Nrl summertime

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Nrl summertime

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 10:07 pm

smeghead wrote:Good thing IMO. You want your captain to be that large force. But time without him gave rise to other voices.

Hoping it means balance
Great thing I reckon Smeg

These young blokes will be our leaders before they know it

And you never know , Farah gets a season ending injury and these young blokes will be the club leaders

softlaw
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 10:10 pm

Liked Lawrence's comment that Potter is now treating the team as 'his'. The confidence to do that will hopefully flow through and the players will respond better to him.
Lawrence is also saying that he's fit which is nice. Upper body may have slimmed down slightly?
Brooks is still not back to full contact training and hasn;t done a lot of work with the team yet which is a shame.
Potter said Anasta was training really well which is a bit of a giveaway as to the 6 jumper.
Nofo & Simona seem to be good mates which is nice.
Big Patty had a bit of a chat.
Halatau still looks like he needs a decent feed to be a backrower.
Lots of talk from Blair - I really hope that something comes of it but who knows. At least he wants to play in the middle.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Unread post by Guest » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 10:55 pm

phil1986 wrote:
iofthetigers wrote:Just a heads up that tigers are on nrl summertime this Wednesday.I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere.
Thanks buddy

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Irvine

Unread post by Irvine » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 11:04 pm

Good show Lawrence looking good as are the rest of the boys.

I don't know I just can't stomach Blair and having his wife on the show didn't help change my mind.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 11:33 pm

Blair wants to play in the middle. This is good.

I took lots of positives out of this. Austin got a few mentions so i have little doubt Anasta will be looking over his shoulder.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:11 am

Fraze23 wrote:One thing about us that caught my attention was Potter saying how different it was starting the season without Robbie there. He said a lot of the younger blokes came out of their shell and were more willing to run things at training without him being there. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
Bad thing he is loudly implying it has always been the Benito and Robbie show and the rest of the players just followed them...

iofthetigers

Unread post by iofthetigers » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 7:38 am

Mentioned Moses as an option at 5/8 so he may not be that far away. Good to see Blocker there coaching (Ben Kennedy had huge wraps on him at Manly) with Kidwell & Lawrence believing this year is more intense at training. Potter mentioned Simona as impressing at training (even though not in full contact)as well as Jack Buccannen. Just by watching last night there appears to be a no nonsense approach at the tigers great to see.

spearby

Unread post by spearby » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 8:55 am

I liked what I seen who would you make vice captain for the year my pick would be blair get him more involved. I also thought the players were all happy and confident we might be in for a good year if the injury gods smile on us

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 9:18 am

spearby wrote:I liked what I seen who would you make vice captain for the year my pick would be blair get him more involved. I also thought the players were all happy and confident we might be in for a good year if the injury gods smile on us
Fulton or Lawrence for vc

Hbom
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Hbom » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 10:18 am

Every canberra player on the show looked like they hadn't had a feed in a couple of weeks. If there is a triathlon round, the raiders might be good things!

Was pleased to hear Big Ava is going well in the preseason. I know the coach threw around quite a few names, but I thought Ava started to be more of a force later in the season and would be a shame for him to get left out with the arrival of Tapau. I guess there will always be injuries so they will all get their chance, but I have a good feeling about Ava.

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:07 am

happy tiger wrote:
spearby wrote:I liked what I seen who would you make vice captain for the year my pick would be blair get him more involved. I also thought the players were all happy and confident we might be in for a good year if the injury gods smile on us
Fulton or Lawrence for vc
My thoughts exactly! I would love to see either of them be V/C they both deserve it especially Fults.
Tigersman since 2013!

BrotherJim05

Unread post by BrotherJim05 » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:56 am

Fulton will def be Vice Cap. Can't remember the game but there was one this year where Robbie and Benji were both not playing and Fulton looked to be the stand in captain.

I'm now very worried that Brooks is not at 100%. I really hope he does not play in the Aukland 9s and has time to heal up. We need him more than we all care to admit.
New Generation

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 4:43 pm

Anyone know where I might see this online??

Been away for a bit, foxtel-less

underdog
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 6:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:Anyone know where I might see this online??

Been away for a bit, foxtel-less
I might be able to help you there Ink.

Check your PM when yhou get a sec.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 6:51 pm

Thanks UD
Reply PM sent

underdog
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 7:35 pm

You're Welcome Ink.

If anyone else wants to see NRL summertime (admittedly it was pretty standard paint by the numbers stuff, however there were a few good bits, and Ricky Stuart was hilarious.... in a bad way for raiders fans) let me know via PM

jas83

Unread post by jas83 » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 9:27 pm

underdog wrote:You're Welcome Ink.

If anyone else wants to see NRL summertime (admittedly it was pretty standard paint by the numbers stuff, however there were a few good bits, and Ricky Stuart was hilarious.... in a bad way for raiders fans) let me know via PM
Hey underdog, would you please PM the link as I'm currently overseas and keen to watch it as well. Thanks

tigsta

Unread post by tigsta » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 9:39 pm

underdog wrote:You're Welcome Ink.

Could you please send me the link also underdog. Cheers.

Return to “Season 2014”