Fans getting active

Mccarry
Member
Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 5:06 pm
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Fans getting active

Unread post by Mccarry » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 9:02 pm

Love this thread!

I can't comment on the song choice beyond if we choose one or two songs that other major international teams then people could learn it from you tube. Someone would just need to reword it.

I would put $500 bucks on a bar tab at a central spot if we could get enough people into one spot in pre season to have a few beers and then get singing. I reckon the pub would match it.

Suggest inner west on one of the nights of the Auckland 9s.

So my offer
1. Someone musically minded short list a few options with you tube links. A couple starting points above
2. Surely some one on here knows a word smith. That mate that just has a way with words. Some one in the jingle business.
3. Someone find a Tiges friendly pub and see if they will match my $500.
4. We get AJ on board, and figure out some x players to come along to lead it
5. 200 of us meet up have a free beer or two, then a few more to help loosen up our vocals

We would need 200 members I reckon to make a start.


MattsWesttigers
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 5:37 pm

i'm glad most of yous agree that we need to get behind our team and i still feel this is one of the best ways to do it as for my farah song suggestion i know it's not good i stole it from jamie carraghers song but i thought if i gave it a ago a few more people would try and make some songs

As people have said before if we can get one brave person to start these chants (i'm 16 so nobody will start singing if i go first) then i'm confident more people will get involved all we need is to print the songs out on paper and hand them to the "Jungle fans" as they walk in

So if anyone here will be in "The Jungle" this season and they feel this is a good idea feel free to help get this organised by just printing out some songs we can sing or even starting the chants.

another Song suggestion we can borrow from is the Sydney Fc song.. S-Y-D-N-E-Y We are Sydney till we die with a knick knack paddy wack give a dog a bone why dont (opposite team) just piss off home so instead of S-Y-D-N-E-Y just change it to T-I-G-E-R-S i also believe hull city tigers in the epl sing it to

When The west go marching in would be another good song aswell

and lastly a simple chant the whole stadium can do with ease
COME ON TIGERS ... COME ON TIGERS... COME ON TIGERS this one should atleast last more then 30 seconds not 10 seconds like our old chants Thoughts everybody ?

MattsWesttigers
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 5:40 pm

Mccarry wrote:Love this thread!

I can't comment on the song choice beyond if we choose one or two songs that other major international teams then people could learn it from you tube. Someone would just need to reword it.

I would put $500 bucks on a bar tab at a central spot if we could get enough people into one spot in pre season to have a few beers and then get singing. I reckon the pub would match it.

Suggest inner west on one of the nights of the Auckland 9s.



So my offer
1. Someone musically minded short list a few options with you tube links. A couple starting points above
2. Surely some one on here knows a word smith. That mate that just has a way with words. Some one in the jingle business.
3. Someone find a Tiges friendly pub and see if they will match my $500.
4. We get AJ on board, and figure out some x players to come along to lead it
5. 200 of us meet up have a free beer or two, then a few more to help loosen up our vocals

We would need 200 members I reckon to make a start.
Thats a great idea :) thanks for the input and i wish i could have a few drinks with other passionate tigers fan but im only 16

User avatar
turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 6:27 pm

Not YNWA. Firstly, it is so synonymous with Liverpool, and secondly, Gerry and the Pacemakers were from Liverpool.
Chants, universal songs yes, but not YNWA...
Image

User avatar
chickenkebabs
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 17 Feb, 2011 8:39 pm
Location: Mosman

Unread post by chickenkebabs » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 6:51 pm

I love this idea. It's never been a huge part of aussie sporting culture, songs and chants but I'd love that to change.
Would be great for the team, club and supporters alike.


User avatar
chickenkebabs
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 17 Feb, 2011 8:39 pm
Location: Mosman

Unread post by chickenkebabs » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 7:00 pm

Who are we?

We're western sydney!

Where are we?

Here when you need me!

What are we?

The mighty wests tigers!

Etc etc.

User avatar
chickenkebabs
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu 17 Feb, 2011 8:39 pm
Location: Mosman

Unread post by chickenkebabs » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 7:12 pm

To the tune of "Land Down Under"

We are the mighty Wests Tigers,
We've got western sydney behind us,
Can you hear can you hear the thunder,
You better run, you better take cover!

I'm trying here! Lol.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 7:45 pm

Maybe when a player hits the ball up we all scream their nickname in unison

Dunno if Watto is old enough to remember this , but Norths in Brisbane had a bloke by the name of Campbell Dews

His nickname was Zulu and he was a hard running prop

Every time he touched the ball the Norths supporters screamed ZULU

Pretty bloody effective , got the crowd involved and pumped Zulu up as well

MattsWesttigers
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 9:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:Maybe when a player hits the ball up we all scream their nickname in unison

Dunno if Watto is old enough to remember this , but Norths in Brisbane had a bloke by the name of Campbell Dews

His nickname was Zulu and he was a hard running prop

Every time he touched the ball the Norths supporters screamed ZULU

Pretty bloody effective , got the crowd involved and pumped Zulu up as well

Yeah i'm way to young to remember that but it's also good idead it's a simple chant everyone can do,imagine how big keith or woodsy would feel after hearing the crowd cheering for them

MattsWesttigers
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 9:32 pm

turnstyle wrote:Not YNWA. Firstly, it is so synonymous with Liverpool, and secondly, Gerry and the Pacemakers were from Liverpool.
Chants, universal songs yes, but not YNWA...


Im an LFC fan aswell so i love the song but you're right when i hear YNWA all i think of is LFC, i don't think it would the tigers or the nrl

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15917
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 9:42 pm

Barnesy is a Tigers fan, surely a Cold Chisel song or one of his solo songs would be more apt?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

MattsWesttigers
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 9:45 pm

remember the songs don't need to be about the team if one player scores a try, makes a good tackle, line break or just having a great game then we can sing songs that are just about that player or if the refs are wankers we'll let them know

Also these songs can also just be beats and claps like the wanderers do not all of them need to have lyrics :)

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm not a fan of it at all. It's a part of English sporting culture not Australian. I don't know that it would ever take off over here, nor suit the atmosphere of a rugby league game. We'd be stealing chants off soccer teams that have no real meaning or connection to the Wests Tigers.
Finally the crowds at Rugby League games are not big enough to create the desired effect, Having a group of say 30 chanting stolen soccer songs that have been terribly adapted to match the names of our players, sounds a bit rubbish to me mate.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15917
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 10:04 pm

Fraze23 wrote:I'm not a fan of it at all. It's a part of English sporting culture not Australian. I don't know that it would ever take off over here, nor suit the atmosphere of a rugby league game. We'd be stealing chants off soccer teams that have no real meaning or connection to the Wests Tigers.
Finally the crowds at Rugby League games are not big enough to create the desired effect, Having a group of say 30 chanting stolen soccer songs that have been terribly adapted to match the names of our players, sounds a bit rubbish to me mate.
You're right there. Australian sporting culture usually involves yelling obscenities from 50 paces at your team, the opposition and any match official in sight.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 35889
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 11:56 pm

The big difference between us and many other sporting clubs have a long past

MattsWesttigers
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 5:15 am

Fraze23 wrote:I'm not a fan of it at all. It's a part of English sporting culture not Australian. I don't know that it would ever take off over here, nor suit the atmosphere of a rugby league game. We'd be stealing chants off soccer teams that have no real meaning or connection to the Wests Tigers.
Finally the crowds at Rugby League games are not big enough to create the desired effect, Having a group of say 30 chanting stolen soccer songs that have been terribly adapted to match the names of our players, sounds a bit rubbish to me mate.

Yes singing for our sports club is foreign to Australia but thats why i feel we need to introduce because it creates an atmosphere like no other,it gets the team motivated to do there best and win so they can please there loyal passionate fans

Also singing in Rugby league games is not at all a new idea, it's been going on for decades in the super league and even with a crowd of only 10,000 the atmosphere at most of the games is great. In the NRL other clubs are starting there own active bay such as "the burrow", the "chook pen" and the "bulldogs army" and not all of their chants are stolen they can create there own songs too, i just feel if we are to get this idea started we would have to customise some other well known sporting songs as for the low numbers of people singing ofcourse in the first couple of years it would be small but when people hear other people singing or chanting and they really want the team spirits to lift they'll join in to

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9882
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Unread post by smeghead » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 9:40 am

Sing Flame Trees or GTFO
Image

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15917
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 9:52 am

smeghead wrote:Sing Flame Trees or GTFO
That would be my pick.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Post Reply

Return to “Season 2014”