Wests Tigers v Sharks - NRL 9's - game II thread

User avatar
Tigersmurf
Member
Member
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Wests Tigers v Sharks - NRL 9's - game II thread

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:00 pm

softlaw wrote:Just rewound to see if I could see what happened to Sirro.
Looks like it happened completely off the ball, probably with zero contact. if so then it might be something bad. Hopefully he'sjust twisted his ankle though.
Lara Pitt mentioned it being a toe problem.


User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Unread post by tigergirlz » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:02 pm

And the Knights game going our way

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4204
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:02 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
softlaw wrote:Just rewound to see if I could see what happened to Sirro.
Looks like it happened completely off the ball, probably with zero contact. if so then it might be something bad. Hopefully he'sjust twisted his ankle though.
Lara Pitt mentioned it being a toe problem.
Thats not good. Toe problems can linger and take a while to recover.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3679
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:02 pm

ahhh, must have been while I was rewinding. ta
Hopefully nothing like the dramas that Galloway has had with his toe
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3679
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:05 pm

well, knigts will win so it all comes down to tomorrow!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 29977
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Unread post by willow » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:05 pm

Knights doing us a massive favor at the moment.

Back to the Tigers though...Tedesco was excellent, really smart play and he's got some serious pace this year. Koro when he's in the clear looks a million bucks but defensively he's struggling in this format. Farah played a lot more settled which was good and Patterson looks pretty good so far.

Terrible shame about Sirro. If he has suffered a similar injury to Galloway he'll be out for months. Just hope it's nothing that serious.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4204
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:05 pm

Another thing I noticed is that Moses has not looked that small out there. Whilst he still slim, and will struggle with defence in first grade, I think he has bulked up a fair bit. I expected him to stand out more given he looked small even in NYC last year. I could really see us starting to use him at the back end of this year.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3679
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:08 pm

southerntiger wrote:Another thing I noticed is that Moses has not looked that small out there. Whilst he still slim, and will struggle with defence in first grade, I think he has bulked up a fair bit. I expected him to stand out more given he looked small even in NYC last year. I could really see us starting to use him at the back end of this year.
He also looks like a classy player. Seems to have time, balance and a good footy brain. (all based on 2minutes of a nothing comp but anyway :) ) Promising.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

radiowave82
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed 05 Dec, 2012 10:42 pm

Unread post by radiowave82 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:12 pm

I gotta say - and people may hate me for saying this, so I'm sorry if they do - I'm a bit disappointed with what Robbie did. Seems to me he felt it was so important that the Wests Tigers win at least one game in the tournament that he was prepared to be grubby to see it happen. He held onto that leg so long after the ref blowed the whistle it was laughable. And then he made sure to give the tigers a breather by taking as long as possible to leave the playing field. I was thinking to myself that the Tigers do need to win at least one of their nines games, but it's a pity we couldn't do it in the right way.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 29977
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Unread post by willow » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:17 pm

I have no issue at all with what Robbie did.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Unread post by magpiecol » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:19 pm

radiowave82 wrote:I gotta say - and people may hate me for saying this, so I'm sorry if they do - I'm a bit disappointed with what Robbie did. Seems to me he felt it was so important that the Wests Tigers win at least one game in the tournament that he was prepared to be grubby to see it happen. He held onto that leg so long after the ref blowed the whistle it was laughable. And then he made sure to give the tigers a breather by taking as long as possible to leave the playing field. I was thinking to myself that the Tigers do need to win at least one of their nines games, but it's a pity we couldn't do it in the right way.
You are kidding right???

Obviously you have never played sport at any level. Unless of course if you are a recent schoolie and have not been taught how to win, or that there is any need to succeed.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36476
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:20 pm

radiowave82 wrote:I gotta say - and people may hate me for saying this, so I'm sorry if they do - I'm a bit disappointed with what Robbie did. Seems to me he felt it was so important that the Wests Tigers win at least one game in the tournament that he was prepared to be grubby to see it happen. He held onto that leg so long after the ref blowed the whistle it was laughable. And then he made sure to give the tigers a breather by taking as long as possible to leave the playing field. I was thinking to myself that the Tigers do need to win at least one of their nines games, but it's a pity we couldn't do it in the right way.
I hope to see every player in a Tigers jersey this season do every thing in their powers to win a game good ,bad or otherwise

Stuff whether it looks bad or not Their not angels ,their footballers playing for our club

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7872
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:27 pm

He knew that as soon as the whistle blew he was going to the bin so he held on to Gallen's leg for ages as a joke. He and Gallen are friends and he was just taking the piss. Same story with the walk off.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4903
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:29 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:
softlaw wrote:Just rewound to see if I could see what happened to Sirro.
Looks like it happened completely off the ball, probably with zero contact. if so then it might be something bad. Hopefully he'sjust twisted his ankle though.
Lara Pitt mentioned it being a toe problem.
Thats not good. Toe problems can linger and take a while to recover.
At least he walked himself off, better than being helped off.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3679
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Unread post by softlaw » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
radiowave82 wrote:I gotta say - and people may hate me for saying this, so I'm sorry if they do - I'm a bit disappointed with what Robbie did. Seems to me he felt it was so important that the Wests Tigers win at least one game in the tournament that he was prepared to be grubby to see it happen. He held onto that leg so long after the ref blowed the whistle it was laughable. And then he made sure to give the tigers a breather by taking as long as possible to leave the playing field. I was thinking to myself that the Tigers do need to win at least one of their nines games, but it's a pity we couldn't do it in the right way.
I hope to see every player in a Tigers jersey this season do every thing in their powers to win a game good ,bad or otherwise

Stuff whether it looks bad or not Their not angels ,their footballers playing for our club
Agree with the sentiment - but draw the line at gallenesque acts like ripping a players stitches out! (or anything hopoate may have done)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25436
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 3:38 pm

MacDougall wrote:He knew that as soon as the whistle blew he was going to the bin so he held on to Gallen's leg for ages as a joke. He and Gallen are friends and he was just taking the piss. Same story with the walk off.
The holding on forever was a joke.

Walking off very slowly the long way was calculated, it gave us as much of a breather as possible

Guest

Unread post by Guest » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:If the Knights win this game now against Titans, thats 1 win each for all teams in our pool...tomorrow will be interesting....f/a a big factor i think but unsure on rules
Since we've all one a match f/a means nothing. The 2 winners of Tigers/Knights and Sharks/Titans automatically progress.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Unread post by Fraze23 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:08 pm

Did anyone else notice the effort Fifita made to push Blair's head into the ground before the Gardner sinbinning?

Post Reply

Return to “Preseason || Trials || Auckland 9's”

cron