Interesting Potter and Blair comments.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Re: Interesting Potter and Blair comments.

Post by king sirro » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 7:11 pm

Yeh happy...i did say maybe Blair is keeping things close to his chest brother.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39070
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 7:26 pm

king sirro wrote:Yeh happy...i did say maybe Blair is keeping things close to his chest brother.
Sorry KS ,completely missed it my bad My apologies

Time for some :geek: I reckon :lol:

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 8:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:Yeh happy...i did say maybe Blair is keeping things close to his chest brother.
Sorry KS ,completely missed it my bad My apologies

Time for some :geek: I reckon :lol:
apologies not needed at all mate
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

littletiger
Member
Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:01 pm

Post by littletiger » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 9:33 pm

It was good to hear simona give potter a wrap.. he said he got his confidence from him not Sheens... Last year would of been hard for potter dealing with some of the players in that squad, the board, management ect... Potter did it tough and still standing. His had more of a influence this year on the squad so he Will be judged on this year results... I wish him all the best...

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5159
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 9:54 pm

lathami wrote:I'm with irvine potters a joke!
I give him six weeks and he's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!
He better pray for good results, or bye bye potter.
He knows it, I know it, payten knows it.
Players can't stand him. Man just listen to him during interviews, at half time, he has know idea.
Good luck and good bye.
Remember I was the one who said fafita was going to b a star.
That hit me right in the IRONY.

I think out of everyone on here and taking into account what we know as expert desktop analysers, we all know precisely NOTHING that is going on behind the coaching doors.

We all wrote off Matt Utai, then proceeded to eat our servings of humble pie with extra cream.

Think Potter may know what he is talking about.
Image


User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:50 pm

pHyR3 wrote:speaking of bullsh*t coming out of people's mouths, "Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter." :crazy :crazy
Yes they are..What's your problem with that ? What's crazy about it.
Potter is a nice guy but his not as good a coach as the others. But credit to him his surrounded himself with people that know the modern game a lot better than what he does. Unlike Sheens who never employed someone that could eventually take his job.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:11 am

sameulcon wrote:I was more concerned with Potters comments regarding Luke Brooks. Saying he would be the obvious first choice halfback "if fit".

I have heard a rumour that he may be injured and could miss the start of the season.
He had stress fractures in his back, interrupted pre-season

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:33 am

lathami wrote:I'm with irvine potters a joke!
I give him six weeks and he's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!
He better pray for good results, or bye bye potter.
He knows it, I know it, payten knows it.
Players can't stand him. Man just listen to him during interviews, at half time, he has know idea.
Good luck and good bye.
Remember I was the one who said fafita was going to b a star.
Feel better now?

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2792
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 8:07 am

lathami wrote:I'm with irvine potters a joke!
I give him six weeks and he's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!
He better pray for good results, or bye bye potter.
He knows it, I know it, payten knows it.
Players can't stand him. Man just listen to him during interviews, at half time, he has know idea.
Good luck and good bye.
Remember I was the one who said fafita was going to b a star.
Time will tell mate ..... He probably hasn't had a fair go up to now so let's see how he goes in 2014. Most on the forum are not expecting the team to do that well this year .... Whoever's coach probably won't make that much difference. Anyway, lets hope he surprises and gets a few early wins ..... Nothing like winning to make everyone happy.... just look at the cricket !

lathami
Member
Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by lathami » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 8:58 am

Fair point girls!
Time will tell, but I stand by my comments.
He may be a nice guy, but who cares I need him to be smart, intense and articulate. And most of all win games, which I know he is not and can not!!!!
Look at all the good coaches they have that drive, the intensity. Man I hear crickets when potter talks, nothing there.
Yer, great calls about key board warriors.
Mate I am only telling u what I hear from people in the know!!
I know potter was trying to get rid of payten, and Mayer told potter to go jump, and unforced his appointment!
As potter is running scared.
Look nothing personal with potter, I just want the team to be a success!
Great call innsanink, such a soft c**k, talk about key board warriors. U should know better.

tigermaniac
Member
Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:24 am

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:31 am

So Potter wants Payten gone, but then agrees to him getting a promotion to work with the first grade squad?? That sounds a little far fetched to me.

I have never heard a player come out in the media and bag Potter, in fact Robbie today claimed last years poor run was not Potter's fault and was the players responsibility.

Adding further pressure to the large task he already has is not going to help WT achieve success.

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:36 am

pHyR3 wrote:
Irvine wrote:I am really over all the s*** that comes out of Blair's mouth. This is his third year with us and it will be no different from the last two years. Look up his stats and you will see he has the worst defence of any front rower in the NRL.

Potter well he doesn't have long to go. Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter.
I hope he just takes a back seat this year and Potter please don't talk to the team at half time...go buy yourself an ice cream and use the time productively.
speaking of bullsh*t coming out of people's mouths, "Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter." :crazy :crazy
That is a slack comment from someone that has no idea. Wake up to yourself.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigermaniac
Member
Member
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:36 am

Get your head checked you goose. How can someone even continue reading your garbage when there is no substance. For someone to comment that Payten and Kidwell are better coaches than Potter, that'll do me. There've never coached at NRL level before, so what history are you basing this thought on. Please come back and explain yourself a bit more when the drugs exit your system.

Don't confuse hating with rating.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Guest

Post by Guest » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:42 am

Anonymous wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
"Irvine" wrote:I am really over all the s*** that comes out of Blair's mouth. This is his third year with us and it will be no different from the last two years. Look up his stats and you will see he has the worst defence of any front rower in the NRL.

Potter well he doesn't have long to go. Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter.
I hope he just takes a back seat this year and Potter please don't talk to the team at half time...go buy yourself an ice cream and use the time productively.
speaking of bullsh*t coming out of people's mouths, "Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter." :crazy :crazy
That is a slack comment from someone that has no idea. Wake up to yourself.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Apologies phyr3. Thought that was your comment.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5396
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:43 am

A horse named Laidback Larry won at Randwick yesterday and the name reminded me of Potter. To be fair though being a laidback coach does not necessarily negatively impact on effective communication and motivation. I think that the current Roosters coach is in the same mould and he's going O.K.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:54 am

lathami wrote:Fair point girls!
Time will tell, but I stand by my comments.
He may be a nice guy, but who cares I need him to be smart, intense and articulate. And most of all win games, which I know he is not and can not!!!!
Look at all the good coaches they have that drive, the intensity. Man I hear crickets when potter talks, nothing there.
Yer, great calls about key board warriors.
Mate I am only telling u what I hear from people in the know!!
I know potter was trying to get rid of payten, and Mayer told potter to go jump, and unforced his appointment!
As potter is running scared.
Look nothing personal with potter, I just want the team to be a success!
Great call innsanink, such a soft c**k, talk about key board warriors. U should know better.
Ironic.

Youre the one tossing round insults left right and center, making BS claims and generally talking crap...and I'm the k/board warrior?

:lol:

OK mate....got it all off your chest?

User avatar
Tigger8
Member
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed 25 Dec, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by Tigger8 » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:36 am

There are 5 different styles of coaching, they go by different names but basically they are:
Authoritarian
Businesslike
Nice guy
Intense
Easygoing

Every coach has their own unique coaching style, can be a mix of two or more or it can primarily be one. It generally matches their personality.

From what I can tell with Potter is that he would be in the nice guy/easygoing mould... This doesn't mean he is a bad coach! Just means he does things different. Some players (Tim Simona) react in a more positive manor to that style of coaching. Some dont.

I think this year you will really see Potter come into his own... In 2013 I just dont feel as if the players bought into what he was trying to do. 2014 will be Mick's year.

Good luck to him and to the WT in general!
Anasta for PM.

Post Reply