Adam Blair

ImageImageImage
Irvine

Re: Adam Blair

Post by Irvine » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 2:20 am

He does try hard but he doesn't deliver anywhere near $500K worth of effort.
Doesn't even look like his part of the team. I don't know why but I don't even consider him to be a real Wests Tiger.
His like a temp just filling in while others are on leave. The sooner he moves on the better for both the club and Blair.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 3:03 am

Irvine wrote:He does try hard but he doesn't deliver anywhere near $500K worth of effort.
Doesn't even look like his part of the team. I don't know why but I don't even consider him to be a real Wests Tiger.
His like a temp just filling in while others are on leave. The sooner he moves on the better for both the club and Blair.
Fundamentally disagree.

As others have said we are a much worse team when he in interchanged as has been evidenced the last few weeks.

He does a lot of important unglamorous work out there.

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 6:18 am

Irvine wrote:He does try hard but he doesn't deliver anywhere near $500K worth of effort.
Where did you get the $500k figure from? They said so in the media so it must be true?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 6:52 am

I loved blairs awesome try saver down the sideline last night and the quality of his work was good, I did see the pass off to gallowaynwhich was wierd and he should have just run it up but wasn't too horrible

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:26 am

The pass to Galloway was so the defense can't gang tackle himself. That's the whole idea of running to the line with support so the defense can't just pick on the one player. He just decided to use the support in that instance. The NRL-IQ on this forum is pretty poor at times.

Gray

Post by Gray » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:37 am

Peaches wrote:The pass to Galloway was so the defense can't gang tackle himself. That's the whole idea of running to the line with support so the defense can't just pick on the one player. He just decided to use the support in that instance. The NRL-IQ on this forum is pretty poor at times.

He was a good 10m away from the defensive line when he delivered the pass though? He wasn't running to the line and passing to his support player to leave the defence with two options. He just gave it to Keith to hit up.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:54 am

Keith was ready for it. There was obviously a reason why they did it. Perhaps they felt Keith had better momentum. I will leave that judgment call to the players. Blair takes plenty of tough hit ups. I will leave that call up to him.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 8:05 am

brk53y wrote:
Where did you get the $500k figure from? They said so in the media so it must be true?

Every single bit of information I can find about his contract states he is on 2 million for 4 years. Not saying that's the case but it sure seems to be.

If you know something else then post up and prove it.

As for Blair's the fairy if he was on half the money he is on then I wouldn't have an issue with him, but I suppose that's not his fault if some recruitment clown spent overs on him. It's just bugs me watching him trot around avoiding doing the hard yards the a prop is supposed to do while everyone else is having a dig.

He is a bludger, and a well paid one at that. I agree the sooner he leaves the better.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 12:40 pm

smeghead wrote:He never was that player though.

I thought the same but looking at old Storm games he was the guy with the occasional big hit, the wrestler and the 3rd & 4th tackle spark. Never a leader
x2

We have Blair for another year. We can dump him to reggies or actually play to his strengths. He's not a metre-eater prop, eveyone can see that. But he does get quick PTB, defends the ruck fairly well, chases ok in cover and is probably the only forward to put proper pressure on kickers. He also has big mits and looks to be developing his offload again.

His major weakness is lower # hitups and the occasional arm-grab tackle.

Someone before said he plays a Todd Payten-type role. I think this is spot on. Toddy P never made much yardage either, but he was good at tightening the ruck and had a nice pair of hands.

I'm not too fussed with the drop-out offload to KG. It looks bad, but really what difference does it make? KG is our best metre-gainer against a set line and Blair took the very next hitup, to set for a quick shift right.

I think Blair is a good bench prop/2nd row cover in 2014. I'd prefer to start with a rotation something like Galloway-Farah-Woods, BMM-Siro, Fulton. Then you have Blair, Sue, Ava, Brown, Taupau, Gavet etc. to consider off the bench.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 5:34 pm

Blair has played pretty good football for the last 3 months, however unless he shoots the lights out he is the but of forum criticism.
FYI I know exactly what he earns and it is much less than $500k
In fact most players earn less than reported in the media

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 5:37 pm

Goose wrote:Blair has played pretty good football for the last 3 months, however unless he shoots the lights out he is the but of forum criticism.
Yea, if you added up all these 'salaries' you'd end up finding almost every cluba mil or two over the cap.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 5:53 pm

I think for the most part, Blair has been very good for us this year. He does his job every week, much of which happens off the ball and if you concentrate on watching him, he really puts in in these areas.

I for one am happy for him to continue with us next season.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 7:02 pm

stryker wrote:I think for the most part, Blair has been very good for us this year. He does his job every week, much of which happens off the ball and if you concentrate on watching him, he really puts in in these areas.

I for one am happy for him to continue with us next season.
Very much agreed. I think he has been good for the developments of guys like Woods and Ava too but that's just my personal opinion.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 12:07 am

Goose wrote:Blair has played pretty good football for the last 3 months, however unless he shoots the lights out he is the but of forum criticism.
How is he playing good football ? He misses more tackles than anyone in the NRL averaging close to 3 missed tackles a game. While his counterparts Moa and Waerea- Hargreaves average 1.1.
Even lower placed teams Weyman 0.8. Moi Moi 1.3 Mannah 0.5.

How would you know how much a player is earning....are you the new "smoking gun" ?
Why is he here for much less than $500k?
Did he get bored winning Premierships at Melbourne and just came up here for the fun of it?

Post by Guest » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 2:26 am

Fraze23 wrote:I guess I've just come to expect a bit more from a representative forward who was signed to lead our pack.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 7:33 am

Like a few others have said, I do love his 1% errs . Blair isn't a bad player. But I'm looking forward to 2015 when he is gone and we have enough cash to sign someone like fafita.

We desperately need some aggression and I think Blair cops a lot because he is one of the highest paid forwards, yet he simply doesn't provide what we need. It's not his fault.

I blame sheens...

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 11:17 pm

Irvine wrote:
How is he playing good football ? He misses more tackles than anyone in the NRL averaging close to 3 missed tackles a game. While his counterparts Moa and Waerea- Hargreaves average 1.1.
Even lower placed teams Weyman 0.8. Moi Moi 1.3 Mannah 0.5.

How would you know how much a player is earning....are you the new "smoking gun" ?
Why is he here for much less than $500k?
Did he get bored winning Premierships at Melbourne and just came up here for the fun of it?
Through professional dealings.
Melbourne (or other clubs) didn't offer him $500k either.
Just for fun.
The reported salaries pre cap rise
$550k benji and Robbie
$500k Blair
$330k Lawrence
$300k lote (being generous I've seen it reported higher)
The other 20 have to make up $2.5m 60k per player roughly the minimum. That includes the likes of Fulton, Beau, Aysh, Heigno and alike who obviously were not on the minimum.
So although I know exactly what he earns (I don't know what all players earn nor do I claim to) you don't have to be a genius to work out that the aforementioned probably earn less than reported.