Very Happy But Very Angry

ImageImageImage
Blackpearl

Re: Very Happy But Very Angry

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 1:41 pm

king sirro wrote:I HATE souths too and hope they lose 2 straight finals matches and bow out
x 2 ... and hopefully wait another 40 years as well

cannot stand rabbitohscum !!
I dislike sowfs immensely

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 12:05 pm

There is that media idea "if Souths are doing well, rugby league is doing well". Same kind of tripe about Tigers being "the entertainers", Doggies and "bash brothers" etc. Sometimes when an idea takes hold in general footy press it sticks for a long time.

And I believe that is what the Souths club does, they push the line about pride, passion, history, working-class etc. I have no problems with that, each club needs it's brand and it obviously works for Souths with their terrific membership numbers.

I live in south Sydney and I have to say the myriad of Souths supporters I know are actually quite humble. This is bred out of many many years of poor performances, ordinary retention, average management. In many ways, if the old Tigers and Magpies are brothers, then I consider Souths a bit like our cousins. It's easy to forget that they were kicked from the comp - their own fault in my opinion - but they certainly do not have a recent history of media favour.

So Souths are getting their moment in the sun these past two seasons. We had the same thing 2005/6 and 2010/11 and the media bandwagon jumped on our feel-good story too. No troubles for me, I'd be happy to see Souths make the GF.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 12:56 pm

Had to laugh at the souths supporters behind me at the game. At the start, a couple of them were commenting on there being 2 referees, as if it was some sort of new thing. Then when the tigers were up in the early stages, they kept going on with "They're celebrating like they've won the game". Then they were going off their brains when they hit the lead, celebrating like they'd won the grand final, when really they beat one of the worst teams in the comp.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

piquet339

Post by piquet339 » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 2:03 pm

shane2801 wrote:I can't believe the hatred I have for Souths. I hate them more than Manly. There I said it. I hate the Burgess brothers, I hate their mum. I hate Russell Crowe and I hate that idiot with the "Blood Passion Pride" sign.
I hate Merritt and I hate that fat old bearded Souths supporter that always makes it on tv. Have a bath you grub.
I hate Reynolds and I hate Sutton & his overbite.I hate Dylan Farrell and I hate Luke.

We played very well and it gives me hope for a better 2014. I have been Marshall's biggest critic on here over the past couple of years but I am now left thinking why is he playing better now? It really angers me. Standouts tonight was our whole side.
Lets see more in 2014.

HATE SOUTHS!!!!
Haha I thought I was the only one. I also hate the fact that they were reinstated into league given other teams bit the bullet and merged. What makes them so special?
"Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his original ideas closer together."
- Georg Lichtenberg (1742-1799)

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 2:03 pm

I think there'd be a lot of teams studying that opening 15 minutes against us...

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 2:20 pm

Used to like Souths because they were always the underdogs. Now they have made it to the top and won't shut up. It would be a nice story to see them win the GF, but their fans would never SHUT THE **** UP if they did.

Also, if you were trying to sell the game to somebody, Souths would be the last club you would think of representing RL. They are the Collingwood of NRL, with most of their supporters sporting, on average, 23 teeth, next to no knowledge of NRL outside of their own team (a lot of them even struggle to name their own players) and a large number of speech impediments.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

piquet339

Post by piquet339 » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 2:22 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Used to like Souths because they were always the underdogs. Now they have made it to the top and won't shut up. It would be a nice story to see them win the GF, but their fans would never SHUT THE **** UP if they did.

Also, if you were trying to sell the game to somebody, Souths would be the last club you would think of representing RL. They are the Collingwood of NRL, with most of their supporters sporting, on average, 23 teeth, next to no knowledge of NRL outside of their own team (a lot of them even struggle to name their own players) and a large number of speech impediments.
+ track marks...
"Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his original ideas closer together."
- Georg Lichtenberg (1742-1799)

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 6:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:There is that media idea "if Souths are doing well, rugby league is doing well". Same kind of tripe about Tigers being "the entertainers", Doggies and "bash brothers" etc. Sometimes when an idea takes hold in general footy press it sticks for a long time.

And I believe that is what the Souths club does, they push the line about pride, passion, history, working-class etc. I have no problems with that, each club needs it's brand and it obviously works for Souths with their terrific membership numbers.

I live in south Sydney and I have to say the myriad of Souths supporters I know are actually quite humble. This is bred out of many many years of poor performances, ordinary retention, average management. In many ways, if the old Tigers and Magpies are brothers, then I consider Souths a bit like our cousins. It's easy to forget that they were kicked from the comp - their own fault in my opinion - but they certainly do not have a recent history of media favour.

So Souths are getting their moment in the sun these past two seasons. We had the same thing 2005/6 and 2010/11 and the media bandwagon jumped on our feel-good story too. No troubles for me, I'd be happy to see Souths make the GF.

Good post, Jirskyr. Souths are easily the greatest supported team up here on the coast (not just this year either) and most of the fans I know are great people and, as you say, quite humble. I wouldn't mind seeing them win the comp specifically for a couple of avid supporters I know, one of whom is a 97 year old lady. I'm sure she'd love to see them win another GF before she departs this earth.

Even though they've won the most comps, it's been a long time between drinks for Souths fans, with all those bog ordinary years you mention above, culminating in being kicked out of the comp. I actually admired the way the club and the fans fought to get them back in and sometimes wish my old Magpies could have done the same. I will definitely be supporting them in the finals. I know the media BS will be painful, but I'm sure everyone (bar Tigers' supporters) thought the same when we won in 2005.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen