Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Warriors, Wests Tigers in Round 4 switch

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 6:10 pm

Warriors, Wests Tigers in Round 4 switch

NRL

5:30pm Tue 04th February, 2014

The NRL has today confirmed a change to the Round 4 Telstra Premiership match between the Warriors and Wests Tigers at Westpac Stadium, Wellington, which will now be played at 5pm (3pm EST) on Saturday, March 29.

The match had originally been scheduled for a 2pm start (12pm EST) on Sunday, March 30.

“In consultation with the Warriors and broadcaster Fox Sports we have agreed to move the game,” NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg, said.

“The new timeslot will give more fans the chance to travel to Wellington from across New Zealand for the match and it will make for a Super Saturday night of viewing on Fox Sports.”

http://www.nrl.com/warriors,-wests-tige ... fault.aspx

NZWarriorsFans

Unread post by NZWarriorsFans » Wed 05 Feb, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi guys,
Hopefully it is not affecting any Tigers fans who had planned to come to NZ. We found news about it on monday that the switch might be occurring on the forums. As I understand it, Warriors partner Air NZ is trying to accommodate the flight changes so that noone is out of pocket. You can follow the following thread if you need more detail.

http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/warni ... ton.33291/

Look forward to seeing your fans in Wellington!

alex

Unread post by alex » Wed 05 Feb, 2014 3:03 pm

Well that sucks for those of us booked on Qantas

NZWarriorsFans

Unread post by NZWarriorsFans » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 9:32 am

alex wrote:Well that sucks for those of us booked on Qantas
Hi Alex, i would recommend you emailing Dan Burton(dan@warriors.co.nz) or Wayne Scurrah(wayne@warriors.co.nz) and explaining about your predicament, and hopefully they are able to help out by all the inconvenience caused. Also keep tabs on the thread posted above for latest news as many of our members are also getting in contact with people in the know regarding change of flights/compensation.

alex

Unread post by alex » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks mate, will do. I also posted on Twitter about the change (to Todd Greenberg, the NRL and the Tigers) and the Tigers responded straight away asking for my details and they'll get in contact with the NRL.

My flight arrives from Sydney at 3pm on the Saturday. It's cutting it extremely fine to get from the airport to the ground, via the hotel. I'm hoping they don't say something along the lines of "well you arrive at 3pm, you can get to the ground by kick off". We're also booked to fly back on the Monday but will most likely come back on Sunday now, so our accommodation booking is affected too.

Gray

Unread post by Gray » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 2:02 pm

alex wrote:Thanks mate, will do. I also posted on Twitter about the change (to Todd Greenberg, the NRL and the Tigers) and the Tigers responded straight away asking for my details and they'll get in contact with the NRL.

My flight arrives from Sydney at 3pm on the Saturday. It's cutting it extremely fine to get from the airport to the ground, via the hotel. I'm hoping they don't say something along the lines of "well you arrive at 3pm, you can get to the ground by kick off". We're also booked to fly back on the Monday but will most likely come back on Sunday now, so our accommodation booking is affected too.
You'll be fine mate! Where abouts is your hotel?

Airport is only 15mins from city centre and the stadium is 5mins from there. 2hours should be heaps of time

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

cochise
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by cochise » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 3:48 pm

The NRL is hopeless, they still have the game listed on their website for the Sunday.

alex

Unread post by alex » Thu 06 Feb, 2014 4:38 pm

Gray wrote:
alex wrote:Thanks mate, will do. I also posted on Twitter about the change (to Todd Greenberg, the NRL and the Tigers) and the Tigers responded straight away asking for my details and they'll get in contact with the NRL.

You'll be fine mate! Where abouts is your hotel?

Airport is only 15mins from city centre and the stadium is 5mins from there. 2hours should be heaps of time

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

It's more the fact that 2 hours doesn't allow for anything to go wrong. A slight delay here or there could throw everything off.

Plus, I like getting there to watch the U20s game.

It's just frustrating that the NRL announces the schedule for the first 20 rounds so fans can plan, then they change it!

alex

Unread post by alex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 9:45 am

Just had a call from the Tigers saying the NRL will cover the costs of having to change my flights. The change for the flights alone set us back $370 for my dad and myself.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:33 am

alex wrote:Just had a call from the Tigers saying the NRL will cover the costs of having to change my flights. The change for the flights alone set us back $370 for my dad and myself.
wow! too easy, great work from them. and fair enough, given they changed it after giving out the draw
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

alex

Unread post by alex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:51 am

The Tigers were very helpful. After I tweeted about my problem they asked me to get in touch with them and they would look in to it. I never had one response from the NRL. Was chalk and cheese between the two.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 11:09 am

Maybe the NRL knew the tigers were sorting it all out?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

alex

Unread post by alex » Fri 14 Mar, 2014 11:27 am

pHyR3 wrote:Maybe the NRL knew the tigers were sorting it all out?
A simple "thanks, we'll look into it and are speaking with the Tigers" would've been a whole lot better than silence.

Anyway, glad it's resolved. We did the right thing by booking early (isn't that the point of the pre-determined draw?), so was only fair the NRL compensate when they put us out.

Return to “Season 2014”