Kidwell expects hardened edge in 2014

pHyR3

Re: Kidwell expects hardened edge in 2014

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:00 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Irvine wrote:Kidwell, Payten and Webster are going to make Potter look like a better coach this year.
I'm glad Webster is back in the mix. He has great potential as a coach and a good rapport with many of our young players who came through the Ball system.
was he the balmain SG ball coach, anyone know what he's like?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:05 pm

innsaneink wrote:They all played at the top level for a decade plus.
Only very good players do that
Have to agree to disagree on this one Ink

Yeah a very good player should play for a decade

But lots of players have played for 10 years and aren't very good players

Very good would be players of the ilk say Gene Miles ,Steve Ella ,Nate Myles

Extremely good would be Harragon , Kenny , Cronin ,O'Connor ,Dale Shearer

Immortals well they speak for themselves

We just have a different rating system

I rate the players we spoke as solid average players

And before someone tells me some played representative football so Phil Duke ,Craig Teevan and Adrian Brunker so it doesn't always mean a great deal

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:11 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Irvine wrote:Kidwell, Payten and Webster are going to make Potter look like a better coach this year.
I'm glad Webster is back in the mix. He has great potential as a coach and a good rapport with many of our young players who came through the Ball system.
Webster is a great coach and a great communicator as is Payten especially with the younger players. Kidwell looks pretty switched on as well from what I have heard and also has a good rapport with the young guys.

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sun 12 Jan, 2014 11:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:I dunno I think he was plenty tough enough

Nah, he was as good as Lance Thompson....Solid As but nothing special. He'd make the Aussie C team. A really great player, but so was Lance Thompson. Good for 15 hit ups and 30 tackles a game. Solid,,,,,,, but absolutely nothing special about him. Now,..... having said that, it's exactly what the useless Tigers forwards have needed for 9 years in defense and attack.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 6:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:They all played at the top level for a decade plus.
Only very good players do that
Have to agree to disagree on this one Ink

Yeah a very good player should play for a decade

But lots of players have played for 10 years and aren't very good players

Very good would be players of the ilk say Gene Miles ,Steve Ella ,Nate Myles

Extremely good would be Harragon , Kenny , Cronin ,O'Connor ,Dale Shearer

Immortals well they speak for themselves

We just have a different rating system

I rate the players we spoke as solid average players

And before someone tells me some played representative football so Phil Duke ,Craig Teevan and Adrian Brunker so it doesn't always mean a great deal
Lots???

Who?

Should be able to rattle off a dozen...I dont know why you are always in the midle of these stupid arguments...you reckon your point is ''you dont have to be a good player to make a good coach'' re: Kidwell....but also say he looked like he was a handy player.

Make up your mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 8:35 am

Here's a few Ink
Jacob Lillyman
Paul Bowman
Jaiman Lowe
Ben Ross
Simon Gillies
Matt Ryan
Mitch Newton
Peter Wynn

They were just solid NRL players

And I always seem to be in these silly arguments (as you call them ) with you LOL

Never made a comment about Kidwell not being a good player , read back and you will see I said he looked like he would make a good centre until he switched to the back row

I was saying you can't judge a coach by his playing career ,that was it , simple

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 1:57 pm

10 years of NRL does not equal an amazing player. and you don't have to be an amazing player to be an amazing coach.

i think the definition of 'amazing' should be clarified. at least for me (dunno bout happy and ink), an amazing player is someone on the calibre of Hayne, Farah, JT, Fifita, Woods, DCE etc. of whom there are probably only 30 or so of at any given point in the NRL.

and i don't think kidwell really falls into that category. not to say he wasn't a GOOD player. but he wasnt amazing imo
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."