Fans getting active

MattsWesttigers

Fans getting active

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey everybody i'm a passionate young west tigers fan, i'm new to this forum and i feel my idea if done correctly would be great for the club and perhaps NRL
Recently i went over to the U.K and watched my saint helens play and i have to say the atmosphere there even with only 10,000 fans was amazing mainly due to the fans chants and songs, When also going to a souths game :oops: the burrow sings quite regularly anyway im taking to long all i want to say is that if in the jungle we start chants and songs it could really motivate our team to glory because us as fans can be the 14th player

tigertye
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Mon 04 Nov, 2013 10:41 pm

As long as no one brings a trumpet like the Sharks fans do. I poured a beer down it while a guy was playing it at Leichardt once to shut him up. Most annoying noise ever.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 04 Nov, 2013 11:02 pm

i'll be in the jungle next year, what kind of chants should we get going?

the wanderers have good ones i know, most soccer teams do infact. Souths burrow is good from what i hear
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

tigergirlz

Unread post by tigergirlz » Mon 04 Nov, 2013 11:02 pm

I think I've seen this idea suggested before. Can't say any ideas really took off. Any suggestions?

MattsWesttigers

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Wed 06 Nov, 2013 12:04 am

I guessed it would've been sugested before and yeah if any of yous follow the a league you would know alot of their chants are very similar so we could take ideas from them and modify them to suit west tigers e.g we could do when the west go marching in, i know its a saints song but they never sing anyway or even songs about players e.g No.1 is farah
No.2 is farah
No.3 is farah
And No.4 is Farah
FARAH!!! we all dream of a team of farahs a team of farahs said a team of farahs repeat(repeat chorus twice)
No.5 is farah
No.6 is farah
No.7 is farah
No.8 is Farah
FARAH!!! ... (repeat chorus twice)
No.9 is farah
No.10 is farah
No.11 is farah
And number 12 is Farah
FARAH!!! (repeat chorus twice)
And whos No.13 well Farah is 13

Idk guys thats just a suggestion i have others but like i said before nothing gets a team motivated like hearing their fans sing and chant for them

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by jctiger » Wed 06 Nov, 2013 8:03 am

MattsWesttigers wrote:Hey everybody i'm a passionate young west tigers fan, i'm new to this forum and i feel my idea if done correctly would be great for the club and perhaps NRL
Recently i went over to the U.K and watched my saint helens play and i have to say the atmosphere there even with only 10,000 fans was amazing mainly due to the fans chants and songs, When also going to a souths game :oops: the burrow sings quite regularly anyway im taking to long all i want to say is that if in the jungle we start chants and songs it could really motivate our team to glory because us as fans can be the 14th player
It's a good idea Matt, but most of our Wests Tigers fans are too busy chanting about how expensive the games are and don't attend the games.
Your on the right track though !

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by jctiger » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 9:52 am

Looks like the Broncos are one step ahead of us Matt !

http://m.foxsports.com.au/league/brisba ... 6767028401

Wildcat777

Unread post by Wildcat777 » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 10:20 pm

We need to stop making excuses..those that do most probably make excuses for everything else in their lives.

What a great idea.....great post. To be honest dont have the answers. But I hear that the wanderers are just great and we should do to league what they do to football.

If we could achieve this we would be selling out memberships long before the season kickoff....ticket pricing would not be an issue... for example if I wanted to pay $5,000 for a family pass to watch the wanderers ....I couldn't! There is a thing called supply and demand. When there is no supply price is high and not an issue. When the demand is low..price is an issue. Let's make membership valuable...thats not driven by the club...its by the supporter. Have the right group of supporters you will not doubt increase numbers and value associated with membership. To put it simply is really is up to us....the Wanderers have shown the way. We can build on something similar or just winge and complain...is up to us the supporter. I would put my hand up and chat and sing at every game, the whole game. I have membership and will be there.....just need another a few thousand that are like minded...Would be awesome! Think about it......then act on it! enjoy 2014 and beyond.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:07 pm

well said wildcat!

go the tigers for 2014 and beyond :D
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 24 Nov, 2013 11:14 pm

heres a decent chant. tweaked it for us.
you get one person to lead it, so he shouts one line then the crowd repeats

EVERYWHERE WE GOOOO

PEOPLE WANNA KNOWWW

WHO WE AREEE

AND WHERE WE COME FROM

SO. WE TELL THEM. WE ARE THE TIGERS FANS

THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS FANS

AND IF YOU CANT HEAR US

WE'LL SING A LITTLE LOUDER.

then get some kind of wests tigers chant going. "WESTS. TIGERS." or whatever.''

thoughts?

we should give 100% just like the players.

Gray

Unread post by Gray » Mon 25 Nov, 2013 5:39 am

pHyR3 wrote:heres a decent chant. tweaked it for us.
you get one person to lead it, so he shouts one line then the crowd repeats

EVERYWHERE WE GOOOO

PEOPLE WANNA KNOWWW

WHO WE AREEE

AND WHERE WE COME FROM

SO. WE TELL THEM. WE ARE THE TIGERS FANS

THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS FANS

AND IF YOU CANT HEAR US

WE'LL SING A LITTLE LOUDER.

then get some kind of wests tigers chant going. "WESTS. TIGERS." or whatever.''

thoughts?

we should give 100% just like the players.
I like it. In the right area of the stadium all you need is the one brave loud person to start it and a few that know what's going on and should go off!

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 10:29 pm

....All we are saying, is give Mick a chance....

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 12:29 am

Haha like the sentiment boys but keep working on those songs. A bit lame so far. The Farah song is aweful....try something that includes a few players.

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 5:55 am

stryker wrote:Haha like the sentiment boys but keep working on those songs. A bit lame so far. The Farah song is aweful....try something that includes a few players.

The farah one is woeful but the rest r good.May I also suggest like as they sing at the darts on tv.Stand up if you like wests tigers stand up if you like wests tigers stand up if you like wests tigers.Also would love to sing the youll never walk alone like they do at anfield.Brilliant song.And Im a MAN U fan.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah this has been tried before. Problem is most league fans wont ever sing at a match. Not in the culture here.

With the success of the A League some people who are fans of both sports are starting to add singing to their NRL teams, see the Sharks, Rabbits. With enough people it can be alright.

For your Farah song you forgot two key elements. You need 3 syllables in the player's name, and the tune one sings along to is the most important point. That song goes to the tune of yellow submarine.

Everytime I've been to a Tigers game I see the "Jungle" sign over in some completely empty part of the ground. I thought the idea had obviously not worked and got scrapped? Either that or the Jungle fans are sitting away from where the banner is.

At best you might get 20-30 people to sing a song at a Tigers game I reckon. There are a fair few Tigers fans who are also SFC fans so it could be possible to get more.

And no, YNWA only works if the entire stadium sings it. Could only work if somehow we got that many people involved in singing.

And to be honest, we have had enough difficulty trying to get Tigers, clap clap clap, chant going around the stadium in unison. Always seems one half of the fans are a half second ahead of the rest. People sing at different speeds. It's not an easy thing to organise... but give it a go if you want mate!

alex

Unread post by alex » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 1:34 pm

Anything too complicated will not gain any traction. Use the K.I.S.S principle. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Dont know if they still do it as I havent been there for years, but Manly fans used to do a slow "MAAAAAANLYYYYYYY. MAAAAAAANLYYYYYYY" chant to start each game. Always thought it helped reinforce that 'Fortress Brookvale' feel. Could do something like that. Should get a good echo at ANZ too with all that empty concrete around us :/

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 3:35 pm

there's a good wests tigers chant at LO on the hill that goes up occasionally. i remember one on the sunday arvo of 2012 when sonia passed away.

Jerry Seinfeld

Unread post by Jerry Seinfeld » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 5:25 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:Yeah this has been tried before. Problem is most league fans wont ever sing at a match. Not in the culture here.

With the success of the A League some people who are fans of both sports are starting to add singing to their NRL teams, see the Sharks, Rabbits. With enough people it can be alright.

For your Farah song you forgot two key elements. You need 3 syllables in the player's name, and the tune one sings along to is the most important point. That song goes to the tune of yellow submarine.

Everytime I've been to a Tigers game I see the "Jungle" sign over in some completely empty part of the ground. I thought the idea had obviously not worked and got scrapped? Either that or the Jungle fans are sitting away from where the banner is.

At best you might get 20-30 people to sing a song at a Tigers game I reckon. There are a fair few Tigers fans who are also SFC fans so it could be possible to get more.

And no, YNWA only works if the entire stadium sings it. Could only work if somehow we got that many people involved in singing.

And to be honest, we have had enough difficulty trying to get Tigers, clap clap clap, chant going around the stadium in unison. Always seems one half of the fans are a half second ahead of the rest. People sing at different speeds. It's not an easy thing to organise... but give it a go if you want mate!

What u need to do with YNWA is get it played over the speakers and the words on the big screen And get Robbie Farah to champion the cause as hes a big Liverpool FC fan.Then it will work.Also a bloke on the ground with a mic just before it happens explaining that this is the new wests tigers theme.It will work.

Return to “Season 2014”