Nausiating

ImageImageImage
Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Nausiating

Post by Stripes96 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:40 pm

It was annoying, no doubt, but what annoyed me most was the freaking ten minute interview with the four blokes before the game, and the constant showing of Souths replays throughout the pre-game.

And then comes the "oh yeah, almost forgot, it's a tigers home game and some guys have got milestones or something."

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:41 pm

Flippedy wrote:
smeghead wrote:Why did they interview the slapper after the siren.
For God's sake, Smeg - she's a decent lady who has done a great job bringing up these boys, practically on her own. She has every right to be proud of her sons and doesn't deserve to be called a slapper - Jesus! Be ticked off at the Channel 9 coverage if you like, but lay off someone who is just being a happy mum.
Well said Flippedy!

On the actual point of this post, I've got a mate living overseas who gets the raw telecast through whatever the nrl overseas broadcast arrangement is. Supposedly they showed the actual life membership presentation to Benji and he was in tears for the whole thing. They also showed his entire lap around the field after that - with no commentary. Basically they just left the cameras rolling on Benji while the Aus ch9 coverage cut to knights/broncs. This is what he saw:
"We got benjis entire lap of hoour...about 5 mins without any commentary
It was interesting he stopped for everyone and all the kids...but one hard core bloke dressed as tiger benji seemed to tell off a bit. Maybe the bloke had verballed him all year?"

Would have been really good if we'd been able to see that.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:44 pm

If they weren't playing us, then I dead set wouldn't have had a clue who they were playing until the sides ran out. They dead set didn't even mention us in the coverage until we were running out to start the game. Hopefully in a fortnight the Storm run riot against them, and Souths go out the door quickly in the finals.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:55 am

I thought it was pretty poor form by channel 9 too. Benji's a guy that Nine have made a motza off using his profile and to show such little regard for his milestone was just plain arrogant. I've been harsh on Benji at times this season but he deserved a lot better recognition last night. Nine should be ashamed of themselves. The stupid head producer's got no idea!?!?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 12:11 pm

You guys gotta learn to ignore this stuff. Ch 9 have always played "A Current Affair" where they can. They do the same rubbish for Origin - the Gould pre-game rev-up, Kenny Sutcliffe "welcome to Origin".

Yeah the Burgess stuff sucked, so too the SBW inner-monologue at the start of the year. They are going to try to flair up their coverage wherever they can.

Do what I do - put it on mute until kickoff, go do the dishes at half-time, switch it off at the end. Unless we win of course, then leave it on and soak up the commentator fawning.