LOTE!!!

ImageImageImage
bp tiger

LOTE!!!

Post by bp tiger » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 7:58 am

I think we seen why lote has to be shown the door next year , he took longer to turn than the queen mary. He has been a great player and he went well last night , just feel age has caught up with him like it does with us all.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 8:05 am

I think he's proven that he's got another year in him as depth and as depth only. With Reddy gone, I won't be upset to see Lote play second fiddle to Richards or Nofo, but I think that depth is the only thing he offers as a player.

I would like to see him continue on with the club in some way or another.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by Guest » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 8:23 am

He has never been good with a ball on the ground. I have watched him in the warm ups for years and he struggles with his hands. In saying that it was a tough bounce.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 8:49 am

Never got a handle on that ball to shadow it.

Seemed to pull up lame when he turned and tried to put the power down but that may be from virtually zero match fitness as well

19-12

Post by 19-12 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:13 am

With his experience, that mistake was inexcusable. I don't care how he stopped that ball, he just had to stop it!

On the whole, he has been pretty solid for us since he's been back. It's just frustrating going into the break with a 6-point lead instead of 12.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:25 am

In all fairness, he got to the pill first, it was a freak bounce that saw it turn away from him. Those things happen in football sometimes.

I don't think he needs to be around next year, but if they give him a minimum contract I wouldn't be too miffed.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:33 am

No excuse, with the clear head start run to the ball he stuffed up. His approach to the ball should have been similar to that of a try scoring motion, what he done was neither here nor there. For a person of his size, he should have stayed upright and kick it out. Age does these things.

scott2478

Post by scott2478 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:35 am

In last night's press conference, Robbie can be quoted as saying: "...like I said, we didn't get the result, but it was fitting to send out benji and lote and the guys that are departing..."...

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:38 am

Got done by a naughty football. Same outcome would've happened to any other nrl winger last night. Was just one of those freak things unfortunately. As for Lote's future. The writing's on the wall. It doesn't appear he will stay but who knows?? Maybe the club will sit down and make him and offer at seasons end.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 9:45 am

I hope so Pete .... Would like to see him have one more crack

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 9:51 am

You can see the formers that have actually chased a dropping footy and breaks left or right you have no chance once you commit ,Lote should be a super hero with arms that can stretch on demand ..thanks for the effort over the years just bad luck with injuries.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 9:54 am

Yeh... spot on snake, some unfair comments here on a wicked bounce of the ball

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 10:20 am

I think the best thing would be for Lote to take on a club role, like skando did, keep training and we can call on him if injuries warrant it. Having him play out his final year in state cup isn't fitting of someone who has achieved what he has.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 10:38 am

Good call

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 10:54 am

The bounce of the ball wouldn't have mattered if he wasn't so bloody slow in getting to it.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 10:59 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:The bounce of the ball wouldn't have mattered if he wasn't so bloody slow in getting to it.
Agreed!

THAT'S the point. it never should have gotten that far. If he hadn't taken so long to turn & get there the ball would have been well in hand by then.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 12:52 pm

Snake wrote:You can see the formers that have actually chased a dropping footy and breaks left or right you have no chance once you commit ,Lote should be a super hero with arms that can stretch on demand ..thanks for the effort over the years just bad luck with injuries.
I disagree.

For starters it's a footy, so you should expect a funny bounce. All good fullbacks and wingers cover the cock-eyed bounce.

Lote made the number one mistake when racing for a rolling footy - if you have a head start, put yourself in front of your opponent. Sure the ball took a wicked turn but Lote had 5-10m on Farrell the whole way and should have first ensured he was running a block. Being in front of Farrell meant he could then have slowed a little as he reached the ball and made sure it was covered.

Instead he ran at top speed the whole way and tumbled like a speed skater once it changed trajectory. It's embarrassing, but let's be honest Lote isn't known for his sharp footwork or fabulous hands. It's the same kind of play that saw him knock on in the Warriors semi 2011, or fumble the pass for his first try in Tigers colours. He's a big strong dude, fast enough in a straight line.

No hard feelings against Lote but his age tells. You watch the way Simona chases a rolling ball and see the difference.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 2:07 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Snake wrote:You can see the formers that have actually chased a dropping footy and breaks left or right you have no chance once you commit ,Lote should be a super hero with arms that can stretch on demand ..thanks for the effort over the years just bad luck with injuries.
I disagree.

For starters it's a footy, so you should expect a funny bounce. All good fullbacks and wingers cover the cock-eyed bounce.

Lote made the number one mistake when racing for a rolling footy - if you have a head start, put yourself in front of your opponent. Sure the ball took a wicked turn but Lote had 5-10m on Farrell the whole way and should have first ensured he was running a block. Being in front of Farrell meant he could then have slowed a little as he reached the ball and made sure it was covered.

Instead he ran at top speed the whole way and tumbled like a speed skater once it changed trajectory. It's embarrassing, but let's be honest Lote isn't known for his sharp footwork or fabulous hands. It's the same kind of play that saw him knock on in the Warriors semi 2011, or fumble the pass for his first try in Tigers colours. He's a big strong dude, fast enough in a straight line.

No hard feelings against Lote but his age tells. You watch the way Simona chases a rolling ball and see the difference.
Look where he was running from....
If he didn't run at full speed and got beaten then you would be saying "he's too slow."

The ball was in front of him and turned. Don't understand how a block would have helped given the circumstances