Tedesco is 20 years of age and was playing well enough to be selected for the City team. Potter said he has an aura about him which would indicate the coach and management have a very high opinion of him.

David Nofaluma has not been in the same form as the beginning of the season yet I see no anti Nofaluma thread. It shows a lack of intelligence to believe that all 20 year olds will play top games every week in their rookie years in the NRL.
Nofa was our 2nd best player last night imo, consistently looked dangerous and broke the first tackle almost every time as well as a few vital dummy-half runs. Keep in mind he's played his whole first grade career with a weak/injured/strapped knee.

He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 8:18 am

Fullbacks are often exposed to criticism because of their precarious position at the back, wingers not so much

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 9:11 am

stryker wrote:Give yourself an uppercut you idiots. His game has improved out of sight and everyone who thought he was struggling early on in the year have acknowledged his play since he has felt comfortable being a first grader and are along for the ride. He is no longer slipping over, he is busting tackles and is backing up in the middle. 3 things he wasnt doing back then.

No-one wants bad for the kid. We are all happy he is playing well. I would suggest Southern, that those praising him at the start of the year know less than your daughter. Wake up to yourself.
I've been stating that I really liked his effort but he needed to really do something more in attack. He has been doing that and I think he looks great.

I don't get the hypersensitivity to any criticism of players. Tedesco needed to do more if he wanted to retain that jumper longer term and he has been doing more. I'm stoked for the kid.