Why Are The Refs Always Against Us?

ImageImageImage
Flippedy

Re: Why Are The Refs Always Against Us?

Post by Flippedy » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 11:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Flippedy wrote:This year especially, we just can't seem to get an even break! It's so damn frustrating. We've just been snuffed out of so many games lately when we've actually had half a chance of winning - it's completely demoralizing!
We didn't lose 50-22 and finish 15th because of poor refs calls. It may make you feel better for 5 minutes but seriously get a grip.

We are poor... We will be poor for several seasons to come. Pining our hopes on an 18yr old HB is just delusional

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I know the team has played like crap for much of the year and there is no one else to blame for that except themselves , but tonight we were in that game, having all the momentum straight after half time. Then the Cowboys score 3 times off 3 dodgy decisions (all in their favour) and we end up with no football for about 20 minutes - momentum killed, can't come back from that, may as well give up. Same as last week. We're not the only team that this regularly happens to. Some of the refereeing has been abysmal this year and it's having a huge effect on the outcome of matches and that's just plain wrong.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 11:33 pm

2014 is where we will start our comeback , long off season , but it will only get better , have faith , bigger stronger , smarter , younger , winnerrs

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 07 Sep, 2013 11:44 pm

Refereeing is one of the last things we should be worried about. I have never seen a side leak points like us.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:06 am

jimmyz wrote:we cant tackle,kick get 50 put on us come 15th and we blame the refs,please now ive heard everything.

Did you see the game? If you did then you are a goose for the above posting. If you did'nt then you are a goose for the above posting.

Wests did not play that well, however, they were not allowed.

Some of those calls against us were pretty much akin to cheating. We were not good enough to win, however the scoreline was manufactured by the ref's.

Appalling.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:28 am

Tigerdave wrote:I think it's every team in the bottom half of the comp to be honest that this happens to, but yes tonight and against the Bunnies, we weren't given a fair go
yup ask ricky or ivan cleary
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:37 am

WestsSupporter wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:I think it's every team in the bottom half of the comp to be honest that this happens to, but yes tonight and against the Bunnies, we weren't given a fair go
x3

it's pathetic. top 4 get all the 50-50s go there way. if bottom 4 team is carrying the ball- it's a knock on. if it's a top 4 team- it's a strip.

i dont think there is any solution to that. you can't stop referees from being bias here tbh. you just gotta stop them from going into games from pre-formed ideas.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 12:43 am

My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 7:58 am

magpiecol wrote:
jimmyz wrote:we cant tackle,kick get 50 put on us come 15th and we blame the refs,please now ive heard everything.

Did you see the game? If you did then you are a goose for the above posting. If you did'nt then you are a goose for the above posting.

Some of those calls against us were pretty much akin to cheating. We were not good enough to win, however the scoreline was manufactured by the ref's.

Appalling.
wake up to urself you knob if you think the refs were a problem,get your black and white eyes off and you might just realize we r a disgrace,worst defence in history and attack that has gone backwards under potter from where im standing i can see who the goose is.

Post by Guest » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 9:09 am

jimmyz wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Appalling.
wake up to urself you knob if you think the refs were a problem,get your black and white eyes off and you might just realize we r a disgrace,worst defence in history and attack that has gone backwards under potter from where im standing i can see who the goose is.
That being the case, the refs are still corrupted, most of you laugh at soccer corruption hahaha see now that big money and media is controlling the game, do you think corruptions head doesnt follow????
Wakeup.....

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 1:57 pm

Wether we were good enough or not to win is a different story. The end score line tells the result. Don't forget at 22 all, the game was anyone's, and if you think the refereeing was neutral go get your head checked. With people saying that after a loss we come up with the same excuse, all I can say is you don't understand jack sh1t about league, and your excuse is poor.
Can you imaging 4 wrong calls in a game of tennis in the 5 set, the guy getting the dud calls will have no chance of putting himself back together, frustration kills you. Now times that by 13-17 players.

Players make it the greatest game of all.
Referees make it the greatest shame of all.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 6:28 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
WestsSupporter wrote:
x3

it's pathetic. top 4 get all the 50-50s go there way. if bottom 4 team is carrying the ball- it's a knock on. if it's a top 4 team- it's a strip.

i dont think there is any solution to that. you can't stop referees from being bias here tbh. you just gotta stop them from going into games from pre-formed ideas.

There needs to be some consequences for the officials who referee matches one-sided like this - their bias needs to be called out for what it is because it's blatantly corrupt and it's ruining the game. Ftr, you'd think if they're gonna carry a bias into a match, it would be for the underdog.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 6:45 pm

Don't think there was too much bias in the reffing this week it was just poor.

Last week they obviously wanted the big minor premiership clash....
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 6:49 pm

3cats wrote:
players like lote bell spence anasta that are oxygen thief's and you want to worry about a few dodgy calls,i think our club has a lot more to worry aboutdont you think.jimmyz
your an oxygen thief jimmyz
yeh im so sick of that saying. and anyway, the plural of thief is thieves and its people WHO are, not that are....

and stop calling people knobs just because they are putting forth their opinion! its a forum.

Post by Guest » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 7:10 pm

turnstyle wrote:
3cats wrote:
players like lote bell spence anasta that are oxygen thief's and you want to worry about a few dodgy calls,i think our club has a lot more to worry aboutdont you think.jimmyz
your an oxygen thief jimmyz
yeh im so sick of that saying. and anyway, the plural of thief is thieves and its people WHO are, not that are....

and stop calling people knobs just because they are putting forth their opinion! its a forum.
I can call u alot worse if you like.i can also express my opinion and its laughable trying to blame the refs. Every game is also going to have dodgy calls and it's how you react to the situation and at the moment we are the worst defensive team in history of the tigers and we are a basket case ATM.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 7:15 pm

Seriously, based on what I have seen this year especially, I think that it is because the team has not been correctly coached on how to milk penalties. Correct methods of wrestling are also a big factor. I also notice that the team rarely uses the cannonball tackle which slows the play significantly but is considered by referees to be quite legitimate.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:09 pm

Flippedy wrote: There needs to be some consequences for the officials who referee matches one-sided like this - their bias needs to be called out for what it is because it's blatantly corrupt and it's ruining the game. Ftr, you'd think if they're gonna carry a bias into a match, it would be for the underdog.
imo referees always go into games thinking oh it's souths vs tigers. tigers will try to slow the ruck down to stop 'em- hence we get more penalised than them. it's not corruption imo- neither is it favouritism, it's human nature to have pre formed ideas.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:35 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Flippedy wrote: There needs to be some consequences for the officials who referee matches one-sided like this - their bias needs to be called out for what it is because it's blatantly corrupt and it's ruining the game. Ftr, you'd think if they're gonna carry a bias into a match, it would be for the underdog.
imo referees always go into games thinking oh it's souths vs tigers. tigers will try to slow the ruck down to stop 'em- hence we get more penalised than them. it's not corruption imo- neither is it favouritism, it's human nature to have pre formed ideas.
They shouldn't be refereeing if they're carrying pre-formed ideas into matches. They should just be refereeing the game as it's being played. They have way too much influence on the outcomes of games, therefore it is corruption, imo.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Sep, 2013 10:48 pm

depends on your definition of corruption i guess
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal