Wests Tigers v Sharks - NRL 9's - game II thread

Wagga Tiger

Re: Wests Tigers v Sharks - NRL 9's - game II thread

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:10 pm

Fraze23 wrote:Did anyone else notice the effort Fifita made to push Blair's head into the ground before the Gardner sinbinning?
Yep and what looked like an attempted knee to.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:15 pm

Guest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:If the Knights win this game now against Titans, thats 1 win each for all teams in our pool...tomorrow will be interesting....f/a a big factor i think but unsure on rules
Since we've all one a match f/a means nothing. The 2 winners of Tigers/Knights and Sharks/Titans automatically progress.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Yep. Ink knows his footy but not so much his math ;)

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:38 pm

Guest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:If the Knights win this game now against Titans, thats 1 win each for all teams in our pool...tomorrow will be interesting....f/a a big factor i think but unsure on rules
Since we've all one a match f/a means nothing. The 2 winners of Tigers/Knights and Sharks/Titans automatically progress.

From the guy who calls everyone else stupid. That's a classic :lol:

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:44 pm

radiowave82 wrote:I gotta say - and people may hate me for saying this, so I'm sorry if they do - I'm a bit disappointed with what Robbie did. Seems to me he felt it was so important that the Wests Tigers win at least one game in the tournament that he was prepared to be grubby to see it happen. He held onto that leg so long after the ref blowed the whistle it was laughable. And then he made sure to give the tigers a breather by taking as long as possible to leave the playing field. I was thinking to myself that the Tigers do need to win at least one of their nines games, but it's a pity we couldn't do it in the right way.
And what did you think about Fifita's dirty play?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:45 pm

Hmm yes I guess you missed where I said Im unsure of the rules.

Happy to be corrected...and it was before the result was known...but glad youre happy Irvine

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 4:52 pm

Ink, two teams progress from each group. So if we won, that first game would only impact who we play, it wouldn't stop us progressing.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks craig

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:06 pm

It is still entirely possible for us to finish top of our group

Post by 851 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:It is still entirely possible for us to finish top of our group
Or last,F/A will count for deciding who comes top in the group,with 2 teams finishing on 4 points,and 2 teams on 2 points.
Go hard or go home

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:16 pm

851 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:It is still entirely possible for us to finish top of our group
Or last,F/A will count for deciding who comes top in the group,with 2 teams finishing on 4 points,and 2 teams on 2 points.
And if we beat the Knights they are the highest F/A at the moment

We might only need as little as a 6-10 point win to get on top of the Sharks if they win and 10 over the Titans

What group do we play if we make the quarters ??

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:26 pm

How has BMM played ?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
851 wrote:
And if we beat the Knights they are the highest F/A at the moment

We might only need as little as a 6-10 point win to get on top of the Sharks if they win and 10 over the Titans

What group do we play if we make the quarters ??
If we finish second we will probably play Parra if we win the group more than likely it will the Roosters or Brisbane

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 5:58 pm

Tigrr wrote:How has BMM played ?
Has not played.

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 7:06 pm

In and amongst all of it it was awesome catching up with WTs fans in the crowd. Not sure if it was my own bias but apart from the Warriors fans it I was amazed at the WTs support there!

Much more purpose against Sharks. They hadn't waken up versus the Titans.

We've got a decent set of aggressive, skilful forwards - Blair, Patterson, Gavet & Taupau! Pretty impressive in this version of the game.

PL

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 7:42 pm

Good win boys .... Watched the match up at Brooklyn after Kayaking in the rain most of the day. We're in with a big show .

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 7:57 pm

radiowave82 wrote:I gotta say - and people may hate me for saying this, so I'm sorry if they do - I'm a bit disappointed with what Robbie did. Seems to me he felt it was so important that the Wests Tigers win at least one game in the tournament that he was prepared to be grubby to see it happen. He held onto that leg so long after the ref blowed the whistle it was laughable. And then he made sure to give the tigers a breather by taking as long as possible to leave the playing field. I was thinking to myself that the Tigers do need to win at least one of their nines games, but it's a pity we couldn't do it in the right way.
You are serious? Surely you are taking the piss....

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 8:09 pm

Nothing grubby about it. Smart if you ask me. If he let go straight away, a try would have been scored. To be honest I don't even know why this is an issue at all.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 15 Feb, 2014 8:25 pm

With the Robbie Farah incident he did exactly what any other player in the comp would of done .
He's not breaking any rules it's not Farah's fault play can't go on while player is walking of for his sin bin
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.