GI

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

GI

Post by Tiger_heart » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 9:52 pm

Great player, but much like Sheels as a coach, untouchable, even when he blatantly lays on the ground, or pretends to be hurt to get a penalty...Remeber the "wink"?

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:07 pm

Remember him beating his girlfriend? Not channel 9 who have him as their poster boy for the finals "sportsmanship" "mateship" blah blah "domestic violence". That ad is the height of untouchable.

Correction - he only hit her to stop her hurting herself. Silly her.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:09 pm

tiger-stripes wrote:Remember him beating his girlfriend? Not channel 9 who have him as their poster boy for the finals "sportsmanship" "mateship" blah blah "domestic violence". That ad is the height of untouchable.

I don't think it's fair to bring in his domestic abuse charges. He was let off from them, and has since been working really positively as a role model towards the youth of Australia, particularly Indigenous Australians. Our entire justice system is based on the concept of redemption and in that aspect I feel (although I don't know, as I don't know him personally) he has attempted to rectify his past actions.

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:14 pm

wtigers wrote:
tiger-stripes wrote:Remember him beating his girlfriend? Not channel 9 who have him as their poster boy for the finals "sportsmanship" "mateship" blah blah "domestic violence". That ad is the height of untouchable.

I don't think it's fair to bring in his domestic abuse charges. He was let off from them, and has since been working really positively as a role model towards the youth of Australia, particularly Indigenous Australians. Our entire justice system is based on the concept of redemption and in that aspect I feel (although I don't know, as I don't know him personally) he has attempted to rectify his past actions.

Might not be fair, but its fact. The NRL were happy to flick Brett Stewart then and now from any role model type role, and he was cleared too. Just does not sit right with me that someone with that kind of past can be glorified in that kind of ad, no matter what attempt at redemption had been made. There's a hundred other players to pick from who do just as much in the community they could have heroed.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah of course I don't think he should be a poster boy for anything unless its repentance or some thing similar yknow? But to use that against him is uncalled for IMO

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:16 pm

wtigers wrote:Yeah of course I don't think he should be a poster boy for anything unless its repentance or some thing similar yknow? But to use that against him is uncalled for IMO

Hitting a woman is also uncalled for, IMO

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:19 pm

most successful penalty milker in the game. Got us at least twice tonight.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:26 pm

wtigers wrote:

He wasn't let off.

He plead Guilty.

wtigers

Post by wtigers » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:28 pm

smeghead wrote:
wtigers wrote:

He wasn't let off.

He plead Guilty.
My bad. I was under the impression that they had dropped the case. Apologies. He has still tried to redeem himself since though, in the community

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:09 pm

He's a protected penalty milker and not particularly entertaining to watch.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 11:32 pm

softlaw wrote:most successful penalty milker in the game. Got us at least twice tonight.

Yep, frustrating

Teddy outplayed inglis tonight but to be fair GI is busted and probably just cruising as they thought they'd smash us regardless

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:42 am

Demonborger wrote:He's a protected penalty milker and not particularly entertaining to watch.
ahaha are you serious?
He is one of the games premier players. I think he is very entertaining when running straight over the top of Newsouth welshmen.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:45 am

credit where credit is due. out of all the players such as smith, cronk, slater, thurston etc. GI has to be the next immortal.

he has everything you need in RL: toughness, skillset, smartness, defense and is FAST

every player has his deficiencies in the public eye
benji/robbie are egoistic players
smith is a cheater
cronk is just feeding off smith
slater is a grub
thurston is a whinger
etc. etc. etc.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:52 am

stryker wrote:
Demonborger wrote:He's a protected penalty milker and not particularly entertaining to watch.
ahaha are you serious?
He is one of the games premier players. I think he is very entertaining when running straight over the top of Newsouth welshmen.
The fact that he's somehow eligible for Qld is a pretty entertaining magic trick :shock: