Adam Blair

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Adam Blair

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 9:52 pm

I'd nearly changed my mind on him this year. But did anyone notice off a line drop out, he ran about 2m then passed it to Galloway. Why?
The blokes a prop, all he has to do is tuck it under his wing and run it up.
You can't defend the bloke when 19 year old Sironen, 21 year old Buchanan and 22 year old Seumanafagai put him on show and out play him every week.


User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm

His defence -.-

pacman
Member
Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun 07 Jul, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by pacman » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 9:54 pm

blair is a joke, the sooner we get rid of him the better

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 9:56 pm

Fraze23 wrote:I'd nearly changed my mind on him this year. But did anyone notice off a line drop out, he ran about 2m then passed it to Galloway. Why?
The blokes a prop, all he has to do is tuck it under his wing and run it up.
You can't defend the bloke when 19 year old Sironen, 21 year old Buchanan and 22 year old Seumanafagai put him on show and out play him every week.
Watch the game again and see how many meters Farah makes off Blairs fast play the balls...it's not all about meters for some forwards!

mightytigers

Post by mightytigers » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:03 pm

Yep seen that. What a joke! Has never aimed up since he has been with the club.


southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:04 pm

Sironen was twice as bad. Missed tackles all night. Farah missed a few too. Where is the thread for them?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:07 pm

Snake wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:I'd nearly changed my mind on him this year. But did anyone notice off a line drop out, he ran about 2m then passed it to Galloway. Why?
The blokes a prop, all he has to do is tuck it under his wing and run it up.
You can't defend the bloke when 19 year old Sironen, 21 year old Buchanan and 22 year old Seumanafagai put him on show and out play him every week.
Watch the game again and see how many meters Farah makes off Blairs fast play the balls...it's not all about meters for some forwards!
He's a prop, an international and a premiership winner. You're telling me he leads the way by laying down and getting a quick play the ball? That will do me. The bloke has barely shown any ticker or any commitment in his 2 seasons with us. Quick play the balls and pressuring the kicker just isn't enough for a leader of our forward pack. Watch the game again and see his missed tackle on Luke.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:08 pm

Sirro was played for 80, I do not know why. Playing 80 in the backrow is a masive change up.

The experience will be good to let him know where he is at.

With Blair he works when in a proper prop rotation.

I thought the bench tonight would work but outside of Ava all the impact was basically zero.

Blair works off others hard work, it is the player he is so we need to play to that strength.

Our entire defensive line was shot at the end and he got caught out a few times.
Image

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:09 pm

Are you saying fast play the vballs arent important? If only some of our other forwards could get up quickly we would have one a few games. Ruck speed is the key to everything in the game.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:10 pm

southerntiger wrote:Sironen was twice as bad. Missed tackles all night. Farah missed a few too. Where is the thread for them?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Sironen is 19 and played out of his skin tonight in his second game in the forward pack. He was dangerous everytime he touched the ball and made plenty of metres. You're drawing a long bow comparing a 19 year old rookie playing his second game in the pack with a 27 year old international player.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:11 pm

He was responsible for three tries pure and simple. He cost us the game. Yet you have a go at Blair.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:12 pm

southerntiger wrote:Are you saying fast play the vballs arent important? If only some of our other forwards could get up quickly we would have one a few games. Ruck speed is the key to everything in the game.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Okay so lets have quick play the balls but not make it out of our own half. His play the balls would want to be quick considering he makes at least 5 hit ups less than the other forwards.

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:17 pm

southerntiger wrote:He was responsible for three tries pure and simple. He cost us the game. Yet you have a go at Blair.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Why wouldn't I have a go at Blair. All he has bought to the club is "quick play the balls." He's been out played by every other forward each week.
Sironen cost us the game? You're kidding. I guess it was his fault Lote didn't take Reynolds' kick on half time. It was Sironens fault Simona was out of position defending at marker and not at centre. If you think Blair had a better game than Sironen tonight you have absolutely no idea.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:17 pm

We will have to agree to disagree mate. I am not a Blair hater and you are. Im sure there are players I dont rate that you do. Beauty of this forum.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:19 pm

Fraze23 wrote:Sironen is 19 and played out of his skin tonight in his second game in the forward pack. He was dangerous everytime he touched the ball and made plenty of metres. You're drawing a long bow comparing a 19 year old rookie playing his second game in the pack with a 27 year old international player.
Yep. Sirro to me looks like a gun.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:22 pm

Siro is a gun ... in attack. But his defence needs a lot of work. He will get there I am sure but his missed tackles hurt us badly at critical times tonight. The miss on Luke in the first half was a massive blow.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:22 pm

Adam Blair 6 runs for 60 metres 23 tackles 3 missed.
Curtis Sironen 15 runs, 136m 25 tackles 5 missed.
IMO the stats say it all.

monkey
Member
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 5:43 am

Post by monkey » Fri 30 Aug, 2013 10:23 pm

I was a massive Blair fan at the storm but since he had been with us has produced nothing . What's the story with spence he is a joke

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post Reply