Interesting Potter and Blair comments.

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 44 times

Interesting Potter and Blair comments.

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 9:31 am

Just a few little bits that grabbed my attention from recent Potter and Blair interviews. They are on the Wests Tigers website, sorry i cant link it from my phone.

Anyway, Blair said he's been training in the middle but doesnt really know where he see's himself playing. I find that strange, came across as though he wasnt on the same wavelength as Potter as Blair was referring to either being in tight or a wide running backrower. Personally i think we will see Blair play up front as we try and implement ball playing amongst our forwards (something we saw a little of late last year)...but i just find it odd Potter hasnt made this clear to Blair.....or maybe Blair is keeping things close to his chest.

Potters comments are both good and bad. He praises Bodene Thompson which concerns me. I not really a fan of Bodene and i have a bad feeling he will start the year ahead of BMM and Paterson.

But i do like that he believes Taupau will be very good for us. So expect him to be on the bench round one pending trial form.

And his comments on Lawrence were GREAT. Stating that he looks sensational in training and its the best he's seen him look. Carried a hell of a lot of injuries last year and looks to be over them. Music to our ears and i now have hope he can return to his best...fingers crossed.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 9:40 am

In fairness to Potter, he still may not have have it clear in his own mind what he's doing with Blair. Hopefully the trials will help make things a bit clearer.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 9:44 am

what did he say about Bodene???

Fraze23
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 9:46 am

I get the same sort of vibe with Thompson. Potter just seems to be a big fan of him. He wasn't awful last year, but he never really set the world on fire either. I'd be disappointed to see him selected ahead of BMM and Patterson.

tiger85

Unread post by tiger85 » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 10:01 am

Thompson doesn't get nearly enough credit. OK he isn't going to ever win the golden boot but he never stops defending, and he has grunt in his tackles. Something that we have been calling for from our team from a while. he is an honest toiler who tackles hard and hits the line hard. He plays with a bit of ticker and in my book he can keep his jersey as long as does. we all know how many players with out heart have been able to keep playing at the club
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 10:07 am

I didn't take Blair's comments quite the same way. My take was that he liked being really involved in the nitty gritty of the game and also enjoyed the running role of a wide backrower.

Whilst we paid overs for him and will be until the end of next year, we leak a lot more points when he is off the field than on, as he does so much work off the ball and is often our only decoy runner for hit ups. As he has a good motor, I think that we will get the best out of him by playing as a Merrin style modern lock with a bit of time up front to accommodate game time for the aggressive Sue.

yeti
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by yeti » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 10:31 am

Re Bodene - if he is playing well enough to be selected then that's great! He certainly wasn't last year, but he did have that injury early on. So if Potter sees enough from him to pick him in the 17 then that can only be good for the Tigers. Just means the other players mentioned such as BMM and Patterson will have to up the ante further in order to get a run. I like it.

Anthism

Unread post by Anthism » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:24 am

I don't get it with some of you.
You don't want people picked on their past but if someone is smashing the trials it concerns you

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:39 am

Knuckles wrote:In fairness to Potter, he still may not have have it clear in his own mind what he's doing with Blair. Hopefully the trials will help make things a bit clearer.
I know what position I'd be playing him.... Left right out

sameulcon

Unread post by sameulcon » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:48 am

I was more concerned with Potters comments regarding Luke Brooks. Saying he would be the obvious first choice halfback "if fit".

I have heard a rumour that he may be injured and could miss the start of the season.

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:53 am

simonthetiger wrote:what did he say about Bodene???

When asked who has impressed him he singled out Bodene. Doesnt necessarily mean anything, but out of 30 odd players he was the first that came to Potters mind.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:58 am

Irvine wrote:I am really over all the s*** that comes out of Blair's mouth. This is his third year with us and it will be no different from the last two years. Look up his stats and you will see he has the worst defence of any front rower in the NRL.

Potter well he doesn't have long to go. Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter.
I hope he just takes a back seat this year and Potter please don't talk to the team at half time...go buy yourself an ice cream and use the time productively.
speaking of bullsh*t coming out of people's mouths, "Payten, Kidwell and Webster are all better coaches than Potter." :crazy :crazy
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:02 pm

sameulcon wrote:I was more concerned with Potters comments regarding Luke Brooks. Saying he would be the obvious first choice halfback "if fit".

I have heard a rumour that he may be injured and could miss the start of the season.
'if fit' is just covering his back i guess. considering he is in full training and theres like 7 weeks till the season starts Brooks will be starting as far as Potter knows im sure.

if he was injured and wasnt gonna be playing round 1, he also wouldnt be playing trials and 9s and we'll see if he does in a few weeks.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tigrr
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Tigrr » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 1:05 pm

Maybe Bodene was injured last year so he could not reach his potential when he was played. I get the impression that he is an impressive trainer. Apparently at the Titans he did the strongest bench press !

lathami

Unread post by lathami » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm with irvine potters a joke!
I give him six weeks and he's gone!!!!!!!!!!!!
He better pray for good results, or bye bye potter.
He knows it, I know it, payten knows it.
Players can't stand him. Man just listen to him during interviews, at half time, he has know idea.
Good luck and good bye.
Remember I was the one who said fafita was going to b a star.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 6:47 pm

Tim Simona doesn't seem to mind Potter too much.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 6:57 pm

lathami wrote:Man just listen to him during interviews, at half time, he has know idea.
Good luck and good bye.
Remember I was the one who said fafita was going to b a star.
I could tell that Fifita should have been retained and I find it surprising that I read posts stating that it was okay to let him go.

In saying that you are stating that Potter has know idea (it should be no). I think Potter comes across as a decent guy. I think we need to give him some time.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Jan, 2014 7:05 pm

king sirro wrote:Just a few little bits that grabbed my attention from recent Potter and Blair interviews. They are on the Wests Tigers website, sorry i cant link it from my phone.

Anyway, Blair said he's been training in the middle but doesnt really know where he see's himself playing. I find that strange, came across as though he wasnt on the same wavelength as Potter as Blair was referring to either being in tight or a wide running backrower. Personally i think we will see Blair play up front as we try and implement ball playing amongst our forwards (something we saw a little of late last year)...but i just find it odd Potter hasnt made this clear to Blair.....or maybe Blair is keeping things close to his chest.

Potters comments are both good and bad. He praises Bodene Thompson which concerns me. I not really a fan of Bodene and i have a bad feeling he will start the year ahead of BMM and Paterson.

But i do like that he believes Taupau will be very good for us. So expect him to be on the bench round one pending trial form.

And his comments on Lawrence were GREAT. Stating that he looks sensational in training and its the best he's seen him look. Carried a hell of a lot of injuries last year and looks to be over them. Music to our ears and i now have hope he can return to his best...fingers crossed.
Any chance KS that possibly they are going to try something different with Blair and they don't want other clubs knowing what it is

I can't possibly imagine (unless they aren't going to pick him in the 17 ) that he wouldn't know his role for 2014

Return to “Season 2014”