Fans getting active

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Fans getting active

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:06 am

Image......do you rememeber - nothing stopped us on the field, in our daaaaaaaaaaay.....Image

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:22 am

The thing with a lot of the English stadiums, which makes this work, is that a lot of them are small, rectangular stadiums with ROOFS covering most of the stadium. It rains a lot, so yes they have roofs.

Stadiums in Australia typically don't have the same amount of roofs, and depending on the size/age of the ground it will often only be the grandstand which is covered.

The roof makes it so much easier as it improves the acoustics and the sound can echo across the stadium, rather the disappear into thin air. For a brief chant it doesn't matter, but for any sustained period of singing especially if it's not sung by a huge group of people it really becomes a very uphill slog. I know from experience...

MattsWesttigers

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 2:46 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:The thing with a lot of the English stadiums, which makes this work, is that a lot of them are small, rectangular stadiums with ROOFS covering most of the stadium. It rains a lot, so yes they have roofs.

Stadiums in Australia typically don't have the same amount of roofs, and depending on the size/age of the ground it will often only be the grandstand which is covered.

The roof makes it so much easier as it improves the acoustics and the sound can echo across the stadium, rather the disappear into thin air. For a brief chant it doesn't matter, but for any sustained period of singing especially if it's not sung by a huge group of people it really becomes a very uphill slog. I know from experience...
Langtree park and DW stadium home to st helens and wigan don't have roofs covering most of the stadium and even with there smaller fan bases they are pretty loud and even still look at the aleague then pirtek stadium wanderers fan can be heard all around the stadium, adelaide fans at hindmarsh oval can be heard all across the stadium same goes for newcastle jets

As for the numbers i've said it before if our fans in the jungle truly want to call themselves an active bay and express there passion for the club then i feel this is the best way to do it and if they show that they are brave enough to do it aswell as make some catchy chants and songs then more people will join

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Juro » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 4:29 pm

Flame trees would be awesome!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

tigergirlz

Unread post by tigergirlz » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:24 pm

To the tune of 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'
In the jungle,
The mighty jungle,
The Tiger stalks tonight.

Repeated (over and over)

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Jan, 2014 1:11 am

We need a very good trumpeter like the Barmy Army has

Songs like the theme song from the Great Escape

The final song from the Life Of Brian

Could become helpful for the bad days , put a smile on our dials

Peaches

Unread post by Peaches » Wed 15 Jan, 2014 2:06 am

How's this one?
I have a simple chant based on the pet shop boys song 'go west'; the instrumental is below

GO WEST
That is where we're from
GO WEST
We'll sing forever long
GO WEST
You will fight for us
GO WEST
The Tigers won't give up

(Repeat)

Peaches

Unread post by Peaches » Wed 15 Jan, 2014 2:29 am

Another simple chant to the tune of The Angles 'Am I ever gonna see you face again?'

Match day has arrived, I'm gonna see my heroes play.
We've been pumped all week, waiting for today.
There is only one team that bleeds black, gold (or orange whatever fits best) and white.
The Wests, The Wests Tigers.

(Repeat)

Return to “Season 2014”