Wests Tigers - GC 9's game thread

Yossarian

Re: Wests Tigers - GC 9's game thread

Post by Yossarian » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 11:55 am

happy tiger wrote:I think a lot of sides would of learnt a lot from watching the Titans play 9's

They appear to have put a lot of thought into their game particularly kick offs
Well they played 9s and we looked like we were trying to play 7s. We had something like a 1/3 possession and a 0-5 penalties so we couldn't win under those conditions. Aside from a bit of dropped ball we weren't terrible but the game plan wasn't there and the 3 tries in a row just killed us off. Forwards looked good - it's not really Woods' game. Tedesco was superb, Koro needs to spend more effort running with the ball and less on trying to decapitate people in defence.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:01 pm

Majere77 wrote:
Farah continues to play dumb football. He seems almost incapable of making a good decision with the ball in hand and it seems to be getting worse.
This is my real worry. He was poor to very poor for most of last year. It was no surprise that we played one of our better games in attack - against the Dragons - when Farah was out.

Farah's simple game can be very good. He needs to go back to basics.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:01 pm

It's a shame we didn't put more into our preparation. $110K just for making the finals definitely wouldn't have gone astray.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:02 pm

No game plan looked like they went out and just hope for the best. Wow Tedesco he looks bigger and faster then ever. Patterson looked good but to many penalties and lost ball.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:12 pm

With Marshall gone, Robbie will have nowhere to hide this year. He needs to play a good hookers game, not try to do it all. We have some talent to do the rest this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:16 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Majere77 wrote:
Farah continues to play dumb football. He seems almost incapable of making a good decision with the ball in hand and it seems to be getting worse.
This is my real worry. He was poor to very poor for most of last year. It was no surprise that we played one of our better games in attack - against the Dragons - when Farah was out.
Thank god someone else sees it.

Wados Dios

Post by Wados Dios » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:16 pm

How good was it to see Teddy in the clear! Looks like he has swapped his ice skates for footy boots this year too

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:19 pm

Fraze23 wrote:It's a shame we didn't put more into our preparation. $110K just for making the finals definitely wouldn't have gone astray.
Pretty sure every team gets $110k. $130k for the first round of finals I think.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:33 pm

Shaun Johnson WOW
Benji from 10 years ago

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:50 pm

Majere77 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Majere77 wrote:
Thank god someone else sees it.
I think we all see it.... but dont wanna admit it

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:53 pm

I will stick to looking at full format trial form I think.

TBH I haven't really enjoyed any of the 9's games. It is one of those things where you need to be there I think

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:57 pm

Denial is rampant on these boards....probably because we are usually very average

Time after time after terrible performances we minimise things by going to individuals. ''on a positive note - x was terrific'' blah blah ...etc etc....been going on for years

Its a team game...what we want is consistency throughout the team, a solid team effort on a regular basis...we rarely get this

While this will be long forgotten come september and Im not really concerned now...the premiership is the important thing...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 1:10 pm

Ah well redemption is only an hour away

Lets see if we learnt something from the Titans game and can improve dramatically v the Sharks

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 1:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:Denial is rampant on these boards....probably because we are usually very average

Time after time after terrible performances we minimise things by going to individuals. ''on a positive note - x was terrific'' blah blah ...etc etc....been going on for years

Its a team game...what we want is consistency throughout the team, a solid team effort on a regular basis...we rarely get this

While this will be long forgotten come september and Im not really concerned now...the premiership is the important thing...
Mate you hit the nail on the head!
Tigersman since 2013!

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 1:14 pm

As a few people have said already- chill it's the footy version of 20/20 - a bit of hit and giggle

I've watch every game so far and no one has impressed enough to carry across into serious discussion re the real thing

TBH warriors looked the best and we all know how they usually end up - they are all flash and lack the grind and discipline over the full season. Unlike the tigers (lol)

So just enjoy that the footy is back on and look forward to sunny days at leichhardt (or c'town)

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 1:15 pm

I don't mean to be negative but realistically I think we will finish between 10th and 14th , anything better than 10th I will classify that as a really good year .
We are a young team and building to the future , seriously who cares about the 9's , we should be all glad Footy is back .
By the end of this Tournament I bet you there will be some injuries to some stars of different clubs and then the media will start harping about "is this Tournament necessary"? blah blah blah and "is it necessary to play this Tournament 2 and half weeks out from the proper competition" . The media are going to love it.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 1:15 pm

Koribete dropped to the bench, Moses takes his place in the starting
Line up

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 1:16 pm

dazza65 wrote:As a few people have said already- chill it's the footy version of 20/20 - a bit of hit and giggle

I've watch every game so far and no one has impressed enough to carry across into serious discussion re the real thing

TBH warriors looked the best and we all know how they usually end up - they are all flash and lack the grind and discipline over the full season. Unlike the tigers (lol)

So just enjoy that the footy is back on and look forward to sunny days at leichhardt (or c'town)

Yeah I totally agree with you
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.