1. Manly
2. Easts
3. Souths
4. Penrith
5. Melbourne
6. NQ
7. Cronulla
8. NZ

Penrith are my smokey for top 4. Cronulla won't be there if ASADA pings them and Gallen gets hoofed in which case I'll say Canterbury will sneak in.

Faiders will get the spoon. I reckon we'll about 10th place.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

steve-o
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by steve-o » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:29 pm

My predictions:

1. Rabbitohs - They'll lose to cowboys in GF
2. Sea Eagles - quality halves. lack of front row will cruel them in finals
3. Cowboys - JT finally captains them to the club's first premiership
4. Storm - always consistent, but will fade in the finals again
5. Knights - bennett is building this club nicely
6. Panthers - over achieved last year but have recruited well
7. Roosters - year to year they are the most inconsistent club (eg 08-top 4, 09-spoon, 10-GF)
8. Dragons - my smokey to sneak in the 8. good offseason recruitment

9-12 (no particular order) - tigers, broncos, bulldogs, sharks
bottom 4 (no particular order) - eels, raiders, titans, warriors
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

versa

Unread post by versa » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 3:15 pm

Don't care about rest of standings but 6th is where tigers will finish. Then a whole new comp starts. Who knows? Dare to dream

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 7:59 pm

In no particular order:

Melbourne
Souths
Easts
Cowboys
Sharks
Knights
Tigers
Manly

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 8:37 pm

Have a feeling Melbourne May not make it this year.

Souths
Sydney
Manly
Knights
--- has to be top 4 IMO
Titans
Warriors
Cowboys
Penrith

Hope we are there instead of penrith.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Unread post by Guest » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 8:39 pm

Tigers
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Manly
Storm
Eels
Warriors
Souths

Roosters will be stripped of all points by mid season for breaching the cap.

Souths will be there but only just. I think injuries will cripple them this year.

Eels will go alright. I have a good feeling they can turn things around this season.

Tigers have so many good players coming through and if all a halfback. Benji has been hurting us badly for years and we will be a completely different team now.

Keep the faith.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 1:25 pm

I believe these will finish in top 8
no idea what order they will finish.
rabbitohs
knights
manly ( yes that was painful to type)
cowboys
roosters
bulldogs
storm ( starting their decline )
wests-tigers.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 1:49 pm

this is the south's last chance to win i reckon. their window is closing quick, and if they bow out again in the prelims or semis then they will eternally be known as the chokers.

i personally dont mind them. all the hate directed at them seems to be because they're doing well. not many hated them when they were the perpetual easy-beats but just like with the chooks, if they start doing well people hate em.

the tigers had their fair share of haters too in 2010-11.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Anthism

Unread post by Anthism » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 3:16 pm

pHyR3 wrote:this is the south's last chance to win i reckon. their window is closing quick, and if they bow out again in the prelims or semis then they will eternally be known as the chokers.

i personally dont mind them. all the hate directed at them seems to be because they're doing well. not many hated them when they were the perpetual easy-beats but just like with the chooks, if they start doing well people hate em.

I can think of plenty of reasons why I hate Souths other than them doing well. Julie/Rusty/Burgess'/Media/Penalty counts/Fans to name a few.
I like Manly/Roosters and Melbourne better than them

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 3:19 pm

pHyR3 wrote:this is the south's last chance to win i reckon. their window is closing quick, and if they bow out again in the prelims or semis then they will eternally be known as the chokers.

Over exposure
Benji

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 4:35 pm

Very tough to predict the top 8, injuries play a huge role, and most years there is a huge turnover, but for fun Ill have a crack in no order
1. Roosters (but dont rule out a salary cap scandel)
2. Manly
3.Souths
4.Melbourne
5. Canberra
6. Tigers
7.Cowboys
8. Penrith

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 12:38 pm

People thinking the Roosters are over the cap are having a nice old pull. Do you not know the concept of third party? Uncle Nick has lots of connections to make these things happen.

And to the guy who said this is Souths last chance for a premiership, (can't be bothered going through and quoting him) the nucleus of their side (Burgess bros, Reynolds, Inglis) are all signed long term. They're window will be open for the next 3 or 4 yrs.

Tigersmurf
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm

Interesting that most are including manly in their top 8. They have lost a lot of the size from their pack and have only purchased juniors to replace them. The loss of Joe, Kite, Rose and even the blonde second rower is a big dent in their roster.

Their halves are impressive but I worry about their go forward. I also see the Dogs, Knights, Titans and Eels struggling.

Big improvers for me will be Panthers. Warriors and Cowboys should be strong.

Storm and Broncos I cannot judge. Every time I think they will struggle they perform. I see them as having weakened squads.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 12:57 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Interesting that most are including manly in their top 8. They have lost a lot of the size from their pack and have only purchased juniors to replace them. The loss of Joe, Kite, Rose and even the blonde second rower is a big dent in their roster.

Their halves are impressive but I worry about their go forward. I also see the Dogs, Knights, Titans and Eels struggling.

Big improvers for me will be Panthers. Warriors and Cowboys should be strong.

Storm and Broncos I cannot judge. Every time I think they will struggle they perform. I see them as having weakened squads.
My old man's a Bronco supporter and he reckons they are a bottom 4 side in 2014

Good forwards but no halves

MattsWesttigers

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 3:09 pm

1.Rabbitohs
2.Melbourne
3.Roosters
4.Bulldogs
5.Manly
6.warriors
7.Broncos
8.Penrith

I believe knights and cronulla will just fall short of the top 8 and penrith and broncos have made some strong signings aswell as warriors with sam tomkins should do great things to put them in the top 8

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 3:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Over exposure
Benji
it's not their fault though. like i said 9 got on the tiger's band wagon too. not sure what you mean by benji? that he was universally admired or something?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 3:33 pm

Anthism wrote:

I can think of plenty of reasons why I hate Souths other than them doing well. Julie/Rusty/Burgess'/Media/Penalty counts/Fans to name a few.
I like Manly/Roosters and Melbourne better than them

watch that doco on sammy burgess. 'slammin sam.'

dunno what you hate about rusty, i can understand you dont like him as a person. although after looking into him a lot i dont mind him. i'd love for us to have someone like that. we have uncle harry, but our club doesnt even take full advantage of that. he was disappointed we didnt get his help with the balmain leagues club.

fans have been good in my experience.

from memory roosters and manly were the 2 most penalized teams after excluding us and the eels. hence why their defence was so good.

BrotherJim05

Unread post by BrotherJim05 » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 3:48 pm

While Manly have lost a fair amount of their Front row, they will still be a premiership contender.
Manly have a habit of turning average players into quality first graders and when you look at what they did with Lawrence and Horo this will continue.

I believe that as long as Manly have their DCE, Foran, Brett Stuart, Matt Balin, Jamie Lyons and Watmough they will stay in the top 8.
New Generation

Return to “Season 2014”