Interesting Potter and Blair comments.

Interesting Potter and Blair comments.

Unread post by Guest » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 11:46 am

[quote="greatodensraven"]Tim Simona doesn't seem to mind Potter too much.

Agree. I found Simona's interview interesting. He basically said Sheens had no faith and didn't give him much of a go & that Potter has been the opposite. Potter obviously showed some faith in him and well, look how he replayed him! Potter has no reason (I.e. favorites!) to not give the right players a go. Unlike Sheens and his boys club.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 11:49 am

:lol: As if any current player is going to say something negative about the guy that picks the team.
Buy Benji or Blake a beer and see what they think of Potter.

tigsta

Unread post by tigsta » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm

Irvine wrote::lol: As if any current player is going to say something negative about the guy that picks the team.
Why would we care about benji or Blake. Both are gone and have offered nothing In two seasons under two different coaches. Like I have said on many occasions, benji was the biggest thorn in our side for two seasons. Who cares what either of them think.

We have a new side with a new coach who will have his first crack this year IMO. Trying to coach a side with benji in the side is pointless. It was quite clear he did what ever he wanted out there and failed dismally.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 1:00 pm

Irvine wrote::lol: As if any current player is going to say something negative about the guy that picks the team.
Compelling argument you put forth there.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 1:02 pm

you're right that no current player would say negative things about potter. but they do NOT have to say anything positive. simona could have praised any number of things that contributed to his 2013 form but he specifically chose the change in coaches. and hey, maybe it's to get in potter's good books but i honestly dont think mick gives a crap what simona says to wests tigers TV.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Unread post by Guest » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 1:41 pm

The way they both played in 2012 and 13 you buy them a beer, I wouldn't.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 1:47 pm

We all should buy Potter a beer for getting rid of them

Tigersmurf
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 1:49 pm

Guest wrote:
The way they both played in 2012 and 13 you buy them a beer, I wouldn't.

Agreed Guest. They got what they deserved - I don't see the point of Irvine's post?

Unread post by Guest » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 2:04 pm

[quote="Irvine"]:lol: As if any current player is going to say something negative about the guy that picks the team.

Well we didn't see much of Simona with Sheens as head coach did we? He's been in the shadows for quite some time mow. He specifically had a dig at the lack of belief from Sheens. My point being he was given a chance and certainly, in my eyes, repaid the chance with superb form.

Ironically, it's the very thing that has a good chunk of our fans still cursing over the loss of Fifita.

radiowave82

Unread post by radiowave82 » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 2:08 pm

Tigger8 wrote:There are 5 different styles of coaching, they go by different names but basically they are:
Authoritarian
Businesslike
Nice guy
Intense
Easygoing

Every coach has their own unique coaching style, can be a mix of two or more or it can primarily be one. It generally matches their personality.

From what I can tell with Potter is that he would be in the nice guy/easygoing mould... This doesn't mean he is a bad coach! Just means he does things different. Some players (Tim Simona) react in a more positive manor to that style of coaching. Some dont.

I think this year you will really see Potter come into his own... In 2013 I just dont feel as if the players bought into what he was trying to do. 2014 will be Mick's year.

Good luck to him and to the WT in general!
What was/is Sheens?

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 7:13 pm

Re bodene... This is what any coach wants to see...

A guy who is on the edge of making the side( not guaranteed) busting his guts, trying to make the team and improve.

That's the attitude any coach would love to see.

If he deserves a spot I have no problem with that.

If his form or attitude do not warrant a spot, then he should not be selected.

Remember that he was injured for much of last year, and returned early due to injury concerns... So wasn't really at full fitness for most of the year.

With the depth we have now. If he doesn't perform, he won't be there. Nothing to worry about!

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 9:57 pm

as one of the remnants of the sheens era and his lacklustre form in 2013, i'm very wary of bodene. its great he is putting in the hard yards, but i want to see that on the field as well before he's in my preferred 17.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:42 pm

pHyR3 wrote:as one of the remnants of the sheens era and his lacklustre form in 2013, i'm very wary of bodene. its great he is putting in the hard yards, but i want to see that on the field as well before he's in my preferred 17.
I agree 100%, form is a massive factor.

Whoever is in the best 17 should play.

Regardless of rep etc, if form doesn't produce what's required, then they should be dropped.

If he's fit, playing well... I have no probs.

If not, bye bye

palms
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by palms » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 11:13 pm

Let's remember Potter had the balls to drop Marshall so no doubt he will assess and review the current playing roster adequately. At a Potter has got rid of our dead wood and brought the finest talent into first grade. He has a whole new coaching staff on board and you piss ants still want to complain. Let the man do his job and judge on performance, worrying about something that you haven't seen nor have control over really defines who you whinges are

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 19 Jan, 2014 11:34 pm

tiger85 wrote:Thompson doesn't get nearly enough credit. OK he isn't going to ever win the golden boot but he never stops defending, and he has grunt in his tackles. Something that we have been calling for from our team from a while. he is an honest toiler who tackles hard and hits the line hard. He plays with a bit of ticker and in my book he can keep his jersey as long as does. we all know how many players with out heart have been able to keep playing at the club
Ticker is not a word I would use to describe Bodene.

Lazy bum more like it. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first 13 IMO.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:29 am

radiowave82 wrote:
Tigger8 wrote:There are 5 different styles of coaching, they go by different names but basically they are:
Authoritarian
Businesslike
Nice guy
Intense
Easygoing

Every coach has their own unique coaching style, can be a mix of two or more or it can primarily be one. It generally matches their personality.

From what I can tell with Potter is that he would be in the nice guy/easygoing mould... This doesn't mean he is a bad coach! Just means he does things different. Some players (Tim Simona) react in a more positive manor to that style of coaching. Some dont.

I think this year you will really see Potter come into his own... In 2013 I just dont feel as if the players bought into what he was trying to do. 2014 will be Mick's year.

What was/is Sheens?
Unemployed

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:31 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger85 wrote:Thompson doesn't get nearly enough credit. OK he isn't going to ever win the golden boot but he never stops defending, and he has grunt in his tackles. Something that we have been calling for from our team from a while. he is an honest toiler who tackles hard and hits the line hard. He plays with a bit of ticker and in my book he can keep his jersey as long as does. we all know how many players with out heart have been able to keep playing at the club
Ticker is not a word I would use to describe Bodene.

Lazy bum more like it. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first 13 IMO.
His first two games were OK and he just went downhill after that

Unread post by Guest » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 1:10 am

Authoritarian
Businesslike
Nice guy
Intense
Easygoing

I wouldn't say easy going? Esp with his quote of not coming here to make friends.
I reckon he is more of a planner, nice guy, not intense at all and a little bit authoritarian on the young guys. IMO the key is to absorb one of those types depending on who you are dealing with.

The reason IMO potter wasn't able to extract the best out of Benji is that he was maybe more authoritative over him rather than being friendly. Not that it was easy being friendly with a guy with a lot of ego from what I can tell..

Return to “Season 2014”